ICABW - The Hollywood Sequel - Team Brainstorming Thread

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Chapter 2: Project 4
With Guest Judge @D Hulk

“Welcome back!” says Chapek as he shows us into a conference room.

“Now here’s your next assignment,” Chapek explains, pulling up a Microsoft Office 2008 PowerPoint presentation for visuals.

PowerPoint.jpg

“So as you know, we recently opened Avengers Campus in California Adventure. Well, now all of our superhero meet and greets that were filling up Hollywood Land are at the Campus, and Hollywood Land is looking a little empty. I’ve discussed things with the board, and we’re opting to completely replace Hollywood Land.”

“Sounds too good to be true,” murmured @D Hulk.

“Are there any limitations or restrictions?” asked @Shannoninthemagic, speaking for the group.

“What? Of course not! You just need to design an Avengers Campus expansion and a California-themed land incorporating lots of merchandise and stuff! Nothing to worry about!”

The Hollywood Sequel
With Guest Judge @D Hulk

For this assignment, your team will have to design both a brand new land and a small expansion to Avengers Campus. These newly renovated areas will replace Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure.

The Avengers Campus expansion must include one E-Ticket attraction and one sit-down dining establishment.

The other land must, in the spirit of the original DCA, celebrate an idealized California. This land should be a smaller-scale land, and should be accessible from the end of Buena Vista Street.

IMPORTANT: ONLY PART of this round is a Lemon Round. The Avengers Campus expansion should be a regular land expansion, and the new California-themed land should be cringe-worthy.

DEADLINE:​

This project is due by Wednesday, August 18th at 11:59 PM EST.

TIPS:​

• While you're limited to a specific theme for the Avengers Campus expansion, you have zero limitations on the other land! Be creative and cringey!​
  • Be sure to think about sight lines and guest flow! Layout will be critical for this Campus expansion, due to the space you have.​
  • Have fun with it! This is the last round of Chapter 2, and for some players, this may be the last round of ICABW. Make it a good one!​

Last edited:

Outbound

Bring back the Bountiful Farm! /s

Avengers Campus is packed with possibilities. My mind’s immediately drawn to a Loki / TVA attraction, largely for recency bias, but also something more “magical” could work well compared to the more techy Spider Man and Guardians.

Outbound

...I know this is a lemon round and all, but I am legally required to say
Michael Scott No GIF
Yea I’m also inclined to avoid Superstar Limo, despite the meme potential it’s been done a lot for joke projects. Still if we go all out with this, I’m sure we could make something awesome!

Driving along the absolutely barren I-5 between LA and SF right now, I think the San Joaquin valley would be a fun area to work in. When I say barren jeez it’s just rolling hills of dried yellow grass and random farms for four hours straight. No mountains, no settlements. Not exactly what you think of when you picture “California”, but it plays an integral role in the states’ economy.

We could play on this by making the driest and most boring land ever, in true Bountiful Valley Farm fashion. A “walkthrough” of tomatoes being farmed. A “street show” of watching someone fix a tractor’s broken wheel.

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Yea I’m also inclined to avoid Superstar Limo, despite the meme potential it’s been done a lot for joke projects. Still if we go all out with this, I’m sure we could make something awesome!

Driving along the absolutely barren I-5 between LA and SF right now, I think the San Joaquin valley would be a fun area to work in. When I say barren jeez it’s just rolling hills of dried yellow grass and random farms for four hours straight. No mountains, no settlements. Not exactly what you think of when you picture “California”, but it plays an integral role in the states’ economy.

We could play on this by making the driest and most boring land ever, in true Bountiful Valley Farm fashion. A “walkthrough” of tomatoes being farmed. A “street show” of watching someone fix a tractor’s broken wheel.
I’m crying tears of happiness this is a fantastic idea. 🤣🤣🤣

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
There should be Deadpool road trip adventure dark ride called Deadpool and Cable's Road Trip take a road trip in USA and Canada with Deadpool and Cable as wacky comedy adventure to prank the Avengers such as Spider-Man, Iron Man, Hulk, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Captain America and other superheroes. As Deadpool have to visit to see X-Men heroes as in they are in Canada as there will be many gags, funny scenes with Deadpool and Cable.

JokersWild

OK.

In terms of the new DCA land, I think we should lean into how pointless the park is in the first place. While I like the idea of that land having nothing to do, personally I'd like to see experiences that can already be found elsewhere in California - stuff that people probably already have on their vacation itineraries. Maybe a literal In-N-Out Burger as a counter service, or something stupid like that. Another thing, with this being a lemon round, is that we should probably work in some unfitting IP. Maybe we could do something more Mexican-themed, but have it hosted by any IP that isn't Coco. I dunno.

For Marvel, I don't want to go quite so far as to theme it entirely to Loki ( I think it's a bit too obvious,) but I'd love to focus on the multiverse. Or even one of the alien characters. Thor and Asgard could be a cool pull for this miniland. Or, if we want to go full multiverse, we could go with Doctor Strange. There's already a Doctor Strange show that could set up our expansion.

TheOriginalTiki

d3f6f5536eb84265420e5efcc0ae1624d7cca447.gif

Work was crazy yesterday, but I'm back and ready to brainstorm! This is a super fun round with a ton of potential. Based on the geography at play I'm going to assume the California themed land is replacing Hollywoodland? That gives us a really significant chunk of real estate to work with. My initial pitch would be San Francisco, but just a really poorly executed San Francisco that very much calls to mind DCA 1.0 and violently clashes with Buena Vista Street and the rest of the 2.0 stuff causing massive tonal issues for the park that some say are even worse than when it was just consistently cheesy.

Working pretty high concept with that one. Other than that I honestly think Bountiful Valley Farm is THE meme of DCA 1.0 that gets kind of buried but I think is just as funny as Superstar Limo. We could do a full blown TRACTOR E-Ticket and have it be super underwhelming haha. If we want to go a creative direction I'd say San Francisco would be a solid choice. If we want to go the homage/parody direction we could do a lot with the Farms.

Marvel is pretty much limitless possibilities, but my initial reaction is to do the obvious thing that I think the land and the park as a whole NEEDS right now, way more than the rumored Avengers coaster...Dr. Strange Mystic Manor.

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Based on the geography at play I'm going to assume the California themed land is replacing Hollywoodland?
I don’t know if I mentioned it clearly in the prompt, but yes. You should end up replacing all of Hollywoodland with this project. You can split the area up into the Campus expansion and the new land, or you can fill it with the new land and put the Campus expansion somewhere else. The choice is yours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom