ICABW - The Hollywood Sequel - Team Brainstorming Thread

Outbound

Dude, legit how much longer are you going to be in the city? I can take the bus down and do a meet up with you tomorrow evening after work if you're so inclined. I've actually been thinking about taking a day-trip up there for a couple weeks now. I'm only like 45 minutes away.
Unfortunately I’m a bit busy moving into college this week, we drove up yesterday and the big move-in to Berkeley is tomorrow! I’ll probably remain busy for the first couple weeks, but maybe some time later we can meet up? You live around Discovery Kingdom, right? That should put us pretty close!

TheOriginalTiki

Unfortunately I’m a bit busy moving into college this week, we drove up yesterday and the big move-in to Berkeley is tomorrow! I’ll probably remain busy for the first couple weeks, but maybe some time later we can meet up? You live around Discovery Kingdom, right? That should put us pretty close!
Oh bro, a Discovery Kingdom meet-up HAS to happen in the near future. Maybe for Fright Fest perhaps? Definitely keep me posted on your availability.

ThemeParkPriest

Congrats! I was pretty close to going there. Pretty but hilly campus!

TheOriginalTiki

Lol you joke but after I read your trip report I thought “better stick to magic mountain” 🤣

But I might as well visit Discovery Kingdom at least once, I’m close and it can’t be THAT bad riiiight?
Honestly if we splurge on Fastlane it should be totally fine. I just usually don't because I'm like less than an hour away so can pretty much go there on a whim. Granted I'd definitely avoid Saturdays at all costs haha. That's what I get for thinking I could actually do something fun on the ONE day this month where I wasn't working or podcasting :p :p

Joker and Medusa are well worth the trip for the credits. Medusa in particular is a favorite of mine and easily the best B&M looper I've been on, thanks almost exclusively to the crazy first drop. One of the most satisfying "pit of your stomach" air time filled first drops I've ever been on all these years later. Granted I'm sure once I really get out there and explore all the east coast parks that are current blank spots on my resume that top tier slot will go down haha.

The park does have a super interesting history to it so visiting with me could definitely be a fun element for that alone. I'm fairly convinced I know more about the history of the place than most of the current staff. I've literally lived it haha.

Rushing to get to work, but I'll have some bullet-points for Manor of the Multi-Verse when I get home. In the meantime how are we all feeling about using SF as the California land? I know other ideas were tossed around so I just want to check in and make sure were all on the same page about it.

TheOriginalTiki

Also throwing out a "Dining Across the Multi-Verse" menu where comfort food items are done in radically different styles. Only flaw with this is that it's pretty close to Pym Kitchen's gimmick, but creative comfort food is my specialty in the dining department and given the ridiculous demand for Pym Kitchen the land could probably use another "creative comfort food" option just for the sake of spreading out the crowds.

Outbound

Honestly if we splurge on Fastlane it should be totally fine. I just usually don't because I'm like less than an hour away so can pretty much go there on a whim. Granted I'd definitely avoid Saturdays at all costs haha. That's what I get for thinking I could actually do something fun on the ONE day this month where I wasn't working or podcasting :p :p

Joker and Medusa are well worth the trip for the credits. Medusa in particular is a favorite of mine and easily the best B&M looper I've been on, thanks almost exclusively to the crazy first drop. One of the most satisfying "pit of your stomach" air time filled first drops I've ever been on all these years later. Granted I'm sure once I really get out there and explore all the east coast parks that are current blank spots on my resume that top tier slot will go down haha.

The park does have a super interesting history to it so visiting with me could definitely be a fun element for that alone. I'm fairly convinced I know more about the history of the place than most of the current staff. I've literally lived it haha.

Rushing to get to work, but I'll have some bullet-points for Manor of the Multi-Verse when I get home. In the meantime how are we all feeling about using SF as the California land? I know other ideas were tossed around so I just want to check in and make sure were all on the same page about it.
Oh cool, sounds worth a visit!

So the right now the four discussed ideas for our new DCA land are:
  • Bountiful Valley Farm But Worse
  • San Francisco, DCA 1.0 Style
  • Superstar Limo Land
  • Wreck it Ralph Silicon Valley
Of these ideas, I’m most excited by either Bountiful Valley Farm or San Francisco (having personally experienced both in the last days ha ha). I’m less excited about Superstar Limo, not for anything negative about that idea, just less excited by it. That said, we could definitely do something awesome with Superstar Limo.

What does the rest of the team think? @b-wolf95 @JokersWild @ThemeParkPriest @Tegan pilots a chicken @Shannoninthemagic ?

Last edited:

ThemeParkPriest

Oh cool, sounds worth a visit!

So the right now the three discussed ideas for our new DCA land are:
  • Bountiful Valley Farm But Worse
  • San Francisco, DCA 1.0 Style
  • Superstar Limo Land
Of these ideas, I’m most excited by either Bountiful Valley Farm or San Francisco (having personally experienced both in the last days ha ha). I’m less excited about Superstar Limo, not for anything negative about that idea, just less excited by it. That said, we could definitely do something awesome with Superstar Limo.

What does the rest of the team think? @b-wolf95 @JokersWild @ThemeParkPriest @Tegan pilots a chicken @Shannoninthemagic ?
Jokers and I also suggested a Wreck it Ralph Silicon Valley Wasteland. I would say I’m most interested in that; otherwise Bountiful Farms.

ThemeParkPriest

I’m guessing we will have some who are more interested in the Marvel expansion and others more interested in the new Lemon land, so we could probably divide ourselves that way. I’d be more into helping with the lemon land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom