Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Oh cool, sounds worth a visit!

So the right now the four discussed ideas for our new DCA land are:
  • Bountiful Valley Farm But Worse
  • San Francisco, DCA 1.0 Style
  • Superstar Limo Land
  • Wreck it Ralph Silicon Valley
Of these ideas, I’m most excited by either Bountiful Valley Farm or San Francisco (having personally experienced both in the last days ha ha). I’m less excited about Superstar Limo, not for anything negative about that idea, just less excited by it. That said, we could definitely do something awesome with Superstar Limo.

What does the rest of the team think? @b-wolf95 @JokersWild @ThemeParkPriest @Tegan pilots a chicken @Shannoninthemagic ?
San Fran DCA1.0 style has the most potential imo

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
So, I’ve done a lot of Marvel ideas in the last year already, but a Thor ride through Sakaar would be a ton of fun. Introducing the X-Men and/or Fantastic Four would be cool too. Perhaps a simulator for one of them to help save space?? Nightcrawler or Cable could teleport us through space or time. Or both. Could go to space and do cool stuff with Jean Grey as The Phoenix.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
San Fran could have a restaurant themed to Alcatraz, then we could feature Lombard Street, but instead of putting it in a ride or something, just make it part of the theming, maybe have little model cars travel down the road just to tease it more.

I actually always liked the Monorail across the Golden Gate Bridge, but considering the land is supposed to be intentionally bad, probably a good idea to just have the bridge be present but not used for anything. Wasted opportunity is the idea here I guess lol.

ThemeParkPriest

Okay we need to decide what we are doing.

In terms of the lemon land, San Francisco has 3 votes while Silicon Valley has 3 votes (Shannon didn’t have a preference, I couldn’t find a vote from Tiki). I’m willing to change my vote to San Fran now that we have got some other ideas rolling for it. So how about we go with San Francisco DCA 1.0 version?

For the MCU ride, Dr. Strange’s Mystic Manor has the most details so far. Tegan also came up with Thor in Sakaar, simulator for X-Men or Fantastic Four, and Jean Grey and the Phoenix (perhaps transported by Cable or Nightcrawler). For those interested in working on that land (@TheOriginalTiki @Tegan pilots a chicken ), please come to a decision.

Dining options there include Wong’s Tuna Melts and Dining Across the Multi-Verse.

TheOriginalTiki

Okay we need to decide what we are doing.

In terms of the lemon land, San Francisco has 3 votes while Silicon Valley has 3 votes (Shannon didn’t have a preference, I couldn’t find a vote from Tiki). I’m willing to change my vote to San Fran now that we have got some other ideas rolling for it. So how about we go with San Francisco DCA 1.0 version?

For the MCU ride, Dr. Strange’s Mystic Manor has the most details so far. Tegan also came up with Thor in Sakaar, simulator for X-Men or Fantastic Four, and Jean Grey and the Phoenix (perhaps transported by Cable or Nightcrawler). For those interested in working on that land (@TheOriginalTiki @Tegan pilots a chicken ), please come to a decision.

Dining options there include Wong’s Tuna Melts and Dining Across the Multi-Verse.
Sorry for being MIA. I'll beak the tie and throw the vote to San Francisco since Silicon Valley is pretty much represented by Avengers Campus as it is. For the MCU stuff I'm pretty heavily invested in Manor of the Multi-Verse and even have an idea of setting it in the Winchester Mystery House so conceptually I'm pretty far along with it. Just haven't had time to write my ideas out fully.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Sorry for being MIA. I'll beak the tie and throw the vote to San Francisco since Silicon Valley is pretty much represented by Avengers Campus as it is. For the MCU stuff I'm pretty heavily invested in Manor of the Multi-Verse and even have an idea of setting it in the Winchester Mystery House so conceptually I'm pretty far along with it. Just haven't had time to write my ideas out fully.
Since you basically have MotMV pretty much on lock, if you wanna take care of that ride, I can do a supplementary attraction. I’m leaning heavy into the X-Men. Maybe this is even the way they’re introduced to the MCU.

TheOriginalTiki

Since you basically have MotMV pretty much on lock, if you wanna take care of that ride, I can do a supplementary attraction. I’m leaning heavy into the X-Men. Maybe this is even the way they’re introduced to the MCU.
The general concept for my attraction is portals to different multi-verses popping up all over the mansion and a big part of that would be studio crossover that's now possible thanks to Fox. So yea, an X-Men attraction would fit perfectly to supplement that :) What'd you have in mind?

Outbound

Ideas for SF:

• Poorly-made 1906 Earthquake simulator (Usually I’d go for a more unique flagship attraction, like Alcatraz, the Trolley, or the Golden Gate Bridge… but this is meant to be bad)
• Horror maze where you must survive the streets of SF at night while dodging homeless (cast members who ask for your money)
• An attempt at an international dining area intended to foster diversity but ends up more like cultural appropriation
• Trolleys on a track, but they don’t move or anything, they’re stationary attractions
• Fishing on fisherman’s wharf. Yeah, who doesn’t want to spend your day in Disneyland fishing?
• Main dining option is the In N Out burger on Marina Blvd

TheOriginalTiki

Some general ideas I'm exploring
-Wanda as the villain
-Howard the Duck as a host of sorts
-room with Nic Cage Ghostrider fighting both Mahershala Ali and Wesley Snipes Blade
-SpiderVerse
-Marvel Zombies
-Dr. Strange and the TVA getting in each other's way.
-Venom and Carnage vs. multiple different multi-verse Spidermans as a grand finale

TheOriginalTiki

Ideas for SF:

• Poorly-made 1906 Earthquake simulator (Usually I’d go for a more unique flagship attraction, like Alcatraz, the Trolley, or the Golden Gate Bridge… but this is meant to be bad)
• Horror maze where you must survive the streets of SF at night while dodging homeless (cast members who ask for your money)
• An attempt at an international dining area intended to foster diversity but ends up more like cultural appropriation
• Trolleys on a track, but they don’t move or anything, they’re stationary attractions
• Fishing on fisherman’s wharf. Yeah, who doesn’t want to spend your day in Disneyland fishing?
I'd sign off on everything except the homeless stuff. I think it'd be way to easy to veer into "tasteless" territory there. It's definitely something I could see for a particularly mean-spirited HHN but it's not something I want to touch with Disney.

The "Chinatown" representation is literally just the Lucky Fortune Cookery changing locations.

JokersWild

Ideas for SF:

I think we need something more actively bad. Like a Lombard Street wild mouse, or something actively stupid like a Lombard Street Virginia Reel. Like Disney thought that this was going to be their big ticket seller so they dumped a bunch of money into making a Virginia Reel.

Trolley photo op is perfect.

Maybe a Disney sitcom counter service with the Full House house as the facade? I love the redundancy of an In-N-Out as well.

Brer Panther

Ideas for SF:

Love these ideas.
I think we need something more actively bad. Like a Lombard Street wild mouse, or something actively stupid like a Lombard Street Virginia Reel. Like Disney thought that this was going to be their big ticket seller so they dumped a bunch of money into making a Virginia Reel.

Trolley photo op is perfect.

Maybe a Disney sitcom counter service with the Full House house as the facade? I love the redundancy of an In-N-Out as well.
I was gonna suggest "Full House LIVE on Stage" or something, but a Disney sitcom counter service works too.

Outbound

I'd sign off on everything except the homeless stuff. I think it'd be way to easy to veer into "tasteless" territory there. It's definitely something I could see for a particularly mean-spirited HHN but it's not something I want to touch with Disney.

The "Chinatown" representation is literally just the Lucky Fortune Cookery changing locations.
That’s a good point. I’m trying to balance actively bad with still a Disney land, if I went too far my bad. San Francisco tbh would make for an awesome Disney land but all the ideas I have (Alcatraz / Inside Out / Appropriate Chinatown Area) are too “good” for a lemon round, if that makes sense? So we have to come up with intentionally bad ones that would make people ask “why would Disney do with that?!?” That said, if I offended anyone from the ideas above I apologize.

I love @JokersWild ‘s Lombard Street idea!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
The general concept for my attraction is portals to different multi-verses popping up all over the mansion and a big part of that would be studio crossover that's now possible thanks to Fox. So yea, an X-Men attraction would fit perfectly to supplement that :) What'd you have in mind?
Nice!!! That sounds amazing and there would be a good bit of synergy with the X-men showing up.

I’m thinking the queue takes guests through Xavier’s mansion before they board a sim for a Danger Room session. (A wrap around Soarin/Simpsons style dome screen would form the Danger Room). But then everything goes sideways and the adventure takes guests through time and to different places. Probably including Genosha, the Savage Lands, a timeline where the Sentinals exterminate the Mutants, and probably ending out in space, possibly on Asteroid M, before finally returning to a now destroyed Danger Room.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
D241777E-E6D6-418E-A35C-81D4D687C46D.png

9B7F0A30-969E-44D3-9C75-D2DAC23149AD.png

Like just imagine

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom