I think Yak and Yeti is a GREAT Restaurant, what do you all think?

Weather_Lady

Some seats at Yak & Yeti are better than others (and some entrees as well), but I agree that it's a great place to eat. We've had experiences ranging from "pretty good" to "outstanding" there, but never a bad one, and Yak & Yeti is one of the very few restaurants at WDW that has persistently remained on the must-do list throughout my family's 10+ years of visits.

It helps that it's a Landry's restaurant and not a Disney-owned one, as the non-Disney-owned places tend to have more expansive and interesting menus (Yak & Yeti has over 20 entrees, plus small plates, etc.) that don't change significantly over time, in contrast to the usual Disney TS with 6 or 7 entrees that get switched up or downgraded on a regular basis. We're also Landry's Select Club members, which means we can rely on priority seating to dine at Yak & Yeti even if we don't have a reservation, which makes our days at AK way more flexible and stress-free.

We've not been to Boma, but I'd recommend Tiffins if you get the chance. The octopus appetizer there remains the best thing I've ever tasted at Disney World, at any restaurant.

Last edited:

StantonZ

Ummm...no. We have dined there a couple of times now (trying a couple of different things) and it just isn't that good. Definitely other places I'd rather eat in AK (and that's not saying a whole lot).

The Colonel

One of the best desserts in WDW. Fried Wanton Cheesecake with Ice Cream. Sometimes I sit at the bar and just order that.

Capture.JPG

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
If you are not a fan of Asian or Asian fusion dishes, it's not a place you'd be happy eating at. Personally, both my wife and I are so we enjoy ourselves with that and other Landry's restaurants such as Salt Grass or Mortons. We eat at Yak regularly and enjoy it more than the strangeness that is Tiffin's.

JIMINYCR

We always plan on booking it for one or two dinners during our WDW trips. Weve never had a bad meal or bad service in all the times weve dined there. Weve been seated on both levels, but prefer the upper level tables. Meals are tasty and plentiful and cant go wrong with the Mango Key Lime cheesecake.

monorail81

After hearing how great it was for YEARS, we finally tried it a few months ago and were very disappointed after all the hype. We got stuck sitting in the room by the bar and it was loud. The food was just mediocre. The sauces tasted very bottled and not fresh. Great server, but the rest of it was not worth me giving it a second shot. I can get much better food elsewhere that tastes less bottled.

JIMINYCR

We found this gem a few years ago, and now book 2 dinners there every trip. The food was always great and we like the atmosphere.
As I said in my post, we dine there two times in a trip. Last year we just happened to get the same server despite being seated in different areas of the restaurant and a week apart. Our server came up to get our order and hesitated a second, thinking of how she knew us. Figuring out that she had taken care of us a week ago, she said she must have made a great impression on us, or the food is great. We said its because of both. She ended up comping us a dessert.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Used to be a favorite. Last time was just OK. Also depends where you get sat.

And who’s cooking. And wether the food sits under the heat lamp if you get a server or runner who is in the weeds.

My biggest pet peeve with a lot of Disney restaurants is when I find something I really like. It’s no longer on the menu 6 months down the line. Used to be a good Mongolian Beef dish at Y&Y. I also loved the Beefy Murray at Raglan.

Raxel7851

And who’s cooking. And wether the food sits under the heat lamp if you get a server or runner who is in the weeds.

My biggest pet peeve with a lot of Disney restaurants is when I find something I really like. It’s no longer on the menu 6 months down the line. Used to be a good Mongolian Beef dish at Y&Y. I also loved the Beefy Murray at Raglan.
That’s one reason why we don’t do the Plaza any longer. The menu changed and our favorites were no longer available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom