Trip Report If At First You Don't Succeed...*COMPLETED*

Well we're trying again.

Easter week at WDW.

Not my favorite week to visit but when your travel buddy is a teacher, you make the sacrifice. Except this year it doesn't feel like a sacrifice. The loss of our Easter 2020 vacation (thanks to COVID) was harder than I expected. I’m excited to have the chance for a do-over!

Of course the plans we had in 2020 aren't the same for 2021. We'll have no Fastpasses to skip the long lines. There will be no turkey sammie for lunch at Be Our Guest or All-American Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. No fireworks to conclude our Disney days. And we'll be staying at a different resort.

But that's all okay....there's still fun to be had! And thanks to the credit we received from last year's cancellation, most of our trip is already paid.

I have to give David's Vacation Club Rentals props. Eighteen months ago I'd signed a "no refunds" contract for our 2020 points rental, figuring it was a low-risk gamble. When the pandemic happened and WDW closed, we considered our monies lost ~ disappointing for sure, but understanding that was the result of the risk we took. After all, David's is a business which would also lose money from this pandemic. Legally they did not have to do anything for us. Yet I received a travel voucher for the full amount we paid.

I hope to report live on the adventures of Tuvalu and Em beginning next Sunday. Time will tell if I succeed. ;)

3D585BEC-14E4-4156-9423-5BCD6271BEF2.jpeg

(Must have been a Callan photo shoot. :hilarious:)

93boomer

Premium Member
Lunch from Capt. Cooks.

Em has a cheeseburger with house-made Poly chips. The chips are a combination of kettle cooked potato chips and fried wontons.

The wontons are the BEST and are typically fewer in number than the chips. Today it’s the reverse. Em is extra happy as am I, since I feel no guilt in helping myself to a couple wontons.

View attachment 546096

My meal is a disappointment. The Asian noodle salad has never let me down....until now.

As we unpack our lunch bag, Em notices the salad is no longer in a box (which is an ok substitute for a bowl) but on a large paper plate. And it is missing the chicken I paid extra for.

So I have to re-mask and drag myself back to Cooks, follow the safety protocols once I arrive, and show my receipt which proves I added chicken.

The CM retrieves a small bag of chicken from a cook and says he can dump the chicken on top IF I remove the plastic cover over the salad.

Whatever.

This is the end result.

View attachment 546097

Of course I have no knife with which to cut the chicken (not going back to Cooks AGAIN) and since it has not been mixed into the miso dressing, the chicken tastes very bland.

Actually there is very little dressing and the whole salad tastes bland. Even the grape tomatoes have no flavor.

Not to mention the difficulty of eating slippery long noodles off a plate.

Sigh.
Bowls or boxes-good. Plates-nope for me either. You can’t mix up the dressing on a salad in a plate!
You know I try to eat healthy when we go down. But, sometimes I find the salads are not that good. So I eat something not so healthy but it tastes better. 🤣 A never-ending food dilemma. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
There was loud music playing from the giant speakers (used during pool games) when we arrived at the Lava pool this morning. (Why?) So we specifically chose loungers on the opposite end of the pool.

When we finish lunch we know pool games are imminent ~ meaning the CMs will be using microphones in addition to the already loud music.

It’s time for a pool change. To the Oasis we go!

9B3B699E-CF59-4B6C-BDF6-4BDFF8289F29.jpeg

Ahhh, so much quieter here. The resort background soundtrack is calming and Em is able to read her book.

0C7A12DD-A8DB-4A8B-B19A-4A99B7E448C4.jpeg

DisneyGigi

Lunch from Capt. Cooks.

Em has a cheeseburger with house-made Poly chips. The chips are a combination of kettle cooked potato chips and fried wontons.

The wontons are the BEST and are typically fewer in number than the chips. Today it’s the reverse. Em is extra happy as am I, since I feel no guilt in helping myself to a couple wontons.

View attachment 546096

My meal is a disappointment. The Asian noodle salad has never let me down....until now.

As we unpack our lunch bag, Em notices the salad is no longer in a box (which is an ok substitute for a bowl) but on a large paper plate. And it is missing the chicken I paid extra for.

So I have to re-mask and drag myself back to Cooks, follow the safety protocols once I arrive, and show my receipt which proves I added chicken.

The CM retrieves a small bag of chicken from a cook and says he can dump the chicken on top IF I remove the plastic cover over the salad.

Whatever.

This is the end result.

View attachment 546097

Of course I have no knife with which to cut the chicken (not going back to Cooks AGAIN) and since it has not been mixed into the miso dressing, the chicken tastes very bland.

Actually there is very little dressing and the whole salad tastes bland. Even the grape tomatoes have no flavor.

Not to mention the difficulty of eating slippery long noodles off a plate.

Sigh.
I had salad troubles today too. Chick-fil-A left the crispy peppers out of my bag! That is my fave part. I would definitely trade your view over mine. Looking at the pool but the water temp is just up to 63 here. 🥶 7 degrees to go and I am in.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
So Em was right. There are a few floating planters with flowers. Very few.

View attachment 546193

Where they used to reside in years past...in all their colorful glory....is now full of what looks like algae.

View attachment 546194

You're being too picky... Algae are plants!! 😂😂

I'm not even an Epcot fan and I hate this SO MUCH. I don't understand why they think a night show was worth giving up the beauty of the entire freaking park.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Crowds around the lagoon not too bad.

D33F45D0-EFA5-4EC1-AB63-4C4ADF87F6DE.jpeg

Since we had already explored the countries from Canada to America on prior days, we keep walking until we get to Italy.

There are lots of pretty flowers here!

C18D6353-FE3C-4F69-9431-A203443AA36D.jpeg

3D507876-FCEA-475F-87EE-4213054D91C3.jpeg

Em wants her dad to create this display in her yard.

1ED8E69C-180D-4445-AB6C-DEAE918AC2CE.jpeg

Woody responds exactly as we expect. “All it takes is time and money.”

Neither of which we have enough of. 😔

However this scene makes us smile!

15A51E64-0443-45BE-A3C9-DD61F2F50677.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom