I saw Figment!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'm impressed.....this ride was in the true spirt of epcot and almost certainly in the vision of what should always be in the JII pavillion.

Matt56

Original Ride

Hello,
Thanks for the video of the new ride.

Does anyone have a video of the original ride featured the dreamfinder guy?
Thanks!
Matt

Archie the Cat

We just saw the video and are really impressed! It's time to renew those annual passes and get back down to Epcot. :) You'll never have the original back, but this most certainly is in the spirit of it. Maybe this will teach Disney a lesson and remind them how much a theme song to an attraction adds to it.

Cliff

I have always believed that music plays a critical role in the theme of any attraction.

I hope "Mission:Space" has some kind of powerfull melody tied to it.

How 'bout some of the old orchestration tracks from "Horrizons"?? Y'know a re recording of that "Space" scene music. Lush orchestra tracks....ahh yes.

CT : - )

Cliff

Could you imagine "Star Wars" or "ET" or "Indiana Jones" done with no music at all?

Can you imagine "Journey Into Imagination" without "One Little Spark"?

Wait a minute,....that actually happened once!!!

[shudder!!!]

"Mission: Space" needs good theme music!!!

I hope Imagineers are reading!!

Luau Cove

I couldn't stop the temptation and saw the video just once to see what we are talking about. I realized Figment's voice is quite different. Not that I don't like it, but you can notice someone else is behind the purple creation. In the last scenario, where all the figment's sing the chorus of the song, I think they mixed the old tune with the new voice...

-->LUAU

woofboy111

for those of you who saw the ride in person...did they fix the problem of having too much dark empty space like they had on their last try? You can't really see that in the video.

Cliff

Well,...there is still a good deal of "dead space".

For a few more dollars, they could fill it in with a few more minor things.

I spoke to two imagineers on June 1. There was one that brought his little daugher to ride with him.

He mentioned to me while waiting in line that they are not finished yey. They still plan painting more and making modifications to the Figment in the sound room. He said they are going to make turn left and right to the audiences.

He also tole me that EVERYTHING on display in the ride que behind that cage was used in the original JII ride. ( Speakers, cables, glass balls, tape recorders....all that stuff)

I wonder what more they are doing. He gave me the impression that they were forced to open it before it was 100% complete and that he wasn't happy about it.

thumper

Originally posted by 10021982
He also tole me that EVERYTHING on display in the ride que behind that cage was used in the original JII ride. ( Speakers, cables, glass balls, tape recorders....all that stuff)

I was just going to ask about that! When we were in the queue last week, I thought that color wheel on display looked familiar! It's great that they saved some of the original memoribilia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom