Iconic Purple Directional Signs Being Replaced

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
In another 30 years, Disney will change the blue and yellow to another colour and people will go, "Hey! I preferred the old colour like it was in the 2020s! Bring it back!"

Tastes change, styles change. The current trend for minimalist hotel rooms will turn into another trend entirely in 10 years.
I'm old enough to remember (because it was only five years ago) when everyone lamented the loss of Wishes and complained that Happily Ever After was the worst thing they had ever seen.

Casper Gutman

I'm old enough to remember (because it was only five years ago) when everyone lamented the loss of Wishes and complained that Happily Ever After was the worst thing they had ever seen.
At least that’s one complaint this curmudgeon never made - because I have never really been able to tell the difference between fireworks shows.

I do like it when they use music from the park, but they only seem to do that in Disneyland. And at EPCOT forever.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Some signs on World Drive have started being replaced -

3FA6BC0D-3505-436D-81A0-2E5D44C68ADD.jpeg

drnilescrane

Some signs on World Drive have started being replaced -

View attachment 680706
The more I see of these, the more I think this was a regulatory issue.

The new ones use the federal highway standard typefaces and route shields, and on western way all the wayside signage (things like the yellow diamonds that warn you of hazards) were replaced with the standard versions.

I don't think the purple was the problem - all the other weird choices were.

They could have made these purple, but I think if they were going to replace all of them for compliance reasons they decided to just update to a more modern color scheme.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

The more I see of these, the more I think this was a regulatory issue.

The new ones use the federal highway standard typefaces and route shields, and on western way all the wayside signage (things like the yellow diamonds that warn you of hazards) were replaced with the standard versions.

I don't think the purple was the problem - all the other weird choices were.

They could have made these purple, but I think if they were going to replace all of them for compliance reasons they decided to just update to a more modern scheme.
What regulation? Why not cite it?

dhslxop

There’s a series of new LED screens going up along the roadways throughout property (think like what’s already in use near Disney Springs). I’ve noticed 3 so far - 2 facing westbound traffic on Buena Vista Drive and 1 facing northbound traffic on World Drive.

Curious to see what the plan is for these new signs in relation to the current road signs project. In my opinion, more permanent digital signage will be an improvement over the temporary signage that gets put up.

JoeCamel

There’s a series of new LED screens going up along the roadways throughout property (think like what’s already in use near Disney Springs). I’ve noticed 3 so far - 2 facing westbound traffic on Buena Vista Drive and 1 facing northbound traffic on World Drive.

Curious to see what the plan is for these new signs in relation to the current road signs project. In my opinion, more permanent digital signage will be an improvement over the temporary signage that gets put up.
Help Wanted
Park at capacity
Lot full

castlecake2.0

Original Poster

I was just coming here to comment on this, curious to see what they’re for. Traffic on BV Drive has been pretty bad lately with everyone using western way now, could it be something to do with that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom