Icon Lighting (MK and Epcot)

In the far away picture, you can barely tell there is anything on the castle. I dont think that the lights are going to effect peoples picture taking at all unless they are doing close ups. I think its going to be great and everyone is going to love it.

EpcotServo

And brkgnews—kudos, nice avatar. I'll throw up the WF39 avatar I made a year and a half ago so as to create the thematic bridge.

Second that! Perisphere to Geosphere...very nice!

And I think the castle lights look pretty cool if you ask me!

WDWRLD

Im not saying that its that bad but rather its just not up to disneys usual styandards. Look at the extent they go to make things blend in. The lights to me are just sloppy looking.

CaptainMichael

You can't see the netting from an approriate distance...trust someone that has been there and who doesn't complain about everything, or at least wait to judge it for yourself, please.

CrashNet

Looks good. Can't wait to see it.

As for the lighting around SSE, the lights you saw out are the ones used for the other color schemes.

I noticed the nets (and random workers) as we dined on the Starlight Cafe terrace on Sunday, but I COMPLETELY forgot about the new holiday lighting scheme till I got home and found the latest Mouse Monitor in the mail.

JLW11Hi

Is there a way they could install a permanent set of lights on the Castle for Christmas that are hidden within the structure of the castle itself? Then they could use them whenever they need to without having to take them down/put them up each year.

Rob562

Is there a way they could install a permanent set of lights on the Castle for Christmas that are hidden within the structure of the castle itself? Then they could use them whenever they need to without having to take them down/put them up each year.

I think the only way that they could do that would be to embed either lights, LEDs or fiber optics in the surfaces of the castle itself. That'd be quite a large undertaking.

The assumption is that future installations will go faster, because part of the installation work this year includes the electrical wiring for the lights. I believe most of that is being permanently installed, so it'll be less things to put up next year.

Plus, doing something the second time is always faster than the first time, because you learn as you go.

-Rob

Kingdom WDW

The Castle did seem kinda fuzzy...

But the lighting for SSE seems so technical. How they make it scroll is beyond me. However, I am a big fan of it. Any idea on when they put it up?

Tiggerfanatic

I personally cannot wait to see them in December. And honestly, nothing could ever be as bad as the Pepto-Bismol pink cake travesty.....

Rob562

The Castle did seem kinda fuzzy...

But the lighting for SSE seems so technical. How they make it scroll is beyond me. However, I am a big fan of it. Any idea on when they put it up?

Which SSE lighting are you talking about? The image of the rotating globe and the Siemens logo? That's done using the laser all the way across the park at the American Adventure. It's a rather basic laser effect, too. (Well, except the full-color "Epcot" logo I saw in the 25th anniversary videos...)

At that point the regular SSE lighting is still turned off on that side of SSE. It doesn't come back on until after the laser effect is done. SSE's lighting is essentially just large banks of flood lights, each light with a different color. Then they fade from one color to another to create the different lighting schemes. (Well, at least the *used* to... We're hoping it returns to that now that the wand is gone)

-Rob

Spyne

Interesting seeing the large nets of lights on the castle. I guess you have to look really hard to see them in the daytime. I had to for a minute there at the first pic, but the other pics I obviously saw it better.

I'm really excited to see pics/videos of the lights lit up. It's going to be amazing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom