I really miss The Walt Disney World Railroad

DisAl

From what I just saw posted on another website (BlogMickey.com) the train WILL go under the TRON coaster. It still says they are building a tunnel, I guess to protect the coaster from the locomotive smoke.

Cmdr_Crimson

From what I just saw posted on another website (BlogMickey.com) the train WILL go under the TRON coaster. It still says they are building a tunnel, I guess to protect the coaster from the locomotive smoke.
I found a close up of the concept art guess it's not going to match and it shows it goes under a plaza in the center..
screen-shot-2019-05-16-at-101240-am-2*750xx2560-1440-0-0.png

Tink76

I was on the Wedway People Mover yesterday and was disheartened to see track just abruptly stop and disappear by the Tron construction site. Glad to hear they still have plans to keep the iconic WD mainstay in the park.

91JLovesDisney

I think my favorite part of the Railroad is seeing all the lands from angles you don't normally see, and for some reason I enjoy watching the guests almost as if from a spectator standpoint if that makes any sense 🤣

Goofyernmost

Even if the trains were running....You'd still have that long wait time for the Peoplemover...
It is amazing how popular Peoplemover got once they stopped running it for a long period of time. For all the years I have been going there, until recently I have never seen a line at that attraction. Just say you can't have it and all of a sudden people cannot exist without it.

celluloid

It is amazing how popular Peoplemover got once they stopped running it for a long period of time. For all the years I have been going there, until recently I have never seen a line at that attraction. Just say you can't have it and all of a sudden people cannot exist without it.

It has an incredible capacity. It has been getting more and more lines in recent years because of the bad reliability. We rode it on October 4th and it did not stop at all for us and my wife made a joke about how that has not happened in a long time. This was our first visit in six years.

We got off and while waiting for rider swap for Space Mountain it was getting evacuated.

Goofyernmost

I was on the Wedway People Mover yesterday and was disheartened to see track just abruptly stop and disappear by the Tron construction site. Glad to hear they still have plans to keep the iconic WD mainstay in the park.
There would be absolutely no reason to be disheartened to see track missing. There is going to be a long period of time with construction equipment driving across the area where the track was. It is exponentially easier to just tear them out and rebuild them after Tron is done then to repair that limited length of track after dozers, backhoes and bucket loaders have messed them all up. It is a very normal process for something like this. Doesn't signify that the train isn't coming back even a little.

Tink76

It has an incredible capacity. It has been getting more and more lines in recent years because of the bad reliability. We rode it on October 4th and it did not stop at all for us and my wife made a joke about how that has not happened in a long time. This was our first visit in six years.

We got off and while waiting for rider swap for Space Mountain it was getting evacuated.
Even if the trains were running....You'd still have that long wait time for the Peoplemover...
Not so long ago there was never a wait for the people mover. For many year you could get on very quickly.

Cmdr_Crimson

Not so long ago there was never a wait for the people mover. For many year you could get on very quickly.
The time I was there in January 2016 both train and TTA were running and The TTA had a huge line on the days I was there this was during tour group and cheerleading competition season ..

Goofyernmost

The time I was there in January 2016 both train and TTA were running and The TTA had a huge line on the days I was there this was during tour group and cheerleading competition season ..
Special situations don't count. Nothing is worth waiting for when the cheerleader competition is happening. Man those girls are loud and when in the tunnels of the Peoplemover the noise is almost painful. Regularly though, from my time of visiting between 1983 and until very recently, it was never a situation. The load capacity is gigantic on the train and I think that lately there is no effort to fill the cars up. It could be because there isn't much of anything else worth seeing in Tomorrowland.

Michaelson

That's interesting. Every year WE'VE been there's ALWAYS been a LONG line, and that was before it had issues.:confused:

It's probably the time of day, too, as about mid day and later folks are looking for a place to sit down for a period of time to rest....and with the Energy ride long gone, the People Mover is the next best thing to catch your breath on.

Regards! Michaelson

Goofyernmost

That's interesting. Every year WE'VE been there's ALWAYS been a LONG line, and that was before it had issues.:confused:

It's probably the time of day, too, as about mid day and later folks are looking for a place to sit down for a period of time to rest....and with the Energy ride long gone, the People Mover is the next best thing to catch your breath on.

Regards! Michaelson
I have been just about every time of the year except Summer and have never experienced a line. Maybe the summer or a holiday is the answer. I just have had the good fortune to not have had to wait in line. I did have to climb up the ramp once when it was broken.

DisAl

I have been just about every time of the year except Summer and have never experienced a line. Maybe the summer or a holiday is the answer. I just have had the good fortune to not have had to wait in line. I did have to climb up the ramp once when it was broken.
Maybe it's just that nobody wants to ride with you. ;)
(Sorry, I just couldn't resist.)
I never have that problem because I tell my family if they won't ride with me I won't pay for the trip. :rolleyes:

Goofyernmost

Maybe it's just that nobody wants to ride with you. ;)
(Sorry, I just couldn't resist.)
I never have that problem because I tell my family if they won't ride with me I won't pay for the trip.
It could be that I would get on first sit real quick and put my legs and feet up across the entrance so no one else could get on. ;) :p You might have a point though because when I went with the family four of us would fill the car up nicely, but when I started to go solo they still just put me on alone. Must be that same natural look I had that used to scare the hell out of my daughters boyfriends. At my wife's grave side service one of my son in laws got up to say a few words. He talked about how nice she had been to him when he visited us in Vermont from Colorado. As a contrast he felt it necessary to say that I, on the other hand, was big and scary. I was OK with that.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Actually, I've always loved the Peoplemover at WDW! :happy: It's a pleasant attraction, lasts for approx. 10 minutes, and the breeze from the ride is also a way to cool down a bit on a hot, humid day down there in FL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom