I saw monorail teal!!!

Main Street USA

Zac...

Do what I do.

Read and laugh.

I find that most of us that have been here for quite some time now are just old and ornery.

BTW... I've worn-out some of my old Virtual Visit T's. Man I wish you still screen-printed them like you did back in the day. :D
I usually do just that. Read and laugh. Although, over the past week here, I've had a horrible cold, and the reading and laughing has turned to reading and head shaking. The tolerance is a little low. ;)

Tom

Beta Return
I usually do just that. Read and laugh. Although, over the past week here, I've had a horrible cold, and the reading and laughing has turned to reading and head shaking. The tolerance is a little low. ;)

I was wondering why you went so "Grumpity Groo" on us! Chug some NyQuil and take it easy! :p

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Didn't see it mentioned so....

Do we know if Teal is Purple with the good cab from Pink or Pink with the good cab from Purple?

s8film40

That's fine. It's painted like an airplane.

Still missing the point, though. If they want it there, they'll put it there. Still....no discussion to be had. They know more than all of you, and they also know MUCH better than all of you. They'll do what they want.

No decision within WDW management or in WDI has EVER been made based on reading this forum discussion. Some of you seem to believe otherwise.

All of that being said, and so that my point is clear, I have no problem whatsoever with giving an opinion about the color, the deltas, etc. The problem lies within calling the people actually RESPONSIBLE for doing the job stupid. Or saying they're doing a bad job when YOU know nothing about the progress or when it will be finished...or what the finished job will look like.

You're in the dark, and you're in the dark for a reason. It's not your job. It's not your decision.

I agree with you that Disney is not going to be listening to the opinions and ideas posted hear. However I have to strongly disagree that they know more than me, I am only one person don't have a staff of painters and don't have a supposed million dollar paint booth but I certainly understand the concept of a stencil and know how to use them. If I were painting something that were going to be seen by even a few hundred people I would certainly be able to ensure that it would have a clean and consistent paint job. I think it's very likely that they will fix the delta before sending the train out but I wouldn't be completely shocked if they didn't, most of the trains have some pretty obvious painting errors even to the casual observer. You are right that we can not criticize the work before it is complete, but when you look at a consistent record of making mistakes it's not a huge leap to assume something might not end up being done right.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict

Still missing the point, though. If they want it there, they'll put it there. Still....no discussion to be had. They know more than all of you, and they also know MUCH better than all of you. They'll do what they want.

No decision within WDW management or in WDI has EVER been made based on reading this forum discussion. Some of you seem to believe otherwise.

All of that being said, and so that my point is clear, I have no problem whatsoever with giving an opinion about the color, the deltas, etc. The problem lies within calling the people actually RESPONSIBLE for doing the job stupid. Or saying they're doing a bad job when YOU know nothing about the progress or when it will be finished...or what the finished job will look like.

You're in the dark, and you're in the dark for a reason. It's not your job. It's not your decision.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

disneymoc

I wish I could say I was surprised to see "some of you" being upset about the color of teal. Really. The color of teal. Should it be a darker teal? Should it be a little lighter color teal? Is that really teal? Shouldn't teal look like this? If it were real teal it would be good. Where is the 6th delta?

OH MY GOD.

If they want a delta on the 6th car they'll just cut it out of the damn vinyl. It's not a discussion. They already know it's different from the rest of the cars. It's not news to them. They'll do what they please.

By all means, though. Call them stupid. Same as the Space Mountain refurb. They're the dumb ones. Riiiiiiiiight.

WOW.

I know you have been here longer than most of us. But your superior attitude is simply rude and uncalled for. Normally I don't post in response to posts like yours, but COME ON! Get over yourself and let people have fun on this forum.

WDW Monorail

Stop thinking so logically. It is frowned upon in today's world.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
"Quote:
Originally Posted by Main Street USA
I wish I could say I was surprised to see "some of you" being upset about the color of teal. Really. The color of teal. Should it be a darker teal? Should it be a little lighter color teal? Is that really teal? Shouldn't teal look like this? If it were real teal it would be good. Where is the 6th delta?

OH MY GOD.

If they want a delta on the 6th car they'll just cut it out of the damn vinyl. It's not a discussion. They already know it's different from the rest of the cars. It's not news to them. They'll do what they please.

By all means, though. Call them stupid. Same as the Space Mountain refurb. They're the dumb ones. Riiiiiiiiight.

WOW.

I know you have been here longer than most of us. But your superior attitude is simply rude and uncalled for. Normally I don't post in response to posts like yours, but COME ON! Get over yourself and let people have fun on this forum."

Let's all of us just take it easy here. Disney will color the monrails pink, teal, or camoflauge if they so choose. No sense in all of us getting upset or insulting each over it.....

Someone needs to take a chill pill and relax because you sounded very stupid. Anyways, I look forward to seeing Monorail Teal very soon painted or not, deltas or not :)

CDavid

Do we know if Teal is Purple with the good cab from Pink or Pink with the good cab from Purple?

I believe it was reported here that Teal consisted of mostly monorail Pink equipment, with the good cab from Purple. Whether Teal contains any other Purple cars, I haven't seen a definitive, confimed answer, but someone here did state (speculate?) it may be just the cab car.

tntornadox

I do believe the entire train is Pink save for the damaged rear cab which is the undamaged rear cab from Purple. Just look at the pictures from earlier- the balloons on the windows match except for the last cab's... therefore... it is from Purple.

marr5

it could be entirely possible that the last two cars came from Purple as the last two cars from Pink could have been damaged. I do not know if the coupling and frame was damaged at all in the second car of Pink as the rear cab was ontop of purple.

Tom

Beta Return
Didn't see it mentioned so....

It's very possible that it's 50/50. With the impact that has been reported/presumed, it's likely that more than just the cab was damaged on one or both trains - specifically the framework.

It was also discussed in another thread that all the monorails had different colored balloons on the windows of the cabs. So, there are no visual clues as to which cars came from which trains - only speculation.

So, has a delta been confirmed on Teal or was that desired speculation?

Yes, a photo taken by a CM last week showed a delta at least on car 2 (or 5). In fact, there was (and probably still is) a huge argument about how "stupid" Disney is for not putting the deltas on the cabs too, and that they've screwed up every monorail they've ever painted. :rolleyes:

Admiral01

Premium Member
I spoke to a Monorail Pilot at MK on Monday early afternoon. He indicated that Monorail Teal will definitely have deltas, and it was his understanding that Teal was made up of the good half of Pink and good half of Purple. 50/50 split. That was his understanding. The other Pilot standing with him knew nothing about Teal. I also asked about the new #12, and he said, with a smirk, that Disney doesn't tell the Monorail Pilots anything. "Legos in a box" is, I believe, how he explained the Monorail Pilots and WDW Cast.

Anticitizen One

So they rebuilt Teal out of the 2 old trains and are going to build an additional brand new one? Wouldn't it have been a wiser investment to just build 2 brand new Mark VIII trains like Disneyland did and slowly over time phase out the current fleet?

Monorail Lime

So they rebuilt Teal out of the 2 old trains and are going to build an additional brand new one? Wouldn't it have been a wiser investment to just build 2 brand new Mark VIII trains like Disneyland did and slowly over time phase out the current fleet?
As with Teal, next year's monorail will also be a Mark VI constructed from elements of Pink and Purple. The nose sections are being replaced with brand new shells that will use the existing design.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom