Ideas for a 5th park

DonaldDuck

Original Poster
Okay, I haven't been on this forum long so I don't know if this question has been asked, but... What would you most want to see as a fifth park for WDW?

This is not a thread to discuss rumors about new parks, just what you would want to see as a fifth gate. WDW averages a new park every 9 years, but that may not happen in 2007 due to financial restrictions and other stuff. So this is just talking about what you would want to see if it were theoretically possible.

I actually think the idea of a park like Tokyo's DisneySeas would be a neat park for Florida.

Sir Hiss527

Welcome,

Yea if you go to the search spot on the site, just type something in, and there will be a lot of threads about new parks, and all. I kind of do like the idea of Disney Seas, cause it would be a neat place for Florida.

CaptChris

Disney Seas would be my vote!

Disney has created parks and attractions to go up against its competitors, with the exception of Sea World. Disney Seas would fill this void in the market.

There is plenty of land for future development, but I think there needs to be some improvements in the next decade or so to the existing parks to keep some of that Disney magic.

Kenan

If Disney were to build a new theme park, I think it should totally be a new themed concept that they havent come up with. No more clones, please.

WDWSwashbuckler

Originally posted by Kenan
If Disney were to build a new theme park, I think it should totally be a new themed concept that they havent come up with. No more clones, please.

I agree.. I want to see some major inguinity in a new park... Something like they did when they created EPCOT. Something waaaaaay different than their competitors. :)

Tower/of/Terror

Account Suspended
I definatley like the DisneySeas idea.. I think it would be FABULOUS! Especially Journey and Indy.. that would rock...

But, I agree with the idea that they need something new. Which makes me choose the Disney's Villian Theme Park idea. They could make the main hub a destroyed/old and dark version of the Cinderella castle, that the Villians took over. They could make a ride based on Sleeping Beauty and......? I really cant think of alot for this whole park, but the idea sounds great. It's kinda ironic, 4 years ago or so I knew nothin about the idea, and I made a park on Roller Coaster Tycoon that was called "Disney's Villian Theme Park" and one of the rides that was a roller coaster in and out of a mountain was called "Forbidden Mountain"... kinda strange I think, I swear I knew nothing! lol.

DonaldDuck

Original Poster
Another idea I had for another WDW park is similar, but opposite, to FW in Epcot. I don't know exactly how it would work. But the "past park" would show the past like how Epcot was meant to show the future. This sounds somewhat interesting to me, but I don't know if others would feel the same way.

KentB3

Originally posted by DonaldDuck
Okay, I haven't been on this forum long so I don't know if this question has been asked, but... What would you most want to see as a fifth park for WDW?

This is not a thread to discuss rumors about new parks, just what you would want to see as a fifth gate. WDW averages a new park every 9 years, but that may not happen in 2007 due to financial restrictions and other stuff. So this is just talking about what you would want to see if it were theoretically possible.

I actually think the idea of a park like Tokyo's DisneySeas would be a neat park for Florida.

You might want to post your ideas to the Imagineers forum-- which is designed specifically for that type of thing! I post there regularly, and am currently in the process of designing a proposal for a 6th Disney theme park; complete with map drawings I have posted.

Just thought you'd like to know! :)

Dizknee_Phreek

i think the next park should be completely themed on the Lord of the Rings trilogy!

:lookaroun

j/k! seriously, i think Disney Seas would be a great addition! but at the same time, i think something completely new and different would be great too! so far, WDW has had nothing but new and different ideas everytime they've added a park, so i think it'd be only fitting if they kept that tradition.
i like the idea of making a park all about the past. only, i hope it wouldn't be like colonial America. don't get me wrong, it's one of my favorite time periods, but Disney World already has American Adventure pavilion, and Liberty Square. actually, there's a lot of American history built into Disney parks...the two i just mentioned, and then Frontierland represents the 'old west', and Main St. represents America in the early 1900's. so it'd be interesting to see where they'd take a park based on the past.
but if they HAD to copy an already existing park, i'd want to see Disney Seas.
then again, Disney's Florida Adventure has a nice ring to it :lol:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I'd really like to see a DisneySeas copy along with some new attractions. If we don't want copies, though, I'm all for the Villians park, I even created one which can be found in the Imagineering forum. Disney's America could be a nice one as well, but I don't want it all to be just boring-as-usual Hall of Presidents-type attractions. No thanks.

And actually, i'm for a Florida Adventure, as long as it's a new park and it's themed very well, and there's some good attractions, no cheap ones. I think they could do a lot for this park.

disnyfan89

How about they close DCA and remake it to be Disney's Florida Adventure and then Build DCA here because we all know that if they put a Florida based park here it will be a flop like DCA was. :lol:

DisneyJill

I love the idea of a Disney Sea in Florida. All the pictures of Tokyo's Disney Sea look so cool. I don't really like the Villians Idea. Sounds too scary for little kids.

disneyisbest

I have always liked the idea of a Villians park. A park devoted entirely to Disney villians. Villan based rides, shows, parades, etc.....

I think it would be a great idea.

Any thoughts?

KevinPage

NO 5TH PARK AT THIS TIME

Any idea they have should be implemented into the existing parks to round out/complete/make better what they have.

Honestly, the last thing we need here in Florida is another park, especially one that Disney themselves might not invest the proper amount of money into (can you say DCA, WDS Paris, and now I hear things about HK DL & Shanghai DL being very budget conscious).

Once all the 4 parks are upgraded, and Disney gets some more money and business sense and WILL be willing to spend Oriental Land Company type dollars on the parks, then we can dicuss a 5th park.

jodez21

i could not agree more, disney world doesnt need any more parks, its perfect the way it is. instead of wasting money making a whole new park, they should just spend it on filling up the space they already have by adding new rides to the parks they already have. maybe if u want u could add like a new section to the AK that is all about the ocean, ect. but no new park! all the parks like tokyo, paris, ect im sure theyre all great even tho ive never been there, but its kinda selling out the whole disney experience, its not as unique anymore.

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by jodez21
all the parks like tokyo, paris, ect im sure theyre all great even tho ive never been there,
but its kinda selling out the whole disney experience, its not as unique anymore.

Finally somebody who said it!

What's unique with another Disney Seas?
Especially since here there is a budget, something they haven't heared of at Tokyo Disney!
This would ruin the park layout! Imagine Disney Seas without Journey into the Center of the Earth!?!

I would love to see the next park be ...............................................................

Nothing! The next "phase" should be putting more stuff at MGM and more rides at the Animal Kingdom! And if they're at it, add a brand new Indy ride!!!! (Doesn't have to be Dinosaur style, maybe an indoor water coaster at adventureland?) and then I'm satisfied for the next years to come! :animwink:

jrriddle

I agree with you Kevin, spend money on the existing parks. If DCA, WDSP, HKDL, and the rumors about the Singapore park are true, any new park is just going to be a huge disapointment.
However if we are just dreaming I think that a "Disney's Heroes and Villians" park would be great. The hero part (with some princess stuff thrown in for the smaller kids) would balance out the Villians part of the park.
With all the newer movies (litle mermaid and beyond) that have not yet been turned in attractions, this park could be a great companion park to MK. It could offer something for everyone.
Or turn Discovery Island into a smaller 1/2 day park based on Discovery Bay. Give it great themeing and I think people would come. Being an actual island, I'm not sure how it would work logistically.

darthdarrel

I kind of think that A Disney Seas would be great for Florida, but at the same time adding a seas type land to AK sounds interesting. They could theme it after Hawaii and they could have a snorkeling pool and have a swim with the Dolphin encounter and you could feed the fish Peanut butter sandwiches! :lol: :D

Disney Seas would be nice but not as a theme park of its own. This needs to be a huge new land at.........drum roll........Animal Kingdom!!! Duh! :hammer: Walt Disney World is the premiere Disney vacation destination and Animal Kingdom would be the appropriate place for a comlete LAND(ironic) based on SEAS! After all, sea life is represented on the Tree of Life! Plus, Animal Kingdom is the least visited theme park of the four. This would give a major boost to the Animal Kingdom and would make it more complete (as long as it was done well unlike some Dino-rama crap!!) In addition, I would add an AMERICAS land to the theme park, thus giving it more of a truly global Animal Kingdom. In short, I don't think that any new park should be built yet. I think that the Animal Kingdom needs worked upon and brought up to a higher theme park level before venturing into the realm of a 5th theme park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom