I never got to go on Alien Encounters

El_Chupacabra

Original Poster
i have the sound of the whole show/ride though but i really wanted to go onto it

has anyone been on stitch's great escape yet?

i wanted to experience it but o well i suppose

goofyfan13

I would say go on it just to be dazzled by that purely amazing animatronic. However if you want to go on it to actually witness the story, don't waste your time.

I can't believe that they would put that amazing of an animatronic in an absolutely horrible excuse of a replacement for AE.

RonAnnArbor

Well...actually...if you go on SGE you ARE in essence getting the same experience as you would have on AE - Stitch was an attempt to salvage an Michael Eisner attraction that never worked. The special effects are, for the most part, the same.

nybound

Am I the only one here who didn't like AE? That, and I have no lament for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, either. I see what people write about these rides, and I wonder what it was I was missing.

Anyway, my Stitch-crazed DD6 rode SGE, and even she didn't like it.

golenium

I too never got to go on Alien Encounter as I didn't get to go to Disney from June 1995 until April 2004! In that time I also missed out on the departure of Mr. Toad (my favorite ride ever), Horizons, World of Motion, and 20000 Leagues, oh well....

Stitch is ok. If you like It's Tough to Be a Bug, it's kind of similar in that the seats fight back, but nowhere near as entertaining. The story is fairly inane and the odor he emits upon belching in your face is rather disgusting, but I suggest you try it for yourself at least once!

bears163

El_Chupacabra said:
i have the sound of the whole show/ride though but i really wanted to go onto it

has anyone been on stitch's great escape yet?

i wanted to experience it but o well i suppose

i am very sorry for your lose. that is very very sad. if you had the option of going on SGE or having every hair on your body being pulled out with tweezers. pick the tweezers. DO NOT GO ON SGE. THE WORST SHOW EVER

wannab@dis

Let them make up their own mind. A lot of people like it and think it's a good show. Just saying "it sucks" or "worse show ever" is not really helpful. It's ok that you feel that way, but it would be more helpful to the OP if you tell everyone why. Is it the story, the AA, the effects?

Also, it's Stitch... not Stich. :wave:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
While I'm not crazy about Stitch either, I would say if there isn't a line, do give it a try.

It is a shadow of AE, so if you can imagine a preshow with intergalactic used car salesmen...no, more like political spin-masters mixed with a little bit of Ron Popiel, instead of the galactic prison guard thing you have a start.

Then in the show chamber, picture instead of an annoying Stitch that isn't anywhere near as clever as in the movie, that talks and laughs incessantly to convince children that there is nothing to be afraid of, a large alien (as in the movie Alien) who is truly a predator stalking you while you're trapped in your seat, eating a few guests, and coming very close to you in the pitch black...

...you have it.

RonAnnArbor

ClemsonTigger said:
who is truly a predator stalking you while you're trapped in your seat, eating a few guests, and coming very close to you in the pitch black...

...you have it.

Yup...same ride...plus, don't forget to add Children screaming their heads off dragged on by their parents, and you have STITCH summed up...

justducky78

I've never been on Stitch but I went on Alien Encounters several years ago and hated it...so you didn't miss anything. We were expecting it to be scary, and it wasn't and felt like a waste of time. I DID not like being restrained, either, it was very uncomfortable.

jeffb

I thought themeing of AE was very good, the "Seize the Future" and "XS- Tech" was clever, and the preshow was fantanstic. But the actual 'ride' was really unimpressive. It wasn't much fun and I never really felt compelled to go back on it again unless I could walk right on.

It made me miss Mission To Mars in all its corny glory even more.

JustYourVoice

I'm still kicking myself for being too scared to ride AE the many times we went to WDW when I was a kid. Oh well, I rode SGE and it wasn't completely horrible I suppose.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I liked AE, but don't really like Stitch. I do agree with the sentiment that the Stitch animatronic is nice. I think SGE is really questionable if you have a little on that likes Stitch cuz it may leave them a bit conflicted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom