Trip Report I swear this is the last time... COMPLETED

That's right! How many times have I made that promise to WDWMagic, that this trip would be the last trip for the foreseeable future? I think at least twice... Because ya girl has got to save for grad school that starts in less than 6 months! But then... all that Epcot news came out... and I just couldn't resist... and my vacation request got approved today...

I do solemnly swear this will be my last time at Disney World for at least a year (the length of my program, and I won't even be in the country anymore so there will be no temptation... except, maybe, Disneyland Paris ;))

When???: May 15-18 2019. 62 more days to go!
Where???: Coronado Springs! The eleganza! Can you believe I'm not staying in a Value or off property? Me neither? But that's because...
Who: Me and my grandma! She's an AP and wanted to go with me before I leave to start school... She also booked the hotel room (yay grandparents!!!)

So, what am I looking forward to? Riding Haunted Mansion, of course. Seeing Sonny Eclipse (duh!). Maybe even experiencing Toy Story Land (I wasn't sold on it... but if I can get FPs... then...). And maybe even attempting to secure a FP for FOP. We'll see about that... Oh, and riding Peoplemover!

If you'd care to sit back and wait 62 days with me as our plans become more concrete, then enjoy. And in 62 days... who knows what tomfoolery is in store.

o heck yeah

tonystark

Original Poster
The wait for the bus was not bad at all, and before long, we were on our way to Coronado Springs. You'll notice I didn't have a drink while at Epcot -- I honestly don't know why?? I think I'm still burned from when I went on my 21st and drank around the world with my friend... We made it about halfway before we knew it wouldn't be pleasant if we kept on... Responsible heads on our shoulders... Also, I had mac and cheese from the Germany QS that did not mix great with the alcohol so I felt nauseous for the rest of the evening -- long story short, I just didn't!!!! With that long winded and basically pointless story out of the way, here are a very sparse amount of room photos... I was tired.

I think I was trying to show you all the chair here???? Not sure.

All mine!!!

No pins, though there was still ongoing construction in our area 😢

This entire row of plugs did not work. Luckily, there is one for the other bed, and they all worked -- so I stole one of my grandma's for my phone charger. She brought a white noise machine (more on that later) and needed to charge her phone, so we were left with one... It's a good thing it was just the two of us... My TR job done (I thought, with my four shoddy photos), it was time to take a shower. I discovered what was perhaps the best part of the hotel room.

Two shower heads. I was LIVING! LIVING I TELL YOU!! After taking a longer than normal shower (time flies when you have TWO shower heads), I got into bed, more than ready to sleep after having done 22,491 steps (9.06 miles according to the ol' Fitbit). It was 11 pm, a respectable bedtime though a little later than I normally do (I'm a working gal okay I need my sleep or else I'm grumpy at work but this was VACATION). My grandma is a very light sleeper, and so am I so I was more than happy to have a white noise machine. After a few minutes, though... My grandma started to SNORE!!! In all my years of knowing her, she has never snored. This is a new development!! My little brain fixated on the sound for what felt like hours (because it was) and according to my Fitbit, I fell asleep around 1 AM and woke up at 6:30 AM. Yum. At least it was MK day!

tonystark

Original Poster
There was only one thing to do after a miserable amount of sleep... My grandma went to go get herself something to eat (I am not a breakfast person... Like I said...)

Hello.... old friend....

I don't think this picture makes up for the bad room photos... But I liked the print. Also, hi reflection, how are ya? My grandma returned from her breakfast adventure, filled up on a kids omelette.

An uneventful bus voyage. Aren't those always the best?

Look at that beautiful blue sky! Not a single cloud. I didn't notice it then, but I'm sure noticing now. If only there was not a single person in MK except for me...

I never know what to do with my arms so I guess they just live there now. A relatively empty foreground, but dang, look at all those people clogging up Main Street in the background! It was a really manageable day crowd wise, I would even hazard to say light crowds. Once we got through to the hub, it all thinned out.
I stopped in the Emporium. They did not have my shirt. I could not BELIEVE.

Hello more ducks! Where do you think I was going immediately after park opening? Our FP for Big Thunder wasn't until 9:25, so we had some time. My grandma actually suggested it, I was more than happy for a leisurely stroll around MK until our FP window opened, but when presented with the opportunity....

My first time seeing the below...

The fresh rose! I was hoping to see it withered and brown later that evening, but I never had the opportunity to check because we went through the FP line for the remaining rides.

Me lookin' happy and not knowing what to do with my arms again :)

Minnie1986

There was only one thing to do after a miserable amount of sleep... My grandma went to go get herself something to eat (I am not a breakfast person... Like I said...)
View attachment 374825
Hello.... old friend....
View attachment 374827
I don't think this picture makes up for the bad room photos... But I liked the print. Also, hi reflection, how are ya? My grandma returned from her breakfast adventure, filled up on a kids omelette.
View attachment 374829
An uneventful bus voyage. Aren't those always the best?
View attachment 374830
Look at that beautiful blue sky! Not a single cloud. I didn't notice it then, but I'm sure noticing now. If only there was not a single person in MK except for me... View attachment 374833
I never know what to do with my arms so I guess they just live there now. A relatively empty foreground, but dang, look at all those people clogging up Main Street in the background! It was a really manageable day crowd wise, I would even hazard to say light crowds. Once we got through to the hub, it all thinned out.
I stopped in the Emporium. They did not have my shirt. I could not BELIEVE.
View attachment 374836
Hello more ducks! Where do you think I was going immediately after park opening? Our FP for Big Thunder wasn't until 9:25, so we had some time. My grandma actually suggested it, I was more than happy for a leisurely stroll around MK until our FP window opened, but when presented with the opportunity....
View attachment 374837
View attachment 374838
My first time seeing the below...
View attachment 374839
The fresh rose! I was hoping to see it withered and brown later that evening, but I never had the opportunity to check because we went through the FP line for the remaining rides.
View attachment 374840
Me lookin' happy and not knowing what to do with my arms again :)
Loving the trip report! Has anyone ever told you that you look like Kiernan Shipka (from Chilling adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Mad Men)?

tonystark

Original Poster
Loving the trip report! Has anyone ever told you that you look like Kiernan Shipka (from Chilling adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Mad Men)?
No, I've actually not heard that one before!! I can see it, it's our eyebrows... I have been told that I look like Maisie Williams (Arya on GOT)... the eyebrows again! I've been meaning to watch Chilling Adventures but I'm on my billionth rewatch of Grey's Anatomy and that is a COMMITMENT.

Minnie1986

No, I've actually not heard that one before!! I can see it, it's our eyebrows... I have been told that I look like Maisie Williams (Arya on GOT)... the eyebrows again! I've been meaning to watch Chilling Adventures but I'm on my billionth rewatch of Grey's Anatomy and that is a COMMITMENT.
I recently just came down from my Grey's bender. It's awesome to re-watch the older episodes but a commitment is the perfect way to describe it. Both seasons of Sabrina are great so I'd definitely recommend that next!

tonystark

Original Poster
I recently just came down from my Grey's bender. It's awesome to re-watch the older episodes but a commitment is the perfect way to describe it. Both seasons of Sabrina are great so I'd definitely recommend that next!
Derek just took over from Richard as chief and Mark and Lexie just broke up over his daughter staying with him... That's where I'm at right now. I've heard good things about Sabrina so it's going on the list as is Dead To Me which everyone is raving about.

Minnie1986

Derek just took over from Richard as chief and Mark and Lexie just broke up over his daughter staying with him... That's where I'm at right now. I've heard good things about Sabrina so it's going on the list as is Dead To Me which everyone is raving about.
I literally just clutched my chest thinking about the Lexie/Mark story line😭, Dead To Me is next up for me as well.

tonystark

Original Poster

'Twas with regret that I left Haunted Mansion for our next ride, but I knew that I would be back...

Aunt Polly's... If I had the motivation to travel all the way over to Tom Sawyer's Island, I would have tried out the food there. But, alas, that was too much effort -- and we already had lunch reservations AND dinner plans...

It was time for the WIIIIILDEST RIDE IN THE WIIIIIIIIIILDERNESS! Much to my grandma's horror, we were...

In the last row, lol. She was worried that it would be a super rough ride, but I thought it wasn't too bad. We had a little bit of time before our next FP, so we decided to wander over to Pirates and whiz through the standby line.

Mmm... Is that a cloud I detect just to the right-hand side of that picture? Yes, I fear it is so...
BATHROOM BREAK!!!

The quietest bathrooms in MK? I believe so. I also appreciate the light fixtures. Okay, on to the ride!

It wasn't 10 minutes, it was however long it took you to book it through the queue.

I know, I know, I should TOTALLY get hired as Disney's official ride photographer. My talent... It wasn't this ride, I don't think, but later when we were riding Pirates again, a woman was flash photographing the WHOLE ride. If I wasn't completely non confrontational and afraid that she would punch me in the face or something, I would have said something. Alas, I just grinned and bore it. Our next FP was in Tomorrow Land (LOL I really was having us trek all the way across the park all day...) so we made our way over there.

I thought I would be back for a delicious Citrus Swirl, since it was our only MK day. But... ladies and gentlemen... I did not make it back to Sunshine Tree Terrace that day.

tonystark

Original Poster

Awww man, clouds! I don't recall the wait for SM being that long standby, but we had a FP so I didn't look too closely. Like I said, it was a pretty low-crowd day.

SM is a one and done for me these days, I honestly feel like I'm gonna get whiplash every time... So I do it once and call it a day. Very dark inside, though later on I noticed (When riding Peoplemover) that they had turned up the stars and the planets, and I could actually see them! If only they had done that in the morning... Speaking of Peoplemover...

YEEEEEEEEEES... I also ran into a celebrity while riding.

There he is... I was starstruck.

Every other picture I took of this was blurry so I'm proud of it, okay? Upon disembarking, we had a bit of time before our lunch reservation. I wanted to check for my shirt, and I also grabbed a quick FP for Voyage Under the Sea or whatever the name of the Little Mermaid ride is. EDIT: *Narrator voice* She did not, in fact, grab a quick FP for Little Mermaid, though in retrospect she thought she did. What she actually did was walk through the line as the wait was 5 minutes. Perhaps she later conflated the no wait with having a FP... we may never truly know. We wandered over to Mickey's Startraders... Prepare yourself for some bad show in broad daylight...

I weep for the below shirt... because I did not get to try one of the huge donuts that recently debuted at MK. Bob Iger has the merch READY tho... Gotta get that $$$$$$$$$

Last edited:

tonystark

Original Poster
Some other COOOOOL merch that I would wear but also totally not wear.

'Twas at this point that we made our way over to Big Top Souvenirs so I could look for my shirt... Now you will know what I was looking for...

Oops sorry I got distracted, but these socks were excellent and I was VERY TEMPTED. Okay... the shirt -- well, this is the hoodie version...

I wanted it SO BAD. Everywhere I went, there was someone wearing it, mocking me... I just needed a SMALL. However, it was not meant to be on this day... Tail between my legs, shaking my fist to the sky where Bob Iger resided, it was time to venture to New Fantasyland.

ARIEL'S LIPS WERE NOT MOVING. AT ALL. It was most disturbing.

Well... we did that. No need to do it again. We had about 20 minutes before BOG, so we decided to scope out the shops... Memento Mori had been closed when we first rode HM, which bummed me out, but now it was time to go take a look at all the items I desperately want but cannot afford.

Is that Michael Eisner....?

I love Haunted Mansion. I LOVE it. It is my favorite ride at WDW. I would NOT... NOT! pay $60 for three plush collectible limited edition stuffed ghosts. I just wouldn't. Not sure who the target audience is for this except perhaps people who can throw $60 at some small stuffed animal things... Not I. Judging by the amount they have on the shelves, not most people, either.

tonystark

Original Poster
I have tea!!! That portrait is not Michael Eisner, it was the VP of MK at the time?? I low-key see Michael Eisner features in him, though, especially if he wanted a particularly flattering portrait... kind of weird to have it there, though. Anyone else agree?

riverside

I picked up my niece, H from school the other day. She gets in the car & was wearing that hoodie!! I had never seen it before & I pretty much squealed with excitement. Her boyfriend was in Disney last week & bought it for her. He said he got it at World of Disney. His exact response was, "you know, that really big store in Disney Springs." I had to educate him & tell him it was World of Disney!!

tonystark

Original Poster
I picked up my niece, H from school the other day. She gets in the car & was wearing that hoodie!! I had never seen it before & I pretty much squealed with excitement. Her boyfriend was in Disney last week & bought it for her. He said he got it at World of Disney. His exact response was, "you know, that really big store in Disney Springs." I had to educate him & tell him it was World of Disney!!
WOD was going to be my last resort on my travel day home but thankfully I ended up finding it before then. The design is SUPER popular, I'm not exaggerating. I think the line came out on April 29th? The retro look is reeling suckers (me) in like crazy.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
View attachment 375385
View attachment 375386
'Twas at this point that we made our way over to Big Top Souvenirs so I could look for my shirt... Now you will know what I was looking for...
View attachment 375388
Oops sorry I got distracted, but these socks were excellent and I was VERY TEMPTED. Okay... the shirt -- well, this is the hoodie version...
View attachment 375389
I wanted it SO BAD. Everywhere I went, there was someone wearing it, mocking me... I just needed a SMALL. However, it was not meant to be on this day... Tail between my legs, shaking my fist to the sky where Bob Iger resided, it was time to venture to New Fantasyland.
View attachment 375390
View attachment 375391
View attachment 375392
View attachment 375393
Well... we did that. No need to do it again. We had about 20 minutes before BOG, so we decided to scope out the shops... Memento Mori had been closed when we first rode HM, which bummed me out, but now it was time to go take a look at all the items I desperately want but cannot afford.
View attachment 375395
View attachment 375396
I love Haunted Mansion. I LOVE it. It is my favorite ride at WDW. I would NOT... NOT! pay $60 for three plush collectible limited edition stuffed ghosts. I just wouldn't. Not sure who the target audience is for this except perhaps people who can throw $60 at some small stuffed animal things... Not I. Judging by the amount they have on the shelves, not most people, either.

I love those Disney dog socks. I will have to see if they have those at Disneyland when I go. I NEED them! (Ok, maybe I just want them, but I want them bad!)

tonystark

Original Poster
Don't mind me, just rambling about the portrait of the apparent VP of MK at the time of New Fantasyland in Bonjour! Village Gifts. It just seems WEIRD to have a themed portrait of an executive in a gift shop. I digress.
I love those Disney dog socks. I will have to see if they have those at Disneyland when I go. I NEED them! (Ok, maybe I just want them, but I want them bad!)
OMG, I hope you find them. I was REALLY tempted, but I was policing myself on how much I could buy this trip since it's basically going to be how much I can fit in my suitcase for grad school so the shirt won out.
I must have this. Where did you see it? I will always and forever picture him when I think of Robin Hood. OOO-DE-LALLY!
Mickey's Star Traders! Towards the back wall, they had a lot of merchandise featuring the (from a box office standpoint) less popular Disney movies like Fox and the Hound and I think Oliver and Company.

Rista1313

View attachment 375385
View attachment 375386
View attachment 375388
View attachment 375389
View attachment 375390
View attachment 375391
View attachment 375392
View attachment 375393
View attachment 375395
View attachment 375396

Look for those HM Plushes later this year at the outlet for $5

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom