Ice Cream Question

scheat

Original Poster
Hey guys,
My wife and I were just discussing our upcoming trip and can not for the life of us come up with the name of the little ice cream shop on the right at the end of main street in MK. It's the one right on the corner with the sundaes that to us are the best in WDW. Someone please help us to put a name to this shop and also let us know if your opinion differs from ours that this is the best place for ice cream(other than a dole whip which we will also be trying for the first time this trip). Thanks so much.

rainfully

I'm pretty sure it's just called Main Street Ice Cream Parlor.

It's just regular old Edy's ice cream... but somehow they make it taste so good! :lol:

I had a friend who visited MK for the first time ever, and he said that was the best ice cream he's ever had in his life. He has brought that up to me several times in the year or so it's been since he's had it!

scheat

Original Poster
Thanks rainy! No wonder we couldn't come up with it since it's quite a generic name. We're from Texas-not sure if we get Edy's ice cream here, but I could just be having another almost 40 moment. I don't think I've heard of it, but it sure is good!

kcw

Thanks rainy! No wonder we couldn't come up with it since it's quite a generic name. We're from Texas-not sure if we get Edy's ice cream here, but I could just be having another almost 40 moment. I don't think I've heard of it, but it sure is good!

Edy's is also known as Dryers here on the west side :wave: It is really weird seeing the name Edy's by the logo normally associated with Dryers!

Oops: got beat to the punch!!

scheat

Original Poster
Wow, they must put a little magic in that Dreyers ice cream at MK. Of course, tomorrow after work I will have to head to the nearest HEB(grocery store here in San Antonio),bypass the Bluebell ice cream aisle for the first time, and grab a small container of Dreyers to take home for the wife and I to try. Somehow though, I know it won't be the same. Thanks for your help guys.

NiarrNDisney

The Ice Cream Shop you speak of is The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor hosted by "Edy's". For Another option I just Love the Pineapple floats from Aloha Isle hosted by "Dole" in Adventureland in MK, or go to Beaches and Cream Soda Shop in the Epcot Resort Area they have some of the best "sudaes" ever!:slurp:

drp4video

It is always our tradition to stop at the Ice Cream Shop at the end of the night when we are leaving the MK to get our ice cream!

Texas84

Wow, they must put a little magic in that Dreyers ice cream at MK. Of course, tomorrow after work I will have to head to the nearest HEB(grocery store here in San Antonio),bypass the Bluebell ice cream aisle for the first time, and grab a small container of Dreyers to take home for the wife and I to try. Somehow though, I know it won't be the same. Thanks for your help guys.
Bypass BlueBell?!? Blasphemy!!! :eek: :animwink:

DivineMadness7

All I know is that I am definitely trying the ice cream cookie sandwich when I go next month! Those things look fantastic! Sounds especially good if the cookies are still warm....oh man, why am I posting this before I've had dinner?! :brick:

Cosmo

I don't think that ice cream parlor is anything special. Fantasyland has better ice cream treats as does Tomorrowland.

I have to agree...Mrs. Pott's Cupboard is a MUST at every trip, no matter how hot, how cold, how rainy or how tired I am...I'm getting some of that sweet vanilla soft serve!!:slurp:

Woozle

I have to agree...Mrs. Pott's Cupboard is a MUST at every trip, no matter how hot, how cold, how rainy or how tired I am...I'm getting some of that sweet vanilla soft serve!!:slurp:

Mrs. Pott's Cupboard is backed by me. Go there every trip.

The snack bar at our local Target serves Edy's ice cream. It is verrrrry good. I didn't know about Plaza Ice Cream being sponsored by Edy's. That's good to know. Next time I go to Target I may get a scoop (or 2) and have a little piece of WDW.

bypass the Bluebell ice cream aisle for the first time

I am so jealous of you southerners. I am an icecream fanatic and we don't get Bluebell up here in the Northeast. Edy's is what is usually on sale and it doesn't even taste close to an icecream cone walking down Mainstreet USA. :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom