I really need your advice, please

fairport

Original Poster
I am holidaying at Disney later in the summer. My son is a HUGE Peter Pan fan. My son is 6 and has Downs Syndrome.
I would very much like for him to attend the Neverland Childrens Club at The Polynesian Resort at some point during our holiday.
Disney require children to be potty trained, unfortunately, he isn't. Do you know if that make exceptions for children with Disabilities?
I was wondering if it would be possible for him to attend if we stayed close by so that we could be contacted and go straight back if he needed to be changed. Or maybe I could attend with him?
What does American law say about this type of thing? Here in the UK there are laws that would prevent this from happening and if it did happen there would be a huge fuss made.
Does anyone have any contact emails addresses for anyone at disney who you think might be able to help me?
[FONT=' mso-fareast-font-family: ' mso-ansi-language: EN-GB]Thanks in advance for your help[/FONT]

bayoumoon

You could try openmouse.com or allears.net they have a section of information and you could e-mail Deb Wills of allears.net she is always willing to help with special situations. If she doesn't know, she would be able to find out for sure. The next best thing would be to call the hotel itself and see. Good luck, I'll be pulling for you.

The Mom

Premium Member
I am holidaying at Disney later in the summer. My son is a HUGE Peter Pan fan. My son is 6 and has Downs Syndrome.
I would very much like for him to attend the Neverland Childrens Club at The Polynesian Resort at some point during our holiday.
Disney require children to be potty trained, unfortunately, he isn't. Do you know if that make exceptions for children with Disabilities?
I was wondering if it would be possible for him to attend if we stayed close by so that we could be contacted and go straight back if he needed to be changed. Or maybe I could attend with him?
What does American law say about this type of thing? Here in the UK there are laws that would prevent this from happening and if it did happen there would be a huge fuss made.
Does anyone have any contact emails addresses for anyone at disney who you think might be able to help me?
[FONT=' mso-fareast-font-family: ' mso-ansi-language: EN-GB]Thanks in advance for your help[/FONT]

Yes, according to what I've read elsewhere, they do make exceptions. And yes, you may have to be prepared to come back ASAP for any potty issues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom