Trip Report I Wanna Stuff Some Chocolate in My Face!

First and foremost, I want to thank Disney for a character I really relate to. Regardless of the fact that I don't love Frozen, Anna is a blessing. Trust me when I tell you I've tried my best to imitate Julie Andrews.
Princess-Diaries-queen-quote.png

But unfortunately, I just can't be her. So it was nice when a princess came around that I could relate to. Anna is clumsy, silly, and frankly a bit weird... but that's what makes her great. I love that she's not perfect.
c9fda81266e335f11768b0c3acd47a11--first-disney-princess-disney-frozen.jpg

So anyway... I leave for Disney in two days. I cannot. wait. My goal is to post a few things while I'm there -pictures, small blurbs, etc.

This forum helped me a lot when I was counting down the days until I left. Hopefully I can help somebody else in return.

IAmMoana

Original Poster
October 28th (cont)
Animal Kingdom is my favorite park. I love being able to walk around and not really feel like you're in an amusement park. Kind of lose yourself for a while. Not to mention their focus on sustainability. I think the other three parks should move in the same direction. Did you know America alone uses about 5 million plastic straws each day? And most of them end up in the ocean. But I digress..
We step off the bus and take in all the sights and sounds. Animal Kingdom. We were finally here. On our way in, we swing by a photopass photographer. We split memory maker and decided we were going to make the most of it this trip.
AK_BRDGTOP_20171028_405865659409.jpg
AK_BRDGTOP_20171028_405865659412.jpg
AK_BRDGTOP_20171028_405865659428.jpg

The tree of life.. that beautiful, wonderful fake tree.. hello!
DSC00356.jpg

Skirting around it, we headed over for lunch. That crappy airport breakfast was a thought of the past. It was time for some real food. Flame Tree BBQ! C and I split the combo, M and K did the same. Then we got a side of onion rings to share along with the first alcoholic beverage of the trip -vodka orange lemonade.
IMG_20171028_121517.jpg

Delicious. And plenty of food to share.

Attachments

• DSC00358.jpg
    DSC00358.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 27

IAmMoana

Original Poster
October 28th
After that, we headed over to our fast pass for Dinosaur. I remember loving this ride when I was a kid. It was a little upsetting to see how much less scary they made the Carnotaurus at the end. I was expecting C to be in for a real shock. But it's not even slightly frightening anymore.. I guess they're trying to be more family-friendly.
AK_DINOSAURRIDE_20171028_8117353610.jpg

After Dinosaur, we saw that we didn't have much time before our Everest fastpass window was open. So we headed towards Kali to kill some time. But first a photopass.
AK_EVRST4_20171028_405868021100.jpg
DSC00374.jpg

I thought I remembered this ride having a pouch in the middle for bags. I also remembered not really getting wet. I was apparently wrong on both counts. Luckily my camera and our electronic were safe and it was warm out; no damage done.

IAmMoana

Original Poster
October 28th
Slightly wet, some more than others, we made our way to the Jungle Trek trails. We honestly didn't have a ton of luck with animals either of our animal kingdom days. Our timing was just a bit off.
DSC00376.jpg

Very regal.
DSC00380.jpg
DSC00381.jpg
DSC00382.jpg
DSC00387.jpg
DSC00389.jpg
I asked C to hold my camera for two seconds. And he gives me this gem. Well. Don't take pictures on other people's camera's that you don't want the whole world to see. Apparently his friends from work got a hold of it and now have several memes based off it. Totally not sorry.

Attachments

• DSC00385.jpg
    DSC00385.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 23

IAmMoana

Original Poster
October 28th
After the trek, we did Everest. As one of my favorites, I was excited for C to experience it since he hasn't been to WDW in years. It was pretty fun experiencing things with him since he either didn't do them or didn't remember doing them when he was younger.
DSC00390.jpg

Once we hit up the dance party with the yeti, we went in search of something M saw on the internet. And the internet did not fail us. Coconut rum dole whip. Delicious. Just make sure you mix it or you'll get straight rum at the bottom.
IMG_20171028_145219.jpg

After that, we went to one of my favorites. I requested this knowing it might be ending soon: Flights of Wonder. I have a weird relationship with birds. They terrify me. Like if a pigeon is coming near me when I have food, I can't handle it and start to panic. But I always go out of my way to see shows like this. Because they fascinate me at the same time.
DSC00402~3.jpg

There was a bit of a dodgy moment during the show where the owl would not fly to the stage. You know the time. It was when the bird was supposed to swoop down to the stage over the heads of the people with cameras. He was staring intently into the woods there for about 5 minutes straight. They tried everything from trying to break the owl's concentration to physically picking him up and turning him around. Eventually he found his way to the stage. But it took some time.

Attachments

• DSC00392.jpg
    DSC00392.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 23

IAmMoana

Original Poster
October 28th
We had some time to kill after the show and before our dinner reservation so we took a quick detour to the tree of life to see It's Tough to Be a Bug. But first, a photopass..
AK_TRPLAZARIGHT_20171028_405873104648.jpg
DSC00403.jpg

There was a summer where ITtBaB was all my little brother wanted to do. Let me tell you: it gets pretty old pretty fast. But it was nice to see again since it was down for our last trip.
After the show, we headed to our dinner reservation. Rainforest Cafe was somewhat of a tradition in both mine and K's families. I remember going there often as a kid -but only to the one in Disney. C had never been. So when we were making our restaurant decisions, we picked there purely for nostalgic reasons. We weren't expecting the food to be great. But honestly, it was alright.. We were surprised at how much we really did enjoy this meal.
IMG_20171028_170057.jpg

C with his dragonberry mule.
IMG_20171028_172504.jpg

C's blue mountain chicken sandwich.
IMG_20171028_172508.jpg

My Caesar salad. I also got a side of fries.
I think K got the ribs, steak, and shrimp trio and M got the steak and shrimp since they were on the dining plan. Both of them really enjoyed their meal.

IAmMoana

Original Poster
A bit of info on the dining plan:
C and I were also on the dining plan -but not for all of our stay. We ended up doing a split stay so we could take advantage of the 20% off room discount. So we had 2 nights (sat & sun) without the dining plan or 20% discount. The rest of our stay had both. I didn't add the dining plan for the first few days of our stay since we didn't have any expensive dining options. So. One of the things I'd like to cover for the later days is how cost effective the dining plan actually was.

IAmMoana

Original Poster
October 28th
After our dinner, it was finally time to head into Pandora. We had waited this long. But it was finally time..
DSC00412.jpg
DSC00413.jpg
DSC00415.jpg

Unfortunately, it was pretty dreary that first night. So my pictures didn't really turn out.
After spending some time walking around, we headed to our last fast pass of the day -Navi River Journey.
DSC00433.jpg
DSC00437.jpg
DSC00440.jpg
DSC00441.jpg
DSC00442.jpg

Yes -this ride was short. But the colors, the sounds, the shaman were amazing. It was pretty magical.

Attachments

• DSC00408.jpg
    DSC00408.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 20

IAmMoana

Original Poster
October 28
After our ride, we walked around and explored a bit more at night.
DSC00452.jpg
DSC00455.jpg
DSC00453.jpg
DSC00456.jpg
DSC00462.jpg
DSC00464.jpg

In the store, I bought a pandora puzzle. I'm a huge puzzle person. I used to do them with my grandmother very often. I probably buy at least 5 or six new puzzles every year. When I was in the store in Pandora and saw these puzzles, I was struck with the idea that I had to have a puzzle from each park. I could even frame them and hang them together some day. Unfortunately, neither Hollywood Studios nor Epcot sell puzzles. I have a Star Wars puzzle I could easily use for Hollywood Studios... but what am I to do for Epcot?? I'm currently toying with the idea of just making one online, but the quality isn't always great there. Super disappointed.
Anyway. After exploring, we were getting pretty tired and it was raining a little. We stayed long enough to watch a tree of life awakening and started making our way to the front of the park. The original plan was originally to hop over to MK and watch HEA, but we were thinking they might cancel them with the weather conditions. So we decided to go see Yehaa Bob instead at 10:30. We got back, showered, aaaaannndd.. fell asleep immediately. I'm slightly upset we didn't get to see Yehaa Bob, but not upset we got the extra sleep. Especially with the long day we were heading for next.

Saturday wrap-up
Steps: 16,930
My favorite ride: Na'vi River Journey
C's favorite ride: Na'vi River Journey
Best meal: Flame Tree BBQ

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom