Ideas for a nice quiet dinner

sbkline

Original Poster
Last year, we met up with Fizzle75 and his wife, Skeeder, and we were looking forward to our dinner at California Grill. My wife and I were dissappointed with this restaraunt for more than one reason, but one of the reasons was the noise level. We looked forward to having a quiet dinner with Fizzle and his wife and being able to have a good visit. But the restaraunt was so noisy, that I kept having to lean in to hear what he was saying, and I kept having to strain to make sure he was able to hear me. We're hoping to meet up again next year and spend even more time together, and I'm trying to get some ideas of some places to sit down and eat and actually have a good visit without a bunch of noise in the background. Any suggestions?

Thinking back at some of the places my wife and I have eaten, I don't think I recall Garden Grill being very noisy at all...plus it is a character dinner which may appeal to our kids, whom we will be bringing for the first time. We really liked Le Cellier, but as popular as that place is, I'm sure there would be alot of people and, thus, not very quiet.

I'm hoping to talk my wife into staying at Caribbean Beach...so what about Shutters? Maya Grill at Coronado? What places can anyone think of that are generally quiet and conducive to a good visit? And I'm not Bill Gates, so I doubt that Victoria and Alberts would be an option. :lol:

glendroid

well for a nice quiet dinner to go Olivias at the old key west resort.

i recommend going later on in the night how ever as it will be nice and quiet and waterside as well :) and then after dinner you can enjoy a nice walk around the resort :)

Good food as well..

sbkline

Original Poster
well for a nice quiet dinner to go Olivias at the old key west resort.

i recommend going later on in the night how ever as it will be nice and quiet and waterside as well :) and then after dinner you can enjoy a nice walk around the resort :)

Good food as well..

I will have to put that one on the list of possibilities. I know Fizzle has stayed at OKW...in fact, I think that's where he's staying on his current trip that he's on as we speak. I'm sure he's eaten there and hopefully he can give me his opinion on that one.

My suggestions:

- Jiko at AKL
- Artist Point at WL
- Yachtsman Steakhouse at Yacht Club
- Brown Derby at Studios

-Joe

Ah, yes...we both loved Artist Point. I guess I forgot about that one in my initial post, as I do seem to remember that one being quiet as well. And I would love to try Yachtsman Steakhouse and my wife has expressed interest in Boma and Jiko. So definitely some possibilities on that list as well. :D

tigsmom

Yachtsman and Artist Point votes from me as well. They are always quiet when we are there. Boma was quiet when we were there, but that was in March during a Spring Break. The food was great and it's a place we will be going back to.

yankspy

Yachtsman and Artist Point votes from me as well. They are always quiet when we are there. Boma was quiet when we were there, but that was in March during a Spring Break. The food was great and it's a place we will be going back to.
I'll second that and add Narcoossees.

sbkline

Original Poster
FYI - Boma is not quiet, it can be on the loud side....unless you happen to be there when it isn't very busy, which is rare.

Oh, I know...I'm just saying that my wife has previously expressed interest in trying either one of the restaraunts at AKL. I've heard that Boma can be quite noisy, but if Jiko is quiet, that may be a place to consider. I know Fizzle loves that place and my wife acts like she would like to try it. I'm just not sure if that cuisine appeals to me, though! :lol:

tigsmom

Oh, I know...I'm just saying that my wife has previously expressed interest in trying either one of the restaraunts at AKL. I've heard that Boma can be quite noisy, but if Jiko is quiet, that may be a place to consider. I know Fizzle loves that place and my wife acts like she would like to try it. I'm just not sure if that cuisine appeals to me, though! :lol:

My family was the same way! I went thru the menus and recipes with them and they found out it was just everyday food with funny names. The spices may be different than we are used to (as far as the dishes they are used in), but nothing was unfamiliar. I have 2 picky kids (now 20 & 14) and a hubby who isn't into odd cuisines and they all loved the place (talking about Boma).
Jiko has nice chicken and steaks as well as fish. We would have gone there too, but couldn't get in. Be adventurous and give it a try!

klineski96

I'm hoping to talk my wife into staying at Caribbean Beach...so what about Shutters? Maya Grill at Coronado? :lol:

Bingo.
My wife have only eaten there once but we were one of 3 or 4 couples in the whole place. It was quiet, a table by the window, the food was great... it was a wonderful experience.

It was on a weekend at dinner time too.

Maybe we just got lucky who knows. I could see this place being loud when full.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would not fear the cuisine at Jiko. One thing that they are incredible about is tweaking the food to fit your tastes.

sbkline

Original Poster
Bingo.
My wife have only eaten there once but we were one of 3 or 4 couples in the whole place. It was quiet, a table by the window, the food was great... it was a wonderful experience.

It was on a weekend at dinner time too.

Maybe we just got lucky who knows. I could see this place being loud when full.

Thanks for the info on Maya Grill. :wave:

And I can't help noticing your screen name. Is that your last name? Perhaps we're related somehow. :D

RussJT

Boma might be my favorite restaurant on property... however, it can be crowded and a bit loud on occasion. I recommend you trying Jiko... partially because your wife wants to try it, but mostly because it is VERY good. I think they are usually willing to adapt spices, etc., to fit someones tastes.

Then try Boma on an evening where you are willing to eat great selection of food with a little more noise.

klineski96

Thanks for the info on Maya Grill. :wave:

And I can't help noticing your screen name. Is that your last name? Perhaps we're related somehow. :D

You're welcome! If you go to Maya Grill, be aware the Steak and Catch is ALOT of food. Depending on how hungry you both are, you could easily split it. We ordered an app and split that entree and it was more than enough, and significantly cheaper than each getting an entree.

http://allears.net/menu/menu_mg.htm

We've noticed your screen name too! It may be a funnier to us than ours is to you. If that came out wrong, I'll explain! :) My wife's first name starts with an S, her maiden name with a B, and yes Kline is our last name. I thought she was you for a few days until I asked her if she created another WDWMagic account! LOL :lol:

Sloan

add vote for Jiko

I'll add my vote for Jiko - the atmosphere there is great, and you can go for a quiet walk around the grounds after your fantastic dinner. I can't promise that the dining room is literally the most quiet of them all, but its such an attractive place, with such great food, that I think you'll find it to make for a very pleasant dining experience. (and if you like wine, they have a fantastic wine list). Let us know what you end up selecting - and enjoy! :slurp:

DisneyJunkie

I would most definitely recommend dining at the Coral Reef Restaurant in Epcot. On our most recent vacation, we ate there twice (for lunch) and despite the place being full of couples and families, the atmosphere was relaxed, it was comfortable, and it was never overly loud. In addition, the view of the aquarium in front of you is great, and the food is absolutely fantastic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom