I really miss The Walt Disney World Railroad

Goofyernmost

Actually, I've always loved the Peoplemover at WDW! :happy: It's a pleasant attraction, lasts for approx. 10 minutes, and the breeze from the ride is also a way to cool down a bit on a hot, humid day down there in FL.
That is why it is so popular, it certainly isn't because of the entertainment factor. However, it seem like there were more things in those currently dark areas in the early years than there is now. I could be confusing that with the original backlot tour in Disney/MGM. Plus you could see the Space Mtn. rockets zoom by through the windows because of the glow in the dark strips on the vehicles.

Disstevefan1

The WDWRR closed on December 3, 2018.
Ellen's energy Adventure closed on August 13, 2017.
Who knows when these will be completed?
I will remind everyone, from the first drawings of Disneyland to opening day was 23 months..

MinnieM123

Premium Member
That is why it is so popular, it certainly isn't because of the entertainment factor. However, it seem like there were more things in those currently dark areas in the early years than there is now. I could be confusing that with the original backlot tour in Disney/MGM. Plus you could see the Space Mtn. rockets zoom by through the windows because of the glow in the dark strips on the vehicles.
The entertainment factor may be a different experience for different guests. Speaking for myself, I think the attraction has plenty of entertainment (love the views of the park from the outdoor elevated track, as well as the indoor exhibits), but I also appreciate the fact that it's a nice long ride with cool breezes, as a bonus.

Goofyernmost

The entertainment factor may be a different experience for different guests. Speaking for myself, I think the attraction has plenty of entertainment (love the views of the park from the outdoor elevated track, as well as the indoor exhibits), but I also appreciate the fact that it's a nice long ride with cool breezes, as a bonus.
Maybe, but it is still sitting on a moving bench and riding through air and dark tunnels. Whatever floats one's boat. I understand though, I still ride it at least once every time I visit. If I ride at night and it isn't to busy, when we get to unload I just put up my "index" finger make a circular motion indicating that I want to go around again and they nod yes and I'm off on a new adventure.

celluloid

That is the biggest issue. The trip through Space Mountain portion is almost pointless as there is very little to look at or draw your attention to right now.

Tink76

I have been just about every time of the year except Summer and have never experienced a line. Maybe the summer or a holiday is the answer. I just have had the good fortune to not have had to wait in line. I did have to climb up the ramp once when it was broken.
I went during the winter break for Texas and Michigan school districts. Hands down not the time to do the MK. Long wait lines for everything. First time I was shocked to see a 90 minute wait for Wedway.

Goofyernmost

I went during the winter break for Texas and Michigan school districts. Hands down not the time to do the MK. Long wait lines for everything. First time I was shocked to see a 90 minute wait for Wedway.
The majority of my trips were mid to late February. I have been in December, March, April, May and Sept. I can't speak for every possible time of the years, but I do know that except for the last time in Sept. 2019 it was never more then a walk on. Apparently mileage may vary from day to day.

NelsonRD

I would expect some tunnel, if for at least fume management. But nothing surprises me anymore. Has there been any confirmation on this?

Club Cooloholic

Its ridiculous. This is one where I think Walt really would have been disgusted. Down for 6 months.. down for a year.. down for 2 years? I said it before there are kids that were born, were super Thomas The Tank Engine fans for awhile and train crazy and have now moved on and MK had no train to offer them that entire time and still doesn't.

Disstevefan1

Its ridiculous. This is one where I think Walt really would have been disgusted. Down for 6 months.. down for a year.. down for 2 years? I said it before there are kids that were born, were super Thomas The Tank Engine fans for awhile and train crazy and have now moved on and MK had no train to offer them that entire time and still doesn't.
The WDW RR closed on December 3, 2018.
Ellen's energy Adventure closed on August 13, 2017. Guardians just opened recently.
Who knows when we will get the WDW RR back?
I will remind everyone, from the first drawings of Disneyland to opening day was 23 months..

DisAl

Picture from June 5, 2022
DSCN8164.JPG

TrainsOfDisney

While true about Disneyland, the attractions offered on opening day were very, very simple.
Not really. Jungle Cruise, the Disneyland Railroad, Mine Train, Steamboat - these are arguably more complex to build than most modern day attractions and Disney actually built most of them. They built the 2 steam locomotives from scratch!

Wilbret

I can't believe they haven't even been running at least one in a back and forth motion, or something.
Trains have reverse, right? Could even be one train from main station to Frontier, then Frontier to Fantasy, etc.

I dunno, just seems crazy they wouldn't want a people eating attraction at least partially running.

TrainsOfDisney

I can't believe they haven't even been running at least one in a back and forth motion, or something.
Trains have reverse, right? Could even be one train from main station to Frontier, then Frontier to Fantasy, etc.

I dunno, just seems crazy they wouldn't want a people eating attraction at least partially running.
This has been discussed before. It’s physically possible. A shuttle from Frontierland to Fantasyland would have made the most sense in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom