Ice Cream coming back to Boardwalk

correcaminos

I was just correcting spelling for the sake of discussion.

I'm sorry you apparently know the owners but wouldn't want them to have the success of a popular WDW offering.
I just was saying I hope not. They are local and not interesting to me because of that. Just like we skip Edy's because we get it at the store. Not sure what the latter part was referring to as I said nothing about success only that they are at home being from the area they were founded. Yes, I know the owner through multiple ways starting a long time ago. Though met Charly through fundraising. Quite generous with donations. Just not what I want to see personally.

UNCgolf

I just was saying I hope not. They are local and not interesting to me because of that. Just like we skip Edy's because we get it at the store. Not sure what the latter part was referring to as I said nothing about success only that they are at home being from the area they were founded. Yes, I know the owner through multiple ways starting a long time ago. Though met Charly through fundraising. Quite generous with donations. Just not what I want to see personally.

Yeah, there's a Jeni's about a mile from me and another a few doors down from a taco place I go to quite regularly. It's fine, but I haven't been blown away by it. Would certainly be preferable to something like Edy's, though.

But please fix the interior theming!

correcaminos

Yeah, there's a Jeni's about a mile from me and another a few doors down from a taco place I go to quite regularly. It's fine, but I haven't been blown away by it. Would certainly be preferable to something like Edy's, though.

But please fix the interior theming!
It's good - better than Edy's - but just not "special" to us. A few flavors are good to me, but just every day choice for us. Much like Graeter's to me. I wouldn't make a special stop for it either. I liked Ample Hills because it was better quality but not something I can get unless traveling for work or at Disney back then.

correcaminos

I think I’d rate Jeni’s a rank higher than Ample Hills on my personal scale (salt and straw being #1).
Again, not the point. Both are higher quality ice creams for sure, though I see them as equal, but there are like 5 Jeni's within a handful of miles from me. It's not special, nor is the other big local one (Graeters, which I like more than either personally). Zero AH unless I travel to NY for work. If Jeni's or Graeters (which I do love) came to Disney, I'd rarely to never visit. Nothing other than I can get it at home and easily too.

I've never had salt and straw so that might interest me.

UNCgolf

I wish they would knock down the wall between the bakery and ample hills and just expand the bakery, the BW deserves a better QS experience! At least they finally put a soft serve machine in there.

I would love if they did that and then really went all in on a re-theme to look like something that belonged in the early 20th century. Baked goods, candy, ice cream, floats, milkshakes, etc.

Which, by the way, is what they used to have (more or less) before they started changing things.

arich35

We just stayed there last week and I was so surprised they didn't have any ice cream there. I hope we can stay there again in the future, it was a lot of fun even though most of the stuff wasn't open.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I had thought just Edy’s but maybe Bob made a call. He’s interested in WDW this summer.

Unsure how to feel about Bob's WDW interest. Should we be terrified or joyful? 😄

But really, Bob's probably just looking to give us the bare beccessities. I like to picture him walking around with an assistant holding an abacus for Bob, whistling Bare Neccessities and
reflecting on line "wherever I roam
I couldn't be fonder of my big home" while
Bob looks under rocks and plants to take a glance at the fancy ants with disposable income. Every corner of the resort is ripe for new or improved revenue streams for the 50th!

It's interesting watching Disney trying to balance punting on this year's books vs. giving us only the bare neccessities to ward off satisfaction complaints. Likewise interesting moving slowly away from "don't spend your time lookin' around
for something you want that can't be found... when you find out you can live without it and go along not thinkin' about it..."

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
what’s reopened?

Espn? Flying fish? Bellevue?
The last couple months have seen the return of Three Rivers, Marvellous Joes, bicycle rentals, Wyland art gallery and extended venue hours for merch and food. There is a total uptick in energy compared to a few months ago. Would think the rest of the food places will open in July with the rest of the resort. Not sure the fate of Jelly Rolls, and won’t even bother to mention dance hall.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The last couple months have seen the return of Three Rivers, Marvellous Joes, bicycle rentals, Wyland art gallery and extended venue hours for merch and food. There is a total uptick in energy compared to a few months ago. Would think the rest of the food places will open in July with the rest of the resort. Not sure the fate of Jelly Rolls, and won’t even bother to mention dance hall.

i was ever just over a month ago.

big River had just reopened. You couldn’t book it due to limited capacity.

wayland was closed/wrecked. Ample hills obviously. No indication that flying fish or espn had any intention of reopening

the margarita stand reopened while we were there.

the grease truck was closed.

Obviously jelly rolls and dance hall shuttered.

They have along way to go there.

ToTBellHop

wayland was closed/wrecked. Ample hills obviously. No indication that flying fish or espn had any intention of reopening

I just want the outdoor entertainment acts back. They add a lot to the nighttime energy and those actors can easily tell people to keep space between groups.

TrainsOfDisney

I just want the outdoor entertainment acts back. They add a lot to the nighttime energy and those actors can easily tell people to keep space between groups.
Agreed. They could also have them do strolling sets instead of street shows if they were worried about a crowd building.

No I don’t book a WDW vacation just to get ample hills and see the jugglers on the boardwalk... but getting ample hills and roaming the boardwalk is always a great part of my wdw vacation. It’s all of the little experiences that add up!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Agreed. They could also have them do strolling sets instead of street shows if they were worried about a crowd building.

No I don’t book a WDW vacation just to get ample hills and see the jugglers on the boardwalk... but getting ample hills and roaming the boardwalk is always a great part of my wdw vacation. It’s all of the little experiences that add up!

I feel like that’s the last thing they’re spend a dime on...sadly

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree. They did bring the pianist back to the Grand so there is hope that some resort entertainment will come back.

Yeehaw Bob just said last night on his live stream that he hopes to return to Port Orleans when it reopens.
Slappy will gladly take him back...

..:as long as he volunteers, pays the $15 a night parking fee and signs a liability waiver/general release form 👍🏻

castlecake2.0

Original Poster

Wyland reopened last week. I didn’t say it was back to normal, but it’s looking more normal than a few months ago. Flying fish just brought back their leadership team this week. It’s getting there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom