If Comcast had bought Disney what state would the parks be in?

How would the parks be if Disney was bought by Comcast?

• Better than now.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Worse than now.

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • About the same.

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Run into the ground.

Votes: 41 59.4%

• Total voters

Testtrack321

They wanted Disney for ESPN, they'd run the parks into the ground and sell them off to the highest bidder, even if that was piece by piece.

scpergj

With Steve Burke from Comcast being allowed to run the show I think he would do one heck of a bang up job. Comcast is not a joke company and we are getting better all the time and are finally trying to fix issues and realizing that the customer comes first. We have a lot of cool stuff coming down the road and I feel you will be pleasently surprised.

HA!

Let me tell you what a joke of a company Comcast is.

I was having intermittent connection problems with my cable modem. The frist operator I called told me that she saw that I had dropping problems in the past few weeks that she could see, so the first step was to replace my modem (really...interesting). I got my new modem, that's when things got interesting for real. I installed the new modem, when suprise!!!, it didn't work either. I called Comcasts customer no-service line, and the IDIOT told me to disconnect the cable from the modem - which I did - then to also disconnect the cable from the wall (it sits behind a heavy piece of furniture, so not so easy to do) in case - get this, she really did say it - 'there is bad data in the cable'. I immediatly broke out in a hearty loud laugh, and asked if I could talk with someone that knew what they were talking about. She wouldn't get anyone else and put me on hold for 10 minutes. I called back, and the next tech figured I needed someone to come out and check my cable ($35 service charge if they find a problem in my home wire!). The tech (who was really good, by the way) found a problem IN THE ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD! But wait - it gets better - his supervisor lives in my neighborhood, and when he asked, SHE HAD BEEN HAVING TROUBLE FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS TOO! It was eventually fixed, but still...

BTW, I have a degree in Information Systems, am A+ and Network+ certified...and am a network and systems administrator as well as a programmer in real life, so I'm pretty well qualified to say that the person on the phone wasn't smart enough to be in this business.

BTW, I think the parks would be falling apart if not already closed if Comcast was running them....based on my experience.

PhotoDave219

If you read the book "DisneyWar", the entire Comcast proposal was simply a diversion created by Eisner to try and quell the "Save Disney" Campaign and the shareholder revolt lead by Roy Disney.

It would NEVER have happened or gone through. It was an attempted job-saving ploy only to have Eisner cut a deal with the board that left Iger in power in his place and Eisner to retire and safe face publicly.

I highly recommend that book to anyone who wants to know the history of what really went down with the company then.

PhotoDave219

They wanted Disney for ESPN, they'd run the parks into the ground and sell them off to the highest bidder, even if that was piece by piece.

No, they were suckered into making an offer and fell for it. While Comcast may have wanted it for ESPN, it would NEVER have went through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom