I sure hope SOMETHING is announced next weekend!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The convention focuses on the entire Walt Disney Company, not just the Parks and Resorts. It receives significant international media attention (at least the first one did). The vast majority of the convention focuses on areas of the company that have nothing to do with the parks.

The Parks and Resorts division, just like the Company itself, is a worldwide company, and should (and will) be showcasing all of its projects worldwide. In addition to Shanghai and Hong Kong, expect a great of stuff showcasing Aulani.

To suggest that the Parks and Resorts presentation should only focus on the two stateside resorts is at best foolish, and at worse incredibly xenophobic.

misterID

If they excluded all the international projects all they'd be talking about is Carsland... Again.

From what's rumored we're possibly getting some clones from Shanghai, so it'll be interesting to see what all they get. And to see their Pirates ride which is supposed to be one of a kind and the TRON coaster. I'm always interested to see what WDI puts out.

If it weren't for Shanghai we wouldn't be getting the Seven Dwarves Mine Car ride.

Captain Neo

Last d23 theme park conference covered:

Fantasyland expansion
Hawaii resort
DCA (Carsland ride thru video shown)
Hong kong Disneyland (mystic manor, toy story, grizzly)
Some year of a million dreams promo
Star tours 2 (the big reveal)

I think that gives us a good idea of what will happen year too. They will probably once again talk about dca and fantasyland , the ratatouille ride in France, the 2 cruise ships (maybe) and shanghai and hong kong (maybe) but I really don't think that is enough content and they need to have a few urprises up their sleeve and some new exciting ride announcements. Last time the finale was a huge star tours 2 reveal. How will they top it this time?

Daannzzz

Screamscape has an article today that a Peter Pan ride will go into Fantasyland Shanghai. I wonder if there could be a clone being built.

Daannzzz

Don't know. Doesn't say. But if they are building a new one for Shanghai, it would be cool if they could design it to be ADA compliant and install it in Orlando. Question is, would they use the constraints of the Florida building for the design and then produce two, or would they use the Paris version and build one... or design something completely different and have a unique version for China?

71jason

Nope. WDI is in full lockdown mode right now. I can't get much info at all.
I will say this...I don't think there is anything they could possibly announce that will truly surprise any of us here who has been paying attention over the last few years.

Kinda hope I'm wrong...

Sorry, Lee, the lawyer in me is creeping out here...why go into full lockdown mode if you have nothing more to announce than a new parade and some improvements to Fantasmic? The fact they've cracked down on leaks certainly implies they think they're sitting on a bombshell that no one knows about yet.

And, given recent permits, I kinda think we're hoping the same thing...

Kamikaze

Sorry, Lee, the lawyer in me is creeping out here...why go into full lockdown mode if you have nothing more to announce than a new parade and some improvements to Fantasmic? The fact they've cracked down on leaks certainly implies they think they're sitting on a bombshell that no one knows about yet.

And, given recent permits, I kinda think we're hoping the same thing...

If they announce the reopening of the Club, I will buy DVC the same day.

You hear that, Disney lurkers?

wedenterprises

Now that Aulani is nearly open, I'd like to see some images/news regarding the Washington D.C. DVC resort. I'd consider that a fairly big piece of news if they had something to show or announce; artwork or timeline.

Admiral01

Premium Member
Now that Aulani is nearly open, I'd like to see some images/news regarding the Washington D.C. DVC resort. I'd consider that a fairly big piece of news if they had something to show or announce; artwork or timeline.

Being a resident of the District of Columbia, I am excited to see what Disney is planning for our city (even though it is going to be at National Harbor in Maryland). While I probably won't ever stay at the resort because I live in Washington, I will definitly head down there for dinner and exploring from time to time. It will be neat to have a little piece of Disney this close to home.

bayoubelle

amuck, amuck, amuck

We would LOVE this. My husband, daughter, and I go to Washington every couple of years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom