I sure hope SOMETHING is announced next weekend!

Bork Bork

I was wondering if anyone has read the fall edition of D23 magazine. They advertised an "exhilarating hint at the park's future" - lol. What was that all about?:)

I just got the Fall issue today and it's a good one! Lots of great stories and photography on the construction and opening of WDW.

But, alas, no "exhilarating hints" at anything forthcoming. Unless, of course you didn't know about the plans for the Seven Dwarfs' Mine Train!:lookaroun

CountryBearFan

Out of all possibilities, I would rate an AK expansion at the least likely.

Well, maybe slightly higher than the announcement of the return of Michael Eisner.

Well, FYI, EVERYTHING is very much higher than the return of Eisner the Miser.

Let's face it. He ruined Disney during the second half of his reign and is gone from there for good and not coming back!

Captain Neo

I thought the whole point of skiping a year is so that they would have enough big new announcements to make D23 worthwhile. Its going to be tough to beat the first D23 though when they announced Star Tours II and a major redo of Fantasyland (even if the original version was lame).

I would honestly be very shocked if we don't get at a minimum 1 new ride for Disneyland and WDW. I also don't think they will really spend much time talking about fantasmic refurbs or new parades. They will instead most likely go over Carsland (DCA), the changes being made to Fantasyland and possibly talk about Shanghai.

miles1

With all the capital outlay over the last couple of years, I wouldn't expect any major announcements, or at least anything we would consider major. I think what we'll get is a a lot more detail on what the Nextgen technology is going to do for us, while they try to make it sound as sexy as possible.

I really do hope I'm wrong.

FLYbyNITE

I don't know what will be worse; they announce no major plans at all, or they announce some really inspired additions that take 5 years to build.

Lee

Adventurer
D23 will focus on what is already underway, both domestically and abroad.
I don't expect any surprises. I'd like some...but don't expect any.

djkidkaz

Original Poster
D23 will focus on what is already underway, both domestically and abroad.
I don't expect any surprises. I'd like some...but don't expect any.

Weren't you and Martin just saying a week or two ago that you expect a bunch of announcements but not all will likely be built?

misterID

I'm not expecting anything exciting for WDW. I am for Shanghai, and there might be a chance WDW could see some clones from there.

Isn't the Seven Dwarves Mine Train basically going to be a Shanghai clone?

Lee

Adventurer
Weren't you and Martin just saying a week or two ago that you expect a bunch of announcements but not all will likely be built?
I've been trying to chase down several rumors about D23 for a while now.
Based on what I'm hearing, it could go one of a few ways:

- Nothing new, just more details about ongoing projects worldwide.
- The formal announcement about the new MK parade and Fantasmic refurb.
- One possible new WDW attraction.
- Or the "Disney Decade" approach. That would mean announcing multiple new projects to open over the next 10 years, many of which would never actully see the light of day. Disappointing down the road, but would really stir the fanbase up right now. (This was the leading candidate a while back. I hear it may have been abandoned.)

All are possible, but if I were betting....parade and Fantasmic. Maybe one more thing for WDW. Maybe.

Lots of art and models for FLE, Shanghai and Rat in Paris. That is pretty certain.

Isn't the Seven Dwarves Mine Train basically going to be a Shanghai clone?
Yes, though likely opening in MK first.

Scuttle

I have a gut feeling there going to announce something huge for WDW. I really think it'll be a huge e-ticket to compete with Potter. Fingers are crossed.

Scuttle

I hope you don't complain if there isn't such an announcement.

Of course I wouldn't complain. I just have a gut feeling something big is in the works. I would never complain about TDO not building rides I only complain about maintenance issues and price gouging. Of course I want more rides, but I'm not going to cry like all the fan boys will.

Map7711

wow Lee-that covers everything!LOL They might have many projects announced or a few or none really. That narrows it down.

JustInTime

I have heard that the plans are only being told by select few anyway. What is happening (may not be much) isn't supposed to be known until the announcement. We will see. I am hoping for, in the very least, a new attraction.

Can't wait to read about the Tiki Room coverage.

Lee

Adventurer
Do you know what that [stevejobs]one more thing[/stevejobs] is or might be, Lee? And you just can't say?
Nope. WDI is in full lockdown mode right now. I can't get much info at all.
I will say this...I don't think there is anything they could possibly announce that will truly surprise any of us here who has been paying attention over the last few years.

Kinda hope I'm wrong...

wow Lee-that covers everything!LOL They might have many projects announced or a few or none really. That narrows it down.
True...but...true.
I can ask three different sources and get three different answers.

Mostly I get this...:shrug:

What will be announced, if anything, is known only to a very select few right now. Sadly, I'm not one of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom