If I could improve Walt Disney World....

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Thanks Corr, I can't sleep again and began drawing away....

Dragon Tower at Disney's Animal Kingdom

-A group of renegade bats take you deep inside a dark castle to steal the treasure that is heavily guarded by a sinister dragon.
-The most unique thing about this suspended roller coaster experience is that each ride vehicle has their own personality which affects the over-all experience whether the bat carrying you is faster, slower, angrier, jollier, and more.

Concept poster =
dragontower.jpg

The Little Mermaid's Royal Wedding at Port Disney

-We've seen Cinderella crowned a princess in the magic kingdom. Now , upon the waters of Mediterranean Harbour, a grand new celebration unfolds as Disney's beloved Little Mermaid finally weds her Prince Eric. Beggining with a grand "underwater" concert from Ariel's 6 sisters, Meditterranean Harbour comes alive in this colorful and magical celebration with some of Disney's most beloved characters.
-Among the invited guests are Mickey and Friends in ther "DisneySea" costumes
-The show includes a dramatic water parade and mist screens.
-Each Disney Princess will give Ariel a "gift" for her something new, something old, something blue, and something borrowed.

concept poster =
wedding.jpg

1stStarIC2nite

Incredible photos!!! You are a very very good artist! :D These ideas sound very awesome, and I really like the idea of Port Disney for the 5th gate. Where would this be in terms of east of the Magic Kingdom? On Bay Lake or somewhere else?

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Here is an overview of the entire resort with the phase 1 monorail expansion covering all the parks.

wdwmonorail.jpg

There will be a new lushly detailed and designed "Grand Central Station" located in the old Ticket and Transportation Center where guests can access all the parks via the monorail and shuttle system. The Station would also have specialty stores and other amenities including a large garden/park where guests can hang out and at night, watch the MK fireworks.

TheHawK

Like the ideas stichcastle here aremy personal ideas

ten year plan
MK-NEw E-ticket ride being built or planned where 20K used to be
MK- Hanuted Mansiona and Pirates redone to former glory
MK-Expansion of Toon Town Fair

EP- New Canda ride
EP-Another World Showcase ride
EP- EEA redone

MGM-One big new E-ticket rides
MGM- Two smaller rides added
MGM- Star Tours updated
MGM- Honey, I shrunk... replaced

AK-New themed area
AK-New E-ticket ride
AK-Two smaller rides
Ak-New resturants

WDW- Expansion of Downtown Disney
WDW- Construction of third water park
WDW-Finsihed POp Century
WDW- New Hotel

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Yup, I too believe that Toontown needs expansion :)

Here is what I think "The Amazon" might look like in the Animal Kingdom map.

theamazon.jpg

The Amazon - Located at the eastern part of Disney's Animal Kingdom, The Amazon will be the newest land in the park and will showcase some of the fauna of one of the most mysterious and awe-inspiring places in the world.

i'll post the details of the map tomorrow...:)

stitchcastle

Original Poster
sorry for the hold-up :D

The Amazon

The Amazon is themed to look like a sort of "merging" of cultures where colonizers live peacefully and co-exists with the Natives. This is why upon walking through this land you will notice old, beat-up boat houses as well as tribal villages.

As you can see, the Amazon is not directly connected to Discovery Isle and is instead connected from Asia and DinoLand. The reason for this is that the patch of water "in front" of the land will be used as the main show area for Noah's Ark Animal Kingdom's new night show.

The big round structure occupying what used to be the area for Tarzan Rocks! is a giant Aviary where hundreds of birds native to the Amazon may be spotted by guests while walking past restaurants and shops.

After this is the load area for The Amazon River Adventure now previously I've stated that this would a rattan boat ride but after some more pondering i felt that it would be more efficient for both guests and the park itself to turn it into giant motor barges which would occupy more guests and keep their vision limited to the sides and bottoms of the area (I'll explain why in the next paragraph)

Amazon Rainforest Canopy Exploration Trail is the next attraction and this is unique in that it shares some scenes with the River Adventure Ride. But most of all, this trail takes guests to the top of the trees to view exhibits. Large banyan trees are connected by giant bridges over animal exhibits. Each tree is its own little information kiosk for certain types of animals. (The Piranha Tree takes you down to the river level for you to see actual live Piranhas)

Speaking of Trees, the big Leafless Tree you see at the center is the new entrance to the relocated It's Tough To Be A Bug! attraction. Sometime in the future, it will not only be the entrance to the attraction but the entrance to a whole new mini-land called Bug Island a lushly themed "bug paradise" full of "little" rides.

The big rock formations at the back is the entrance to the Legend of the Anaconda attraction. This area is themed to resemble an excavation camp full of archaeologists with tents and vehicles.

Robfasto

This is to easy...

All attractions would be open during all park hours. Just as they were in the past when the Magic Kingdom was open until 1 AM each night during the summer and every attraction was still open.

I feel so sorry for the people that save up money to go to the parks only to have 'seasonal' attractions around every bend. Some people can only travel during the off-season and always miss out on some good stuff. I personally had not seen the Carousel of Progress for many years due to my only being able to travel during the off-season. I guess I lucked out because of the Stitch update to Alien Encounter I was able to see one of my favorite attractions again.

Other than that I would be sure not to closed down an attraction to change it (Mr. Toad to Pooh) when there is plenty of empty unused space around.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
The Excavator at Disney's Animal Kingdom
excavator.jpg

You are taken as guinea pigs by the crazy paleontologist who wants to explore the "boneyard" a bit deeper. All's going well when mysteriously, the bones come to life and the eggs of a million raptors hatch from a billion year slumber.

~*ToonTown*~

-The expansion of Toontown will take elements from the Walt Disney cartoons as well as some other non-disney "toons"

Scrooge McDuck's Mansion - A Dark ride where you are taken on a tour of Billionaire Scrooge mcDuck's estate and Money bin.....until you find out he's getting robbed....
-includes the seasonal "Scrooge's Christmas Carol" overlay.

TaleSpin - Join Baloo as he delivers a very special package....during inclement weather in this multi-sensory motion simulator with in-cabin effects and 180 degree views.

ToonTown Trolley - Roger Rabbit takes you on a "tour" of Toontown...

PowerPuff Girls Adventure - Using the same ride system as IOA's Spider-man, The Powerpuff Girls come to our rescue as Mojo Jojo and his evil cohorts invade Townsville. This ride is also 3D.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Brave New Worlds

A new Celebration at WDW brings 5 Amazing new attractions to the parks.

5parks1world.jpg

Magic Kingdom - ~*The Ice Palace*~

-Another long forgotten attraction finally comes to life as guests are invited inside the lovely kingdom of the Snow Queen.
-this new flume ride (think Pirates/Small World) will be located in the area formerly occupied by the old Toontwon Fair.
-rep points to whoever guesses which castle inspired my design of the palace :D

EPCOT - ~*Tapestry of Nations*~

-The late lamented Tapestry of Nations parade returns in this impressive new thesis attraction for World Showcase incorporating the same technology as Timekeeper with the use of Circlevision, audio-animatronics, grand new 3d effects and spectacular music and storytelling.
-located in an elevated building in the borders between World Showcase and FutureWorld.

Disney-MGM Studios - ~*Battle of the Monsters: King Kong v.s. Godzilla*~

-The Disney-MGM Studios becomes the battleground for two of cinema's most notorious monsters in this epic battle between the King of all Apes and the King of all Monsters.
-With the Studios being the least productive of the 5 parks, WDW management decided to spend all its funds on the rights to two of the most well-known monsters to battle it out in this multi-ended e-ticket extravaganza. (disclaimer...this is just in my imaginative world where I became head of WDW :D)

Disney's Animal Kingdom - ~*Noah's Ark*~

-AK finally has a night show in this dramatic water parade of lights, fireworks and music as Noah leads the animals to safety from the great flood.
-located within the borders of The Amazon, Asia, and DinoLand.

Port Disney - ~*Discovery Mountain: From the Earth to the Moon*~

-Port Discovery receives its second E-ticket attraction as Jules Verne's beloved novel comes to life in this thrilling new roller coaster direct from Disneyland Paris!
-Since DLP now has "mission 2" without the jules verne story, i felt it would be fitting to bring the unique story back to life :D

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Winterland

icepalace.jpg

-This grand new land in The Magic Kingdom will be the home of what is the most beautiful attraction of all the Disney parks, the Ice Palace. This is accompanied by a beautiful Ice garden featuring sculptures and dazzling blue and white flora as well as a small play area featuring a grand two storey carousel which features various animals from the arctic and antarctic.

-Based on the concepts initiated by the late, great Marc Davis; The Whale Sequence and Nutracker Suite from Fantasia 2000 and the original Fantasia; as well as the soon to be released (hehe this is me going into my big dream world again where I was a great Disney animator :D) visual masterpiece, "the Snow Queen", The Ice Palace takes guests to the magical world of the Snow Queen's Kingdom.

-The ride uses a fog covered moat in which artfully designed boats take guests through this dazzling world during the celebration of Winter where the loyal inhabitants of this beautiful land join together in song and merriment. Here, you see the oceans begin to freeze in this breathtaking visual marvel where you see water very gradually turn into ice while dancing as waves. We then see the whales flying from that segment from Fantasia 2000 as well as some "Ice Mermaids" performing a concert for you while We see various arctic animals like Seals, Narwhals, Penguins, Belugas playing with the boats and entertaining the guests. We then see the pixies from fantasia's nutcracker suite "create" Auroras above our heads before we enter a room full of playfull young polar bear cubs playing arouns a beautiful ice room. we then see an "ice city" where the ice has turned into towering spires with little "snow elves" would sing to guests.

We then enter the castle of the Snow Queen, where the "Snow Dancers" dance about in an almost hypnotic manner. We then meet the Snow Queen's handmaids all adorned with lushly detailed gowns and ornaments witht heir respective "pets".

We then come to the throne room of the Snow Queen herself where she gracefully thanks us for coming and with an array of dazzling bright lights, the room is suddenly illuminated and the Snow Queen vanishes leaving guests to continue on to the next room where a full moon shines above the beautiful Winter Landscape as a light snowfall drizzles upon them before we see the Snow Queens handmaids, in their individual sleighs, soar across the sky.

hehe yeah that was rather long huh? anyway check back on this post occassionally as I would post illustrations of each "room" in the attraction and after that probably a map of the new land which would be located where Toontown Fair used to be.

FigmentJedi

For the concept sketch with the Sage, did you have to make the sun face his head like on that Super Bowl giant Sage of Time backdrop? I always thought of it as a unique and really cool hat.
And King Kong VS Godzilla the ride sounds awesome. I had something more like a simulator/ Buzz Lightyear hybrid based on Big G's 50th Anniversary film, Final Wars, but a battle between the best of the best seems a just as cool idea.
Edit: Put Gamera in the Gojira vs King Kong ride and then it would be the awesomest ride ever. After all, Gamera is everyone's favorite giant flying turtle that's friend to all children and a christ figure in the 90's films.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Thanks so much for replying guys :)

Yeah i'm sorry about The Sage of Time looking like some sun thing, I changed him up a bit for my other concept sketch of the attraction which I'll post tomorrow along with a bunch of other concept sketches for the following attractions:

Botanica's Garden - A new interactive AA sprouts in the middle of Animal Kingdom as Botanica, the queen of all Flowers talks to children about the conservation and beauty of plants and flowers.

Draco the Wise - A second interactive AA comes to Animal Kingdom, this time in Beastly Kingdom with Draco the Dragon (from Dragonheart). This enormous AA teaches guests important life lessons and how to lead a noble life like the knights of old.

As you can see I'm letting AK re-focus itself to conservation and being "educational" with these two interactive "talking" attractions. besides, AK is the only park without interactive AA's with MK having Gradma Willow, EPCOT having Crush, MGM having Edna, and DS having...wait a minute DS doesn't have one yet :D

Seasons of Love: A Walt Disney World Valentine's Celebration - This seasonal Celebration, which happens every January through early February, will introduce a new character to WDW: Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love who will preside over a massive park wide celebration with a whole plethora of new shows that celebrate the power of "love". shows include Cinderellabration, Braviseamo, Ariel's Wedding, Princess parades, and many many more. (complete details on my post tommorow with the concept poster).

I'll also post a ride poster for King Kong v.s. Godzilla :)

stitchcastle

Original Poster
=New Attractions=

~*Disney's Animal Kingdom*~

Botanica: Queen of Flowers - This grand new AA presentation lets guests talk and interact with Botanica, a lovely giant flower who teaches the importance of plants to the world. Located in Discovery Isle, Botanica and her many flower friends would sing and dance for your enjoyment (songs include "Golden Afternoon" from Alice in Wonderland). This is a sort of Enchanted Tikki Room meets Crush's Turtle Talk kind of an attraction. Each guest receives their own honorary 'flower seed' as they exit the attraction as Botanica's souveneir.

botanica.jpg

Draco The Dragon - The MOST complex AA in the world, Draco (voiced by Sean Connery and is from the movie Dragon Heart) teaches guests what it's like to be a dragon adn that not all Dragons are evil. He cracks jokes and even sings and sometimes even grants wishes.

draco20.jpg

sorry it's a screen capture, this is almost what it would look like, i'll draw a concept sketch in the near future.

~*EPCOT*~

Tapestry of Nations and the new World Showcase Entrance Plaza

-The unity of the human spirit is showcased in this amazing multi-media show led by the Sage of Time

tapestry.jpg

-The show building also acts as the new entry way into World Showcase

~*Disney-MGM Studios*~

Battle of the Monsters: King Kong v.s. Godzilla
-This epic new ride puts guests right in the middle of the action as two of cinema's most notorious monsters battle to the death. New York becomes the arena for one of the most gruesome battles in monster history.
-Guests board "monorails" in this ride which unfortunately gets right in between the path of the two monsters.
-This ride is different all the time, the order in which either Godzilla or King Kong show up is pretty random as well as the end where either Godzilla wins, or King Kong wins, or none of them win.
-There are two monorails, one which witnesses first hand how King Kong breaks free from his shackles and the other which sees how Godzilla rises from the depths of the sea.
-this ride is located in the New York section of the Streets of America Backlot
kongzilla.jpg

+Celebrations+

Seasons of Love: A Walt Disney World Valentine's Celebration
seasons.jpg

-Love is in the air at Walt Disney World as Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love comes down for a visit ushering in an incredibly romantic atmosphere throughout all the parks with new shows and attractions.

**Magic Kingdom
- Shows = Cinderellabration: Lights of Romance- although already a year round addition to the park, the show is spruced up with new "guests" for the Valentine edition.
-parades = The Princess Prossessional - all the Disney princesses are showcased in lovely floral floats as they parade down mainstreet.

**EPCOT
-shows = Love around the World - visit each country in World Showcase and see the different traditions and customs when it comes to weddings and coutrship.

**Disney-MGM Studios
-shows = Toontown Lovin' - Mickey takes Minnie out on a date in this 'Grease' inspired musical.
-parades = Love in the Movies - Stars in Motorcars parade gets a "Famous couples in Cinema history" makeover.
-shows = Lights! Camera! Romance! - Lights! Camera! Dreams! gets a Romantic new edition where our heroine stars in her own love story.

**Disney's Animal Kingdom
-shows = Jungle Romance - An outdoor Musical where characters from Bambi, the Lion King, The Jungle Book, and the Little Mermaid are showcased in this lovely presentation of animals and love.
-shows = BraviSEAmo! - direct from Tokyo DisneySea, this nighttime spectacular sees two elemental sprirts represented by birds meet and fall in love.

**Port Disney
-shows = The Little Mermaid's Royal Wedding - Ariel's grand wedding is staged with special effects, lasers, lights, fireworks and dancing fountains upon Meditterranean Harbour.
-parades =Minnie's Style! Parade - Aphrodite and Minnie mouse hold a special celebration of style and beauty in this very art deco and glamorous parade/water show.

FigmentJedi

The ToN sketch looks awesome, except the Sage's fingers which look a little too Pleakley-ish to me.
Kong vs Godzilla looks and sounds awesome, but for that neither of them winning ending, it would be a funny and random ending with Gamera coming in for no reason and shooting plasma balls as he swoops in down from the sky. Or it could just be a draw.

1stStarIC2nite

Very beautiful sketches once again. What exactly is the Tapestry of Nations attraction? An AA show.. or? Anyways.. hmmm... could the theme song to the "Seasons of Love" celebration be from Rent? :D hehe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom