Trip Report I swear this is the last time... COMPLETED

That's right! How many times have I made that promise to WDWMagic, that this trip would be the last trip for the foreseeable future? I think at least twice... Because ya girl has got to save for grad school that starts in less than 6 months! But then... all that Epcot news came out... and I just couldn't resist... and my vacation request got approved today...

I do solemnly swear this will be my last time at Disney World for at least a year (the length of my program, and I won't even be in the country anymore so there will be no temptation... except, maybe, Disneyland Paris ;))

When???: May 15-18 2019. 62 more days to go!
Where???: Coronado Springs! The eleganza! Can you believe I'm not staying in a Value or off property? Me neither? But that's because...
Who: Me and my grandma! She's an AP and wanted to go with me before I leave to start school... She also booked the hotel room (yay grandparents!!!)

So, what am I looking forward to? Riding Haunted Mansion, of course. Seeing Sonny Eclipse (duh!). Maybe even experiencing Toy Story Land (I wasn't sold on it... but if I can get FPs... then...). And maybe even attempting to secure a FP for FOP. We'll see about that... Oh, and riding Peoplemover!

If you'd care to sit back and wait 62 days with me as our plans become more concrete, then enjoy. And in 62 days... who knows what tomfoolery is in store.

o heck yeah

tonystark

Original Poster
Another temptation...

Kind of ironic given its title but... Moving on. It was time to eat! Grandma and I had separate reservations, but showed up at the same time. We both preordered our food, and I thought it was going to be faster than it was... Here is what I would do... You go up to the outside check in place, they confirm your order, you pay, you immediately go inside. Instead, you go to the outside check in place, get a rose that just means you pre ordered, go to another check in place inside, wait in line, confirm your meal and pay, and THEN go seat yourself. The yellow rose seems like an additional unnecessary step... But how would they know that you have a reservation and that you are allowed to be inside??? Good question. I will think on that. Maybe scan your MB on your way inside?

It was busy today, but we managed to find a two person table in the ballroom without much trouble. My food came first, and my table manners were terrible because I started eating while my grandma waited. I was starving. I did offer her any fries she wanted, though. She ordered the quiche which comes with a side salad and enjoyed it -- my grandma is pretty health conscious. I, however... at least when I'm at WDW, am not.

The carved turkey sandwich was not as good as it was last time, and the fries were cold... but I managed.

Yes... I managed indeed. We had a FP to get to, and it was perhaps not the wisest post-meal FP. We needed to book it to Frontierland, stat!!

Everyone takes pictures in front of this mosaic... We simply did not have time for this, so imagine this as a drive by pic, because it was.

One minute past our FP window, but we made it inside with a green Mickey head anyways. I read that the grace period for being late is 15 minutes? Who knows if that is true. My grandpa always insists that he bears the brunt of the splash on this ride, because he always gets soaked while the rest of us emerge unscathed. He was delighted to hear that his hypothesis was granted additional observational evidence as both grandma and I got pretty darn wet in the face and upper body.

I'm a liar and got way ahead of myself in previous posts because I'm pretty sure I said we had FP for pirates and little mermaid??? EDIT: I just checked and I only said it about Little Mermaid... imagine me wiping sweat from my forehead. Phew *Maury voice* That was a lie *end Maury voice* and I will edit that pronto!! Splash was our last of our 3 planned FP, everything after THIS moment are FPs we made the day of. Okay. Wow, I can't believe I got mixed up like that!! Our next FP -- with our strategy being let us go wherever the FP wind takes us -- is one of my favorites.

tonystark

Original Poster
Yeah... So.... We definitely own the hitchhiking ghost ones. Lol
No judgment!!! I sink a bunch of money into Disney t-shirts much to my mother's horror (haven't made the jump to the spirit jerseys yet though this trip tested me)... Have they emerged from the box or are you keeping them in collectible condition?

Also lol I keep editing this because I keep thinking of things but they didn't have the hitchhiking ghosts at Memento Mori when I was there, just ghosts that I guess are in the graveyard scene that I don't find particularly memorable. I think the hitchhiking ghosts make more sense to buy because they are the most recognizable of the ride except for maybe Madame Leota... Okay... I am going to stop adding things to this post now LOL.

tonystark

Original Poster

This ride is sweet. Ha. See what I did there?

Get it... honey... sweet... haha... Please laugh?

If my bad honey joke won't make you laugh, perhaps this will... I recently realized that the mother, Kanga, named her child Roo. Kanga-Roo. Kangaroo. I was appalled it took me so long to put two and two together... Why didn't child me realize this!!!
After bouncing with Tigger, it was time for my most embarrassing Disney experience in recent memory.

Before we get to that FP, though, here's some water art Mickey. I could never! I possess no artistic talent at all, so this little touch of Disney magic always impresses me.

That right there, on the right, is the FP line for Buzz Lightyear. Yes. FP line. I was stunned. I should have interpreted this as a bad omen, I should have turned away then and there... But I, a fool, did not...
I allowed my grandma to spin us, and that was my downfall. Prepare yourself for the lowest score that I have ever gotten on this ride. Ever. I cringe just looking at it... Please... have mercy, my ego is still very bruised... Okay... 3... 2... 1...

The horror. Quick, scroll past it, quick!!! Or it shall forever be burned into the back of your eyelids. Have you scrolled past yet? Good... Let us move on to something wholesome, something that is a must do for me... Perhaps this familiar tune will allow you to forget... my score...

I unironically love this ride/show/attraction.

John and Fam were on good form! Since we were nearby, we decided to hop onto PeopleMover again. While wandering through the line, we were being shouted at by an unimpressed guest.

This bird had made a nest up there and was chirping at everyone very angrily... sorry, my friend, but I must ride the PeopleMover... I must... I must move away from the Buzz Lightyear ride. You understand, surely...

tonystark

Original Poster

A different perspective of the new color scheme going on... I didn't mind it, actually.
Another FP appeared, and grandma and I both agreed that it was the ride you ought to do when at MK, even if you aren't a super big fan of it.

Grandma: they should take all that money and use it to fix up the ride!!!
Me: :/

Any guesses or known facts as to what they do with all of this coinage?

This hippo haunts me. I take a picture of it every time. Those eyes...

The kiwis are my favorite. My name appeared at the end of the ride for the first time which was nice. And since we were in the vicinity (you can fill in the blank...)

Another ghostly blur thanks to my phone. We departed from HM to our next FP, which I usually enjoy but this time... not so much.

Our skipper wasn't really into it (understandable, I wouldn't be into it either, saying the same thing every day every 20 minutes... arghhhh) and I was sat right next to this thing -- I imagine it is the engine/battery/whatever. I put my hand on it to brace myself as I was stepping in and it was HOT! And I mean hot, not exaggerating. I'm surprised it's not roped off or in a less obtrusive place, because if I was a little kid, I probably would have cried -- not out of pain, but I think the shock of it being hot.

Attachments

• IMG_1662.jpg
    IMG_1662.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 203

tonystark

Original Poster

2 heads for one of yours... you'll always come out ahead... etc... Our next FP was in the vicinity once more... It did feel good to keep getting these FPs, I was feeling very accomplished.

I love these guys! My dad used to lift me up when I was little so I could see them. Unfortunately, I didn't become tall as an adult, so I had to hold my phone up high to get that picture.

Where were we going after this??? Where do you think!

This is supposed to be my last trip for a while, so I had to ride HM as much as possible... Please understand :(

We came to a complete stop at the ballroom scene for a few minutes, which is ALMOST my favorite part of the ride, so I took this picture. I believe there are 13 candles on the cake (spooky). Also, the duelists weren't working 😪.
I wasn't exactly hungry at this point, neither was my grandma. But... I had dessert plans, and our time was running out to enact them exactly as I had planned. So, it was time to eat! You know where.

We shared the chicken tenders and fries. I planned on sharing the pickles (you can see, I brought 2 forks, how generous) but my grandma did not want to partake... So, I ate them all, while listening to the crooning voice of...

Sonny Eclipse!

Yes, I ate all of the pickles.

I'm not sure why I took this picture -- but I did... so, enjoy!

tonystark

Original Poster

We thankfully didn't get wet the second time around, though we did get backed up at the end bit before the boat scene, where there's that waterfall... It shut off for a moment, which surprised me -- I guess the CMs have more control over water features than I had thought. FPs for Pirates were in abundance, as you can tell by the amount of times I'd ridden it this day. And that's where we headed next.

He's one of my favorites.

Another excellent DisneyTM quality on ride photo. It was getting close to HEA time, and I wanted to get dessert before then. Grandma and I weren't big on watching fireworks tonight, so we decided to walk over to PeopleMover for a quick ride before heading to Main Street.

Looking at that picture... LOL where is everyone?

Oh... there they are... Going to get their spots for HEA. It was time for dessert, though, so we strolled leisurely to Main Street.

I found that sign ironic... He sure has left the building. The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor was slammed, with everyone wanting to get their pre firework treats. I was willing to wait for my All American Sundae, though, and knew that we'd have a place to sit where I planned on taking us. I believe my grandma indulged and got a kid's scoop of no sugar added butter pecan. All that sugar got added to mine.

We took a seat down this side street on Main Street, my favorite place to hide out because people walk right past it, their eyes fixed on the castle if they are trickling in or on the train station if they are trickling out. It was a really great sundae, in case you were wondering. I was satisfied that I had given up my opportunity for a citrus swirl for this.

I was proud of this photo, lol. I took it so fast though I wish I'd been able to focus the camera a little more on the balloons. While we were sitting there, I was able to grab a FP for Peter Pan, which is my grandma's favorite ride. It was 30 minutes until HEA, but our FP window was open and we both had finished our ice creams. Might as well, right? I bid this quiet street goodbye with this picture, I love these horse things... Whatever the word is... I want to say they are what you would hitch your horse to in the olden days? I just think they're neat.

krisri18

No judgment!!! I sink a bunch of money into Disney t-shirts much to my mother's horror (haven't made the jump to the spirit jerseys yet though this trip tested me)... Have they emerged from the box or are you keeping them in collectible condition?

Also lol I keep editing this because I keep thinking of things but they didn't have the hitchhiking ghosts at Memento Mori when I was there, just ghosts that I guess are in the graveyard scene that I don't find particularly memorable. I think the hitchhiking ghosts make more sense to buy because they are the most recognizable of the ride except for maybe Madame Leota... Okay... I am going to stop adding things to this post now LOL.
Still in box, displayed in the baby's room. Not that he cares one way or the other. Lol P's favorite attraction is Haunted Mansion, he's slowing turning our living room into a HM display room. Lol

tonystark

Original Poster

We made our way over to Fantasyland, ready to ride Peter Pan -- I was particularly excited, because I hadn't been on it in several years. It's a cute ride, but I would never wait standby for it unless standby was like 15 minutes.

Off to Neverland... My favorite interpretation of Peter Pan is definitely Hook -- I used to watch that movie all the time... Don't try and stop me Smee, don't try and stop me...

Wow that ride is short! Cute, and I love the London scene -- but short! It was time for my last ride of Haunted Mansion for the trip, HEA was about to start, and there was no wait.

No stops this time, though I did feel bummed out. If we had stopped, it would have meant longer on HM... If I could live on a ride, it would be this one (followed by Spaceship Earth tbh... then PeopleMover). Oh well, at least I can listen to the music when I'm studying, right...? It won't be the same though 😪

Bye bye.... HEA had begun, which is why that picture is so smokey... My grandma wanted to ride Big Thunder again, so we headed there. The ride is much more fun in the dark, and when the fireworks are going off, it's ~magical~.

Standby wait of 5 minutes? Don't mind if we do.

Attachments

• IMG_1747.jpg
    IMG_1747.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 206

tonystark

Original Poster
We climbed aboard with several middle-school aged boys obviously on a school trip, and dang, they were excited! Shouting and screaming the entire ride, which made me laugh.

The finale of HEA started about midway through the ride, and one of the boys exclaimed "9:10 EVERY NIGHT!!! IF YOU RODE THIS AT 9:10 EVERY NIGHT YOU WILL ALWAYS GET THE FINALE"... Unfortunately, if HEA is delayed like it was for a few minutes tonight, that isn't always the case -- but his heart was in the right place, right?

We felt as though we had gotten a full day out of MK, so there was one last ride to go on and then we were happy to go back to the hotel.

No, not the carousel, though I would've enjoyed that.

Yep, we're predictable. THIS TIME IT'S LAUGHTER THEY'RE AFTER AT MONSTERS INC LAUGH FLOOR...

Love that neon :cry:

When we arrived at the bus stop, the bus was just pulling away -- but that wasn't so bad... That meant we would be first up on the next one, and we only waited about 15 or so minutes.

Spooky...
We think we did 22 rides this day, and I haven't gone back to count and check, but we were tuckered out by the time we got to the room. If not 22 rides, we definitely did 27, 219 steps, or 10.96 miles according to the old Fitbit. Would we beat that on our final park day? Yes. Yes, we would.

tonystark

Original Poster

This time I decided to accompany my grandma on her voyage to get a child's omelette. The only thing we had planned was a morning at DHS and an evening at AK. You'll see how that rapidly changes LOL

The tower looks good. Walking past it cemented that opinion in my mind. It looks ~fancy~. We arrived at the food court, which was a little busy, but I was just there to observe.

Would any of you care for a beer at 8:29 am? Just thought I'd ask.

Here's the child's omelette! It also comes with a drink and I believe was $7.99. Great deal for Disney. Grandma ate her omelette, I people watched, and soon we were headed out to the bus stop. The bus at CSR stops last at the food court/check in area, so it was a bit packed by the time our bus arrived and everyone piled in.

I have not been to DHS since before Midway Mania was open, and even then, my family really only went to ride GMR and go to Star Wars Weekends. I was kind of looking forward to it, because I like the atmosphere of old Hollywood and the road leading up to TOT, but other than that, I didn't really have any plans for the morning. Our 3 FPs were booked for the evening at AK.

Mmm some gondolas.

Mmm some 30th anniversary decor... We got through security just fine, and there was an elderly, rather grumpy CM who shouted "YOUNG GIRL!" at me to get me to go through his turnstile. Y'all, people think I'm young all the time, and I'm about to start developing a complex about it. I know, I know, I won't mind when I'm forty or whatever... But I don't need to be shouted at at 9 AM and I don't need to be called young girl. I'm over it, I promise ;)

Hello little Mickey!! We decided to make our way to Toy Story Land, because my grandma said it's super cool. On our way, the wait for Midway Mania was staying pretty low, so after wandering through TSL we agreed to go on that. I was excited, my first new-to-me Disney ride.

tonystark

Original Poster
I think the wait was posted at 35 minutes but we only waited around 15.

WOW, were you all just keeping it a secret as to how fun this ride is? I LOVED IT! I would go to DHS just to ride this, tbh. My score? Well, it was far better than my... Buzz Lightyear score... but not the greatest. Hey, it was my first time, okay???

I was in blue with that 28% accuracy LOL. After this, we went to go look at SDD but it was at 75 minutes so that's a no from me.

Now what? That was the question. We didn't feel like we needed to ride anything else here, so then we wondered if we needed to stay at DHS for any more time... We might as well go look for my shirt, though, right? So here's a few pics of our wanderings.

Sigh... The Alien part of this ride always terrified me.

I shall not pass through this archway for many, many years.

OH lol get ready for some sleuthing. Back by where you exit the Muppet 3D show, I think, there are windows covered in this slanted blinds so you can't see backstage. I thought it would be SWL construction, so I sneakily stuck my phone through one of the slats. PREPARE YOURSELF FOR SOME SERIOUS BACKSTAGE SECRECY. ARE YOU READY?????

LOL well... I tried. Hey fellas.

We were on our way out now, but I was kinda hoping there would be a show of this to catch. Unfortunately, the first show wasn't until 12 :(. BUT! In the main gift shop on the main street at DHS, right as we were exiting... I FOUND IT. MY SHIRT IN A SIZE SMALL. AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!! Unfortunately, they couldn't send it to CSR because we were checking out the following day, and there was no point sending it to the front of the park because that's where we were heading. My waist pack saved the day, I was able to fold the shirt up and tuck it in there for the rest of the day... But, when I show you a picture of it later, it'll be really wrinkled :( big sigh.

tonystark

Original Poster
Grandma: We could just go to Epcot...
Me: that sounds like a rather excellent idea....

WOW the Friendship boats are slow as heck! We got off at Swan&Dolphin because I literally couldn't handle it. Oh snap, I forgot to mention I was really craving a smoothie at this point. I'd stopped at the Joffrey's Cart at DHS to no avail, and thought luck would be better at Boardwalk or Epcot itself.

It wasn't too hot, though it was the hottest of all our days here.

ONE DAY I will get ice cream from here! One day. I've heard enough good things to be convinced. I'd probably go for the oatmeal flavor... it sounds so dang good. Wow, you can order Ample Hills online. I'm getting distracted right now from this TR looking up how much it would cost. The answer is $55 plus shipping. So that's a no. A girl can dream.

More gondolas. No smoothie luck at Boardwalk. The International Gateway entrance is so quiet! I loved it. We were the only people going in LOL. The security guard complimented me on my tetris-skills getting my shirt in the small pocket. Thank you.
I was hungry. Where to go? France.

That massive sandwich had chicken, pesto, cheese, tomatoes, and red onions. It was EXCELLENT. The drink was advertised as a strawberry smoothie. I was a sucker. It was not a smoothie. It was a slushy. It cost $5.

While eating
Grandma: You know, Magic Kingdom doesn't close until 10 tonight.
Me: Are you... Are you suggesting we do 4 parks in one day?
READERS, of COURSE I said yes to my grandma's wild scheme. It meant more time on Haunted!!! I lied to you when I said I wouldn't be back this trip. Oops.

If we were going to do 4 parks in 1 day, isn't the rule that you have to ride at least 1 ride? Well, I knew which ride wouldn't have much of a wait...

Fiesta hoy baby

tonystark

Original Poster

I love these balloons lol. The fiesta was poppin' off, and it was time to make our way to the 3rd park of the day, where all our FPs were planned.

Bye bye Spaceship Earth, I wish your wait time hadn't been 30 minutes or else I totally would've ridden you!!

I never run at WDW. I NEVER! run at WDW. Today, I got as close to running in WDW as I ever have before. The above photo was taken at 12:53 PM. We got through the gates, and I idly looked up the next show time for Finding Nemo the musical, assuming that it was 1:30. It's a must do for me, I don't care about Festival of the Lion King (controversial!!), I think Nemo is much more captivating. The next show was 1:00. Because of how our FPs were arranged, it would be the only show of the day that we would be able to catch. If we got there in time.

1:00 and 23 seconds PM. We MADE it! I was sweaty, it was hot, I wondered if it was worth it.

It was worth it! Grandma and I wanted to take it chill after that, lol, so we decided to wander around the trails before our next FP.

We would be back for you...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom