I saw monorail teal!!!

s8film40

I believe it was reported here that Teal consisted of mostly monorail Pink equipment, with the good cab from Purple. Whether Teal contains any other Purple cars, I haven't seen a definitive, confimed answer, but someone here did state (speculate?) it may be just the cab car.

Well give it about a year and you'll be able tell when the teal paint starts wearing off and a little bit of Pink or Purple starts being visible.

Tom

Beta Return
So they rebuilt Teal out of the 2 old trains and are going to build an additional brand new one? Wouldn't it have been a wiser investment to just build 2 brand new Mark VIII trains like Disneyland did and slowly over time phase out the current fleet?

Starting a new fleet would be a major undertaking and investment. Not only would they lose another year of use of 12 trains while they design and build a new one, but it never fails that new trains mean updating and refurbing every station and platform to accommodate them.

DL's monorails are more of a ride/attraction than a mode of transportation. And apparently they didn't have anything better to spend that money on while WDW does.

Aroomadoomie

Am i the only one who thinks building a new train out of the remaining pieces of a train that a guy died in is creepy, and i heard they are using the rest of the trains to make next years including the nose cones from the two wrecked ones

Tom

Beta Return
Am i the only one who thinks building a new train out of the remaining pieces of a train that a guy died in is creepy, and i heard they are using the rest of the trains to make next years including the nose cones from the two wrecked ones

I would say that if they actually refurbished and used the crushed cabs from Pink and Purple....that would be creepy. An RA was shot and killed in his room in my dorm a few years before I lived there, and they still used that room (after a bit of cleaning). That's creepy.

However, Monorail 12 will only have a few refurbished middle cars and brand new cabs (perhaps using a few parts and/or frames from Pink/Purple). Along the lines of what unkadug said, that would be like saying the lobby of my old dorm is creepy because a guy was shot in a room on the 3rd floor.

Sad? Yes. Tragic? Yes. Creepy? Not to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom