Trip Report I Wanna Stuff Some Chocolate in My Face!

First and foremost, I want to thank Disney for a character I really relate to. Regardless of the fact that I don't love Frozen, Anna is a blessing. Trust me when I tell you I've tried my best to imitate Julie Andrews.
Princess-Diaries-queen-quote.png

But unfortunately, I just can't be her. So it was nice when a princess came around that I could relate to. Anna is clumsy, silly, and frankly a bit weird... but that's what makes her great. I love that she's not perfect.
c9fda81266e335f11768b0c3acd47a11--first-disney-princess-disney-frozen.jpg

So anyway... I leave for Disney in two days. I cannot. wait. My goal is to post a few things while I'm there -pictures, small blurbs, etc.

This forum helped me a lot when I was counting down the days until I left. Hopefully I can help somebody else in return.

IAmMoana

Original Poster
K is for Kyle & Kona Cafe
Kyle has been looking forward to the Tonga Toast for months now. He was planning on going with or without us.. so we decided we'd tag along. C had the Tonga Toast while I had the Loco Moco. We also split a mimosa flight with orange, pineapple, and liliko'i juice.
IMG_20171101_083904.jpg
IMG_20171101_083900.jpg
IMG_20171101_084420.jpg

IAmMoana

Original Poster

IAmMoana

Original Poster
Everyone in the group got the dark mark??!!??

For the win!!!

Max
My friend surprised us with a set of temporary tattoos and we thought the opportunity was too awesome to pass up!

A Disney engagement! :inlove: What a beautiful surprise. So happy for the both of you, and congratulations!
It was awesome. There's nothing better than your two best friends deciding to spend the rest of their lives together.

Aww what a sweet moment you captured for your friends! Sounds like it's been a wonderful trip so far. Looking forward to more!
It's been awesome. I'm glad he proposed so early in the trip. It would have been nerve-racking the whole time otherwise!

That looks sooo yummy! How was the mimosa flight?
It was delicious. It's pretty neat to try the different types since I've only ever had it with orange juice.

gdisneyfans

Loving your report and photos so far! Congrats to your friends and their engagement!!

Totally drooling here with all of those food photos too:hungry:

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

IAmMoana

Original Poster
Well. This got a bit past me. I thought I would be able to handle it, but was not up for the challenge of a live trip report. I'll start back at the beginning and fill in some gaps...

October 28th
Let me actually start on the 27th... I left work a bit early so I could swing by my apartment before going to my parent's. I needed to gather all of my cat's worldly possessions so I was confident they would survive at my parent's house for the week. Now for the most part, cats are super low maintenance and I love that. But I felt like I was packing for a toddler!
IMG_20171107_072317.jpg

My boys :inlove:
Anyway. Cats in tow, I drove over to my parents (with a lot of crying from the back seat). We had decided to spend the night there since they're about 30 minutes closer to the Philly airport. Unfortunately, that meant being locked in a room with these guys overnight. To say we had a bad night of sleep is an understatement. Chappie (black and white; named after Charlie Chaplin) is a bad traveler and tends to get nervous in new environments. That entire night, he would not leave me alone. So when the alarm went off at 3:30, we were not ready to open our eyes. But, alas, we had a mouse to meet.:D

IAmMoana

Original Poster
October 28th (cont.)
We got to the airport around 5 for our 6:30 flight, checked our bags, and got in line at security. I went through, C went through, M went through aaanndd.. K was stopped (this will be the first of many times this happens during the trip). For some reason, people love to pick on K. I guess he has one of those faces. The issue ended up being that he had a bundle of charging cables that were looking fishy on the xray. It was a nerve-racking couple of minutes because the engagement ring was in the bag that the security guy was coming through. He non-verbally communicated this to me and I tried to distract M. He was able to tell the TSA guy that it was in there so he didn't remove it and we eventually got everything squared away. :cautious: Dodged a bullet there.
We found our gate, grabbed some McDonalds for breakfast, and boarded our plane. That trip was fairly uneventful with the exception of the crying baby.
DSC00336 (1).jpg
K modelling M's ears
Snapchat-1764584007.jpg

We were off the plane by 9:05 and on our way to baggage claim.
DSC00339.jpg
DSC00337.jpg

The first of many unflattering pictures of C. :D

IAmMoana

Original Poster
October 28th (cont.)
After we got our bags, we headed over to the Magical Express area. This has been redone since the last time I was there. I kind of prefer the old way better. I'm a line person. I like order. There was just a mob of people at the front and that always makes me a bit antsy. We were alright once we got past the scanners and we hopped aboard the bus. It was a little disappointing how low the volume was on the bus. No video for us I guess. After a brief stop at French Quarter, we were at our Resort! I love the colors of Riverside. All was bright and sunny. We left our bags at the front and walked across the way to grab a bus to Animal Kingdom!
Snapchat-691550540.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom