I saw monorail teal!!!

hpyhnt 1000

How on earth do you manage to put the delta on five of the cars but forget it on the sixth car? :brick:Otherwise, its looking nice, though I still think the color is a bit too light. Thanks for the video link. :wave:

DonaldDoleWhip

They definitely named it wrong (and it's ridiculous that they forgot to put the delta on a car), but I prefer this color to actual teal. I like pastels.

rock_doctor

Something similar happened back then.

Monorail Blue rear-ended Monorail Red (these were the old trains, the Mark IV's - before the MAPO system) and to cover it up over night they combined the two good ends of the trains. No serious injuries, however.
Ya know i actually liked the old trains more then the current Bombardier trains. But i guess the old ones were not as wheel chair accessible as the current ones. But i still liked the Mark IVs better, much more comfortable seating. Plus i loved hearing the doors slammed in succession as the station personal closed them... Was sad when they went with the Bomb. ones.

Slowjack

They couldn't make the tight turns required from the track and ended up ripping the skirts off the bottom of the cars due to lack of foresight.
Strictly speaking, I'd call that a lack of hindsight. After all, the old trains made the turns fine.:)

captain marvel1

just had a thought wouldnt it be smarter if they had strobe lights on monorails sorta like buses and it would flash in another monorail cab if it gets to close.

Moustronaut

im not sure of the delta some of you speak of. any pictures? and what does it mean to the monorail? pleading ignorance.:brick:

There is a white cut out in the colored stripe under the large window in the middle of each car. The delta shape is on the two (now three) trains that might get confused with other colors. All other trains have a continuous color stripe from nose to tail.

Coral has the white delta under the large middle window so it wouldn't be confused with Pink.
Lime has the white delta so it's not confused with Green.

And now Teal does so it won't be confused with blue.

Monorail Lime

Looks sharp!

It has always been my opinion that cars 1 and 6 of Coral and Lime look imbalanced due to their off-center deltas. I doubt Teal's paint job is final at this point but I for one wouldn't mind if they leave the deltas as-is.

captain marvel1

no i mean if it come close a strobe flashes in the cabin and a voice would shriek warning warning. sorta like fighter jets when they go through a jet stream and they go into a stall. of the plane going down.

Figment82

I still find it amusing that everyone calls them "deltas" when they're trapezoids. A delta is a triangular shape... I guess it's a word choice that's here to stay, lol! :)

peter11435

no i mean if it come close a strobe flashes in the cabin and a voice would shriek warning warning. sorta like fighter jets when they go through a jet stream and they go into a stall. of the plane going down.
Essentially you are describing the MAPO anti-collision system that is already installed on the monorails and has been for decades.

Is teal in service yet?

I have a game that I play with my 3 daughters regarding the monorails. We all pick 2 or 3 colors and then everytime we see our color we have to yell it out and give a 'woop-woop'. No matter where we are on the grounds. My girls love it and it lets me act like a kid.

It would be cool to have teal as one of my colors

Edit: We will be there this Friday 10/30 - Nov 5

Monorail_Orange

They definitely named it wrong (and it's ridiculous that they forgot to put the delta on a car), but I prefer this color to actual teal. I like pastels.

Just a thought to all discussing the "forgotten" delta on Cab 1. Perhaps the original plan was to paint the train without the deltas, thinking the color selected would turn out darker. But after Cab 1 dried, the paint shop saw how much lighter it turned out, and rather than selecting a new color, (and hence spending money for all-new paint - which ain't cheap - ahem, TDO, one more thing not done right :lookaroun) they elected to add deltas to the remaining cabs. Once the entire train's stripe is finished, they'll go back and fix Cab 1. :veryconfu

Simply a somewhat educated theory based on personal experiences with paint - both on cars and buildings. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom