I successfully stoped a group of line cutters!!!

tampabrad

Original Poster
If you didn't know already, there are a lot of tour groups at WDW right now and I made it a point to stop line cutting. I was in line for Everest on Thursday and a group of 2 girls and 2 boys were going up to meet their friends who were in the tea farm area of the queu. Well, I politely told them that they had to wait in line like everyone else. Again, they told me they wanted to meet their friends who were "up there." I told them again, and the second time other guests in line began to notice. Again, they pointed to their friends. I told them they could wait behind me, but if they wanted to ride with their friends they could have their friends come back in the line and queu up with them.

By now, everyone in line was on my side and the 4 were not going anywhere. Score one for the non tour groups!!!!

Personally, I don't see why WDW can not post a sign at the beginning of each queu saying something like..."Enter the quee with your entire party. If your entire party does not enter the queu together, you will not ride the attraction together. Line jumping is not permitted."

Lam

When i was in the queue for Rock 'n' Roller, there was a guy who looked like a bodybuilder, who managed to keep a party of 20-25 from line-jumping to their 5 friends. I had so much respect for that guy =D

If you didn't know already, there are a lot of tour groups at WDW right now and I made it a point to stop line cutting. I was in line for Everest on Thursday and a group of 2 girls and 2 boys were going up to meet their friends who were in the tea farm area of the queu. Well, I politely told them that they had to wait in line like everyone else. Again, they told me they wanted to meet their friends who were "up there." I told them again, and the second time other guests in line began to notice. Again, they pointed to their friends. I told them they could wait behind me, but if they wanted to ride with their friends they could have their friends come back in the line and queu up with them.

By now, everyone in line was on my side and the 4 were not going anywhere. Score one for the non tour groups!!!!

Personally, I don't see why WDW can not post a sign at the beginning of each queu saying something like..."Enter the quee with your entire party. If your entire party does not enter the queu together, you will not ride the attraction together. Line jumping is not permitted."

This just makes me shake my head at your post, I agree line jumping is not permitted, but do we need to put the "brazilian tour group" spin on it. There is not a battle going on in WDW between non tour group v. tour group people

Have you ever been nearly knocked over or seen your child overrun by 50 or so teenagers all catching up with therir friends in line?

Nope, because I dont put myself in that situation, and if 50 people were trying to catch up with other people in the line, pretty sure it would be two by two in a queue, even just single file, not a stampede, not enough room for that. Dont overreact. And dont let them go in front of you in the first place, much like the tampabard.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
What a racist thread. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

It should be locked and all participants should be banned from this site.

Your computers should be blown to smithereens just for thinking about tour groups in an unflattering light.

All of you children and their children should be forced to perform menial subservient duties for those more worthy.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What a racist thread. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

It should be locked and all participants should be banned from this site.

Your computers should be blown to smithereens just for thinking about tour groups in an unflattering light.

All of you children and their children should be forced to perform menial subservient duties for those more worthy.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I know right cause thats what im saying:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is there something wrong with your keyboard? It doesn't seem to know the English language.

please enlighten me, yes although not a direct synonym, being facetious, and being sarcarstic are very similar actions

And to get back on topic, I dont agree with the negativity towards Brazilian Tour Groups that seem to have been created on this website. Its like the stupid stitch jokes all over again :brick:

unkadug

please enlighten me

And to get back on topic, I dont agree with the negativity towards Brazilian Tour Groups that seem to have been created on this website.

In my experiences with them, they were rude and ill-mannered with no respect for anyone else.

There is no excuse for this behavior no matter where you are from.

Obviously, your experiences must have been thoroughly pleasant.
Its like the stupid stitch jokes all over again :brick:

SO...you DO agree that Stitch is stupid? :lol:

In my experiences with them, they were rude and ill-mannered with no respect for anyone else.

There is no excuse for this behavior no matter where you are from.

Obviously, your experiences must have been thoroughly pleasant.

SO...you DO agree that Stitch is stupid? :lol:

Well not thoroughly pleasant but the magnitude that many posters give to the "rudeness" of the groups is a "little" over exaggerated IMO. Many of what is complained about can either be avoided of fixed.

Got me with the stitch on there, boy do i hate being taken out of context:p
But in all seriousness I feel that much like the stitch jokes were over played to the point where they weren't funny, these complaints about tour groups are meeting the same fate :snore:

Grizzly Hall 71

Nope, because I dont put myself in that situation, and if 50 people were trying to catch up with other people in the line, pretty sure it would be two by two in a queue, even just single file, not a stampede, not enough room for that. Dont overreact. And dont let them go in front of you in the first place, much like the tampabard.

Agreed. I said it before and I'll say it again. They don't bother me I don't bother them.

And I'm sorry but has anyone in this thread seen non tour groups people do it and people in line let them go by? I see it everytime I'm down here. But since it was the tour groups they couldn't ride with their friends.

unkadug

Well not thoroughly pleasant but the magnitude that many posters give to the "rudeness" of the groups is a "little" over exaggerated IMO. Many of what is complained about can either be avoided of fixed.

Got me with the stitch on there, boy do i hate being taken out of context:p
But in all seriousness I feel that much like the stitch jokes were over played to the point where they weren't funny, these complaints about tour groups are meeting the same fate :snore:

OK...so how do we avoid line cutting. (Which does seem to be the #1 reason people dislike the tour groups) I have witnessed scores of these teenagers cutting through the line to catch up with their peers.

The FIXED option seems to be a moo point as Disney does nothing to stem this behavior.

Agreed. I said it before and I'll say it again. They don't bother me I don't bother them.

And I'm sorry but has anyone in this thread seen non tour groups people do it and people in line let them go by? I see it everytime I'm down here. But since it was the tour groups they couldn't ride with their friends.

Hit the nail on the head, exactly what i was insinuating.

OK...so how do we avoid line cutting. (Which does seem to be the #1 reason people dislike the tour groups) I have witnessed scores of these teenagers cutting through the line to catch up with their peers.

The FIXED option seems to be a moo point as Disney does nothing to stem this behavior.

You make it sound as if there is a stampede of these guys roaming through the line, which is untrue. Again ill say it, at most its usually two people trying to catch up to the group, maybe three. They have become smart, they now buy fastpasses as a group and all together go in the line. And to avoid line cutting, just follow what our friend the OP had stated he did. If you must.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom