Ideas for a new resort at The Walt Disney World Resort

What theme do you think the resort would be?

• Medieval or the style of Fantasyland

• Sci-fi/Future/Modern

• Western

• Caribbean

• Venitian

• Rustic

• Liberty Square themed

• Parisian

• Hollywood

• Animal

Results are only viewable after voting.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Not saying this will happen, but I thought it would be cool to have an open discussion about opinions, thoughts, and ideas for a new resort on The Walt Disney World Property.

Schneewittchen

You know there's a whole list of resorts that never were:
Disney's Asian Resort
Fort Wilderness Junction
Disney's Mediterranean Resort
Disney's Persian Resort
Disney's Venetian Resort

I would love for Fort Wilderness Junction (Buffalo Junction) to happen one day. It was supposed to have western theming and be a physical link between Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
What I would like to see is a hotel that goes into the park like the one at DisneySeas. I did not know about this when I went there or I would have stayed there for sure. I think it would be neat to build no as park of the Star Wars Land.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
What I would like to see is a hotel that goes into the park like the one at DisneySeas. I did not know about this when I went there or I would have stayed there for sure. I think it would be neat to build no as park of the Star Wars Land.
I think if they relocate It's a Small World to where the speedway is (like they are doing in Tokyo) that would be cool, and they could make a resort on the right side of the park, so you would have views into it, so it could view tomorrowland, main street, and fantasyland, and possibly connect to the castle to give it a much more regal look, and grandness.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
You know there's a whole list of resorts that never were:
Disney's Asian Resort
Fort Wilderness Junction
Disney's Mediterranean Resort
Disney's Persian Resort
Disney's Venetian Resort

I would love for Fort Wilderness Junction (Buffalo Junction) to happen one day. It was supposed to have western theming and be a physical link between Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge.
Yup, I've heard of them. The land between ttc, and the contemporary resort-hotel was supposed to be used for the Venetian resort, but due to the land being unstable the budget skyrocketed as pylons would of have to of been over twice the length.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Don't we already have Caribbean, Rustic, Western, Hollywood and Animal themed resorts at WDW?

I'd vote for either a medieval or Sci Fi themed resort. Wouldn't it be nice to stay in something themed like the suite in the Castle? And since The Force Awakens has blown all box office records for opening weekend (I saw it three times in a row - yes I spent 11 hours in my local AMC) and looks to be the top grossing movie of all time, why not jump on that SW bandwagon with a SW resort as part of the SW expansion in DHS. Or a Marvel themed resort? Which might help the disappointment Marvel fans have due to the restrictions on Marvel rides east of the Mississippi. I know my daughter would be ecstatic if she could stay in a Tony Stark themed room.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
Don't we already have Caribbean, Rustic, Western, Hollywood and Animal themed resorts at WDW?

I'd vote for either a medieval or Sci Fi themed resort. Wouldn't it be nice to stay in something themed like the suite in the Castle? And since The Force Awakens has blown all box office records for opening weekend (I saw it three times in a row - yes I spent 11 hours in my local AMC) and looks to be the top grossing movie of all time, why not jump on that SW bandwagon with a SW resort as part of the SW expansion in DHS. Or a Marvel themed resort? Which might help the disappointment Marvel fans have due to the restrictions on Marvel rides east of the Mississippi. I know my daughter would be ecstatic if she could stay in a Tony Stark themed room.
I put loads of options to see what people wanted, but I agree with you on Star Wars. I absolutely love it, but haven't seen it yet, because I am waiting to hopefully go see it i a 70mm Imax screen and it very well will probably cross 2 billion worldwide, and could even do 3 billion worldwide (although I see that as impossible if it doesn't premiere huge in China). I may be wrong, but my understanding is that characters like Guardians of The Galaxy can be used for the east coast? And A mini-resort themed to fantasylandish/medievalish with rooms looking at tomorrowland, fantasyland,main street usa, and, of course fantasyland would be epic. I wonder why they haven't done something like this. They could charge $1799.00 a night and it would sell

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I echo the sentiments on Buffalo Junction. I really do hope that moves forward at some point in time. The original plans I believe called for a train connecting the Wilderness Lodge to Ft Wilderness with a stop at Buffalo Junction.

I'd also look at the land over by Coronado Springs. If Disney ever moves with the 5 gate I'd expect it over in that area. Coronado would probably become a 5th gate hotel along with a couple of other new builds. (But we're at least a decade from that becoming reality).

But since we're looking for some new ideas I'd vote for an Everest/Ski type lodge (Think Vail with some fake snow) tied into Blizzard Beach just north of Osceola Pkwy and west of Buena Vista Drive. Pretty much adjacent to Blizzard and just south of Coronado.

Or

East side of Bay Lake. They originally planned to develop this but it didn't quite work out. Give it a Tahoe Feel (considering it would be on the lake) and build out another 2 hotels on the lake with a separate entertainment area. It wouldn't really much of a stretch to tie it into WL (as it is modeled after the pacific NW), FW and hopefully Buffalo Junction at some point and tie it all together with a steam train (along with the obligatory buses and boats)

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
I think a venitian resort would work best for that, it could have a very relaxed setting, but only the ones on the canals would be 500+ a night the rest could be 175-200 expensive, but not bad for the monorail plus an amazing theme.

Last edited:

KrazyKat

I've always thought it would cool if they built a new resort across the street from Tomorrowland and call it The Magic Kingdom resort in that plot of land that was once planned for a future resort. Have a bridge that can be raised over the road and guest could enter right into Tomorrowland. That empty area could be themed to the Tron coaster and jetpack ride they are building in SDL.

They could theme different areas of the resort to different attractions like HM, SM, BTM or NFL and so on. I've seen the concept photos on here for themed room ideas and one of them was for HM and POTC (like CBR but better).
IMG_8321.JPG

Please excuse my crude photo editing on my smartphone. Just showing the basic idea.

wdisneyw2000

Great ideas here. As a business concept you could bring more families on property (more money) as instead of them staying off property. As for the complaints of too loud, crowded whatever the case may be your opinion is taken into consideration with more expensive resorts understood, then you could have that. There are many themes & ideas could be created, none that are bad they can all be Disney themes. I like the ideas of themed to movies, (Pirates, Avatar, Frozen, etc just examples; Personally cheaper as well because for a vacation we all know we pay enough as it is, in & at WDW. I stay at the All-Stars because my Family & I are not in my room except to sleep, shower & change clothes, just how we do it. Plus it would be nice to see rooms that could sleep more then 4 (not a suite) unless the prices could be cheaper. Noone should have to take out a loan for a vacation, but you get my opinion lol

JEANYLASER

Sci-fi/Future/Modern that i love to see it for the new resort at Disney World like Miles from Tomorrowland theme! That why I voted for Sci-fi/Future/Modern!:cool:

Last edited:

Robbiemoo

I voted for sci fi but I'd really love to see some really exotic resorts. Too many of the current hotels are themed to 'this is like some place you'd go on vacation if you weren't in Walt Disney world' cape cod, Hawaii, national park, key west etc

Think how amazing it would be to stay in a Japanese castle, Renaissance italy or a Star Wars planet!

I'd love bay lake to become another seven seas lagoon ringed with exotic resorts connected by a monorail or other futuristic transport

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom