I wish WDW'S Haunted Mansion had this...

1stStarIC2nite

Original Poster
In addition to the floating Madame Leota effect and potrait effect in the gallery, Disneyland's Haunted Mansion just unveiled some new surprises yesterday... I think they are so freaking awesome... I wish our HM could receive some TLC and updates as well.. anyway.. check out the video on this page..

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21230&page=46

scroll down to about post number #1140

:wave:

(pictures are a few pages before it)

AliciaLuvzDizne

I was just there this weekend...none of the effects were working. I thought it was a little quiet up there. The pictures didnt change and there was no projection on the bride :(

watching the videos, I'm disapointed that I missed it :(

Salty-

While I agree that the MK's Haunted Mansion would benefit from an attic scene upgrade, I'd personally like to see a Space Mountain upgrade first.

MK's HM is still comparable with Disneyland's HM in terms of quality; even with the new attic upgrade to DLR's HM.

That said, I like this type of upgrade. The original concept of the attic is not really destroyed (spooky bride surrounded by ex-husbands) but keeps the same (well, nearly) concept and brings fresh technology to the ride.

Initial impressions already are using terms like (magic, how'd they do that, etc).

The attraction wasn't gutted or replaced, but brought into the 21st century whilst still keeping the "Disney Magic". I'd love to see the other upgrades that have been rumored such as Leota's seance room and the Hitchhiking Ghosts finale upgrades.

I'd like to see Disney continue this route - updating technology in attractions that are getting dated instead of gutting the attraction. My mind salivates as to what could have happened if Journey into Imagaination kept the same storyline, etc but brought some wild technology to the attraction. Horizions too.

All in all, I feel this is the right direction that Disney needs to travel.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Perhaps they`ll do a gradual, phased upgrade like at DLC for the new effects, and close once for the major maintainence rehab. After all, HMH gives Anaheim a twice yearly block to keep things well `dusted`.

disneywy

I haven't gone down to see the new bride in person, but it definately looks cool. When I rode last week, everything was still covered with sheets and there was a screen in front of the new bride (the new bride is now in the opposite side). It was kind of errie and spooky in there because it was quiet and felt wierd not to have things jumping out at you.

Supposedly, this is just the start of some other new effects that will be put in as well. The rumors are that in the room with Madame Leota, the dead husbands are suppose to appear and float above somehow. The other rumor is that the hitchhiking ghosts that join you in your doombuggie will get an upgrade. It will use the same technology as the mirror effect in DCA's TOT and the ghosts will be able to follow your movement and even place their hat on your head. I'm not sure how true all of this is, but the first round of the rumored changes have occured, so would guess that these are possible.

disneydata

HM is slater for a major refurb sometime after the riverboat comes back up. It will most likely get this effect. JC was supposed to be first, but HM was brought in front of it. I guess it needs it more ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom