Trip Report I Succeeded Last Time, So….

…Here I Go Again!!

We had an uneventful flight & we’re on our way!!
IMG_2865.jpeg

Something eventful just happened, though. Someone in our party(guess who) just realized they forgot their magic band!!🙄

IMG_2864.jpeg

Back at the Pittsburgh airport when I noticed they were both wearing Pirate hats. Go Bucs!!

We had a 6:45 dinner reservation(wanted to schedule it a bit later so we weren’t rushed) but since we’re making good time I pushed it up a bit!!

We’ll be there soon!! Hope to have you follow along!!

riverside

Original Poster
First!!!!!

Here and ready to hear about your adventures.

I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to see what your crew gets up to this time. Living vicariously!!

YAY!!!! So excited you started this TR!!! You can't beat the BCV location! Enjoy your dinner wherever it is!!!

Hope you guys have a great trip!

So excited to follow along!

Have a great trip!!

Looks like a great time so far!! Garden Grill is my favorite, restaurant, character interaction. The food has always been delicious for us. Enjoy your much deserved time away and thank you🤗

Yay! You made it! What a perfect night in the Land pavilion! So glad Garden Grill hit the spot for you! :) :geek: Can't wait to hear about your amazing trip!

👏👏 for another trip report! Have a great trip!!
Thank you all!! So sorry for the late response!!
I can't lie, I love having bath tubs available to me on vacation.
I understand but it's just not my thing!!
Arrived & gone now!! I'm sure a few times since then!!:D
Been following the Pirates since Paul Skenes got called up ( Geaux Tigers! )
How about those Bucos!! They have been a lot of fun to watch!! Of course, I've only made it to one game this season & they lost that one!!

riverside

Original Poster
We never did Garden Grill with the family because A won't eat any of the food. We went there for breakfast in 2019 and the chef made him pancakes because he wouldn't eat any of the food and our server noticed and asked what he could bring us for him. I'd love to try it for dinner, but it's one that we can't really do with the boys because A won't eat any of it, and my husband is not a fan of most of it either. I think I need to just make E my standard travel partner and leave the boys home!! We have a much better time! How does the menu compare to Liberty Tree Tavern? It looks very similar. Is it? We (E and I) LOVE Liberty Tree Tavern.
I would say that LTT is definitely more like a traditional Thanksgiving meal than this. J liked Garden Grill so much that he kept asking to go back another time during the trip!!
Excited to see a live trip report from you! Have a fantastic time!
Thank you & we did!!
So pleased Garden Grill got the thumbs up from you as we are going to try it next year. How old is J now as he is getting so tall and catching mum up.
I'm sure you'll enjoy it!! He is 9 now!!
We are definitely going to try Garden Grill in October with all the great reviews it's gotten lately!!! You can't beat the views of the Boardwalk area at the Epcot resorts. Have a fun day at DHS and the pool!!!
It was so much better than the last time I ate there years ago. And we only booked that reservation the day before if I recall correctly!! I do love staying in that area!! October can't get here soon enough!!
Would you please ask J to stop growing?! 😉
Right??
Loving the live trip reporting!!

Max
Better than "the way behind in responding" I assume??
Yeah.

Dead trip reporting is a bummer.
Good one!!🤣
I am glad you are taking lots of brakes! That heat takes it out of us Pittsburgh people! Den is very jealous of the Cobb Salad pictures! I am just jealous period🤗 I hope you are up to no good right now!!
Like it's doing to me today here....I seriously can't wait for fall!!
I’m here following your adventures!! 😊
Stay cool and hydrate. Have a super time!!
Thank you & we had a great time!! Minus the darn heat!!
Does that bathtub in the room not have a door to it? Am I looking at it wrong?
I believe there is a door that separates it from the bedroom if my memory serves me correct.

riverside

Original Poster
I always do a double take when I see his picture, because I can't believe how big he's getting!
I can't believe it myself!!
Just got all caught up! Looks like a great time as usual. Enjoy!
Now I'm finally getting caught up!! Thank you!!
The best pool! How was the water temperature? Loving the report.
Unfortunately, the water was pretty warm. But I would rather have been in the pool than walking around in the heat!! Thank you!!
I cant argue with success! Have FUN!!!
Thanks, we did!!
I can't tell you how many times I've used that line!!
Brin and I are reading your TR together ❤ She saw the picture of Cindy Brady and said who is that🤣🤣😂🤣
When she saw the picture of Rob playing ball in the house, she said "wait! Is that the principal"? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Loving your MK day!! There is nothing like a nap on COP which I don't believe I have ever done but Den and all 3 children have definitely snored away.

I want to know about Tron!!🤗
She's never seen The Brady Bunch? I'm sure they have to be on reruns or something!!
I remember telling him that she said that. Of course, he thought it was hysterical!!
I love that attraction too much to fall asleep in it!!
Tron-short & sweet!! 🤣
I'm not a big fan of storm along bay because it always has a chaotic feel to it but I do like the sandy bottom area! We used to always eat at CHH when we had the dining plan but since we don't get it anymore, we hardly ever eat there. We always enjoyed sitting on the second-floor people watching the guests below. It's so easy to fall asleep at COP on a hot day although if J is reciting the storyline, it does keep you entertained enough to stay awake! 🤣 🤣
I can't handle the sandy bottom area. Uneven ground is too hard on me with my awful feet. When we were in Bermuda last month I really struggled walking on the beach.
I think of you every time we are on COP since that day he did that!!🤣

riverside

Original Poster
Woohoo!!! Have a great day!
Happy Sunny Day GIF by Yevbel
It was a wet one but still fun!!
Your dinner at Artist Pointe (or whatever it's now called 🤣) looked fantastic and it was so nice that they could add your friend to the reservation! We might try that out in October or December! The humidity is the one thing that really gets me in the summer months at WDW! So happy for you all that you got a Virtual Boarding Pass for TRON today!!! Have a fun day in the house of the Mouse!😍
I highly recommend it!! You won't be disappointed. The heat/humidity was pretty bad, even for that time of year.
R made the picture this time!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 Your meal at Chefs de France looks so good. The bread on the cheese board looks delish and the dessert is adorable!!! That is some torrential rainstorm!:oops:
Yeah, some things aren't worth fighting for.....
Food was good & I'm glad we had somewhere to wait out the rain. Plus, it was something new for all of them. I ate there years ago with my niece but no one else had!!
That rain is insane!
Yes, it was!! I felt like I was in Pittsburgh!! My poor Bella was freaking out at last nights storm!!
Loving all your sit down meals!! I hope the rain slows down tonight!
I love sit down meals also!! If I recall it rained pretty much all day!!
Sorry-that's what J calls him!!
How was Chefs de France? We ate there once a few years ago and it has likely been the biggest disappointment of any meal we’ve had at Disney. I’m hoping it was a fluke and/or they’ve gotten better!
It was pretty good!! I liked it the first time I ate there also so maybe it was a fluke?? Or I was just lucky??
You gotta do what you gotta do. :happy:
Exactly!!
Yep!!

riverside

Original Poster
Looks like a lot of animals were out and about!!!
Yes-it was so fun!! I still have to post the video!!
That pizza!!! Can’t wait till January to get it again
melissa mccarthy television GIF by Saturday Night Live
That's R's favorite!!
Love that S bought him the cotton candy - I too am that friend!
Am I being taken for a ride by my friends kid? Absolutely. Do I care? No way. 😁🤣. They are always too cute for me to care. 💕

Anxiously waiting for the @riverside @TheMouseFan @Tuvalu crossover photo!
Of course, we ended up throwing out quite a bit at the end of the trip!!
Unfortunately, that didn't happen. And I'm bummed b/c it could have. We were all in DS at the same time but I didn't know it!!
Funny how that happened!!
You know sometimes you just gotta! I wasn’t planning on our last trip but ended up getting it every day just to avoid those lines.
E, J & JSR were there last week & she ended up getting it for a few of their days too!! I guess I converted her!!
Oh, I learned it alright!! 🤣
Right!! Hey, you can't take it with you!!
Or in the case of R yesterday -

Animated GIF
Exactly!! Now, just wasting money bothers me!!

riverside

Original Poster
Disney's counting on guests throwing in the towel and buying the Genie+ or LL's because of the wait times. 🤣 Have a fun day at DHS! Wish I could fly down to meet you at Baseline Tap House!!!
I couldn't agree more!! I wish you could have also!!
You are definitely turning to the dark side!!!😁
Yep. Did it once then I was hooked....unfortunately!
Wait... you went on TOT??
Suspicious Eva Green GIF by James Bond 007
I'm just full of surprises!!
I noticed the popcorn bucket right away and had a chuckle. The pics of R sleeping gave me another chuckle. The beers at Baseline just made me jealous. :joyfull: So glad you're taking the time to do this and keep us all entertained!
I'm glad you're entertained by us!!
So... if you can go on TOT with S today then you can definitely go on with us in October!
Its Happening Turn Around GIF by Britannia
You know it!!
And again, and again.....
I won nothing!! I didn't go on!!
Do you remember your servers name at all??? Was it Miranda???
That is correct!!

riverside

Original Poster
Can’t wait to hear how it was!!
The rest of the group enjoyed it!! I can't comment since I didn't go on it!!
You had quite the busy day yesterday!!! I want to go on TOT with you in October too!!! 🤣 🤣 I love when you can spot Fireworks from your balcony! It looks like you're all having a lot of fun on this trip!
Looks like we're all in for TOT then!! I wonder if J will want to sit with you again? It was a great trip!!
J looks a bit terrified by it! :hilarious:
I must have caught him at the wrong moment b/c he really did like it!!
Sadly we did not cross paths with the park commandos.

See Ya Goodbye GIF by Kids' Choice Awards' Choice Awards
I hope it's soon!!
Glad that you both could enjoy that nostalgic experience one more time, before they closed it. Wish they just left it there in Frontierland.
Thanks-you & me both!! J would have stayed there all day if I let him!!
Have a safe trip home! Please leave those temperatures down there! Great job on the live TR! I really enjoyed all the pics but especially the sit down meal pictures, because as you know, we are such foodies. I am glad R got a chance to relax a lot and E didn't seem to be on the phone as much! Enjoy Epcot today. I can't wait to read about today and hear your final thoughts.
I feel like it's been the summer of high temps!! R definitely takes things at an easier pace than I do. And relaxes a lot more!! E didn't seem to be working that much for sure!!
WOW, you really had a packed filled day yesterday!!! I love those types of park days, but my dear husband doesn't anymore, so we always seem to take resort breaks each day. I'm glad you got a picture taken at the shootin gallery in Frontierland being that it will be converted to a DVC lounge. I'm happy about the lounge but I do hate losing another original opening day attraction. 😥 Bummer that your drinks weren't very good at the Enchanted Rose bar being that they are pretty expensive there!!! Hope you enjoy your last day in the parks today!
I'm glad we didn't so S could experience as much as he could!! If he wouldn't have been there we may have slowed it down a bit. Also, having LL kept us going!! If I remember correctly I think our Enchanted Rose bill was around $120.00!!
It was the luck of the Irish to walk right into Ratatouille like that!!! Sounds like the perfect day so far. We haven't been to Tutto Gusto in about 5 years because it's always so busy when we visit it! Hope you have a wonderful rest of your day and a great flight home. 🥰 I love following along on your live TR's!!!
Yes it was!! I am Irish so.....
E really likes it there so we seem to have been going there more frequently!!
Thank you!! I can't wait for the next one!!
So fun that you were able to make the meet-up happen! The long march to the Mears shuttle is always sad on the back end of a trip. 😥 You certainly made a lot of great memories on this trip Patti! Hope to see you in October!!!
I was too!! I just wish we could have spent more time together!!
We'll make a lot of memories in October also!!

riverside

Original Poster
Thanks for letting us come along for the fun!
Thank you for reading!!
See you really soon🤗 Safe travels!
You have & definitely will again!!
As majestic as I find them, hippos are one of the few things that truly scare me.
I have heard that they can be really mean.
I'm bracing both my mind and my wallet for what's about to happen with all of the Genie+, LLs, etc.
Get ready!!
You really need to post a nap photo montage to show R…!!!!! 😅:hilarious:😉
I really should!!
Thanks for sharing your trip, it looked like a blast!
Thank you!! It would have been better if we could have met up with you & Brad at Baseline!!
Awww sad to always leave. That just shows what a great vacation you had. Safe travels and thanks for sharing your trip.😊
Thank you!! It was great!!
As usual, I enjoyed another one of your fun TRs! Thank you for letting us tag along. Hoping you return soon to the parks!
Thank you & I'm glad you enjoyed it!! Unfortunately, I won't be back until October!!
That was fun, thanks for taking us along! Love all the sleeping pictures 😂
Thank you!! I'll let him know you said that!!
Another amazing TR and trip. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks so much!!
Enjoyed reading. Thanks for taking the time to share.
Glad you enjoyed it!!
What a great live TR you gave us. Hope R gets lots of rest this summer holiday before he goes back to work.
Thanks!! He actually works all year round(maybe that's why he sleeps so much!!) Teachers don't work during the summer months but the principals still have to.
Thank you for sharing!! Another A+
Thank you so much!!
Rose Mciver Win GIF by CBS

You’re two for two now! Thank you for all your trip reports (even the unfinished ones). :)

One question - I’ve read that sometimes Beach Club balconies are shared. Did you have to share one? Or maybe it’s just the non-DVC rooms?
How about that!! I'm amazed myself!! Thank you!!
Glad you didn't have to wait for me to answer that!!
LSU fan here too...Skenes is killing it in the majors, but sure missed him in Baton Rouge this season!
And we love him here!!
Wow, you kids sure got a lot done on this trip! I guess those extra Genie dollars make the difference? Sorry you had to pay it, but glad it helped S have such a great trip with you all. R is absolutely the King of Power Naps! Thanks for the report and we'll see you next time!
Yes they really did!! If I had to guess he's probably sleeping now as I'm typing this--it's that time of day!! Thank you!!
Great report. I was cracking up at all the napping photos!
Thank you!! A typical day in his life!!
Great trip report! The napping photos are great :)
Thank you!! I'm glad you liked them!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom