I think Yak and Yeti is a GREAT Restaurant, what do you all think?

Corylancaster

We ate at Y&Y for the first time on our trip last spring. I loved it, but my wife didn't care for it. She was about 6 months pregnant at the time, so not sure if that effected anything for her or not. But she also isn't a huge fan of a local Himalayan restaraunt we have that is also, oddly enough, named Yak and Yeti...

Figgy1

Premium Member
Crazy.... It was the only place I couldn't get res for an 8 day stay with having 16 sit-down meals between lunch and dinner...
Call directly as they don't release all their reservations to Disney's system or get a Landry's card for no ADR required seating. Cost of card $25 and you get a $25 credit to use on your first meal

jaklgreen

It's not uncommon for people to get eggs and dairy mixed up.
I worked in food for 30 years and I have never had anyone say that they thought eggs were dairy. They think mayonnaise is but that is because they have no idea how mayo is made. Once I would explain what is in mayo, (eggs) they say "OK", that they can have that.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I worked in food for 30 years and I have never had anyone say that they thought eggs were dairy. They think mayonnaise is but that is because they have no idea how mayo is made. Once I would explain what is in mayo, (eggs) they say "OK", that they can have that.
I believe the main contribution to any confusion is that (at least in my experience) grocery stores sell eggs in or very near the dairy section. That, and the prevalence of processed and fast foods in today's diets.

BWW

Ummm...no. We have dined there a couple of times now (trying a couple of different things) and it just isn't that good. Definitely other places I'd rather eat in AK (and that's not saying a whole lot).
Thanks for the honest assessment. I'm planning a trip for 2024 and am considering Yak.

NelleBelle

Regarding allergies, I e definitely found that non-Disney restaurants aren’t particularly accommodating. For example. City Works, from what I could see, did not disclose that they use their oil to fry everything! I’m quite allergic to shellfish and only when I informed them of this did they say I couldn’t have French fries with my veggie burger! All I can say is I’m so glad that I disclosed my allergy. I finally ended up speaking to one of the chefs and a manager. It was eventually remedied. As for Y&Y, I’ve never had an issue with my particular allergy, but with everythingYMMV.

StantonZ

Thanks for the honest assessment. I'm planning a trip for 2024 and am considering Yak.
Tusker House should be high on your list...both for breakfast (not a lot of other options) and dinner. The Satuli Canteen (in Pandora) is often overlooked.

Phonedave

I believe the main contribution to any confusion is that (at least in my experience) grocery stores sell eggs in or very near the dairy section. That, and the prevalence of processed and fast foods in today's diets.

This is it exactly. Eggs are usually part of the "Dairy Department" in a grocery store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom