I wish WDW'S Haunted Mansion had this...

T-1MILLION

Did you by any chance get that video from a link posted on doombugies.com? haha Because I just posted that same vid clip on there earlier there today from youtube. That is cool that you did either way.:lol: :D

I personally do not like the new storyline they have put in at Disneyland It focuses on the bride as an axe murderer who kills each husband for more money. I do not like the focus on one ghost throught the whole ride. Originaly the bride has a beating heart as if she was hurt by whoever the owner or her husband was. I just feel that it changes the mood of the attraction which was meant to be errie but very humerous. I think this is too confusing to add more level to one side of it. The story is supposed to be a tour of a retirement home for spooks and new ghosts. Not a specific storlined attraction. Well maybe I am being too harsh but I have strong opinions here. Sorry. :wave:

-{Preston

ToTBellHop

T-1MILLION said:
Did you by any chance get that video from a link posted on doombugies.com? haha Because I just posted that same vid clip on there earlier there today from youtube. That is cool that you did either way.:lol: :D

I personally do not like the new storyline they have put in at Disneyland It focuses on the bride as an axe murderer who kills each husband for more money. I do not like the focus on one ghost throught the whole ride. Originaly the bride has a beating heart as if she was hurt by whoever the owner or her husband was. I just feel that it changes the mood of the attraction which was meant to be errie but very humerous. I think this is too confusing to add more level to one side of it. The story is supposed to be a tour of a retirement home for spooks and new ghosts. Not a specific storlined attraction. Well maybe I am being too harsh but I have strong opinions here. Sorry. :wave:

-{Preston
Phantom Manor has a story and is viewed by many as the best Haunted Mansion. Having a central story is what makes Disney rides so amazing, and it's something the HM has been lacking since it opened (its one and only fault in my mind). It's still a retirement home for the dead, it just happens to have one ghost who is not very nice.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that these changes are coming soon--we should have them all in place by summer 2007 :-D

And I hadn't noticed that the axe disappears and reappears...too cool.

Epcot82Guy

ISTCNavigator57 said:
Phantom Manor has a story and is viewed by many as the best Haunted Mansion. Having a central story is what makes Disney rides so amazing, and it's something the HM has been lacking since it opened (its one and only fault in my mind). It's still a retirement home for the dead, it just happens to have one ghost who is not very nice.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that these changes are coming soon--we should have them all in place by summer 2007 :-D

And I hadn't noticed that the axe disappears and reappears...too cool.

Interesting. I have the exact oppostie view. Why Mansion and Pirates work so well is that they do not have an explicit story. The spoon-fed stories in more recent attractions are the one thing that ruins them in my mind. different strokes, I guess.

I do like the effects over all. I hope they don't try to make a back story but rather just work these in as more "scenes," though.

ToTBellHop

Epcot82Guy said:
Interesting. I have the exact oppostie view. Why Mansion and Pirates work so well is that they do not have an explicit story. The spoon-fed stories in more recent attractions are the one thing that ruins them in my mind. different strokes, I guess.

I do like the effects over all. I hope they don't try to make a back story but rather just work these in as more "scenes," though.
So do you not like the Tower of Terror then (not saying everyone has to like it of course). It has a very explicit story and it's my favorite ride ever.

jmvd20

That looked great in the video, can't even imagaine how neat that would be in person. Hope WDW HM is updated with these new effects in the next few years. It would be worth it going down for a while to do this IMO.

Epcot82Guy

ISTCNavigator57 said:
So do you not like the Tower of Terror then (not saying everyone has to like it of course). It has a very explicit story and it's my favorite ride ever.

I love the ride ToT, but I would agree that the story could be less explicit. I like to make up the story myself off the details presented (like the Mansion stories available on-line, even though none are "true"). Now I also think that the ride rides are different than the omni-movers where the show is the ride. There isn't as much time to see detail on the back story, so you have to sacrifice it a bit. I guess, though, an explicit story reduces the re-ridability for me. I don't want the themeing to be reduced in any way. I would just rather it be more subtle and make you put the pieces together. THat way you are involved and have your own version of what it all means.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
As a self-proclaimed "diehard" Haunted Mansion fan, I applaud the changes and look forward to them arriving in Florida soon.

bassman

these sound too cool,i really do hope that our HM gets the upgraded hitchhicking ghosts, they sound awesome!.and the story of the bride sound cool too,aw hell they all sound cool,as far as im concerned BRING ON THE NEW STUFF!! NOW!!!!!!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom