I need Your help!

TonyBaxter

Original Poster
I'm a student of biology at the University of Oldenburg, Germany, and going to write my master thesis at the institute for biology-didactic.

Disney's Animal Kingdom will be one of my focal points.

Because of that I will make an online-survey to exam the educational aspect of the zoo.

It would be great if you could take part at this survey:

http://www.student.uni-oldenburg.de/volker.gerdes/

Thank you for your time and effort!

barnum42

I've just taken the survey. One little request - error messages and the completion message are in German, it may help if they are in the same language as the survey.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
TonyBaxter said:
I'm a student of biology at the University of Oldenburg, Germany, and going to write my master thesis at the institute for biology-didactic.

Because of that I will make an online-survey to exam the educational aspect of the zoo.

It would be great if you could take part at this survey:

http://www.student.uni-oldenburg.de/volker.gerdes/

Thank you for your time and effort!

First, you should be correct when doing a thesis. Therefore, it should be noted that Disney makes it very clear that AK is not a zoo.

TonyBaxter

Original Poster
Hi - first I want to say "Thank you" to all who took part so far.

Sorry that some of you had difficulties with this survey - it's done with a programme sponsored by an agency for civic education in Germany - and I wasn't able to change the error messages - sorry for that!

@Thrawn - you're right - Disney say it's "Nahtazu" - that will be also part of the thesis - why are they say it is not a zoo. But if you look at the definition of a zoological garden - it's a place where wild animals are encaged in atificial enviroments and exhibited to the public - then you can say imho that DAK is a zoo. A very well done zoo with many other aspects - but still a zoo.

barnum42

Disneyfan1981 said:
Tried to help you out but I kept getting error messages in German so I gave up. Sorry.
When I got the errors, I found that it took you to the cell that had the problem and so was able to figure out the problem.

barnum42

TonyBaxter said:
But if you look at the definition of a zoological garden - it's a place where wild animals are encaged in atificial enviroments and exhibited to the public - then you can say imho that DAK is a zoo. A very well done zoo with many other aspects - but still a zoo.
Can't argue with that. :D

Nahtazu is just marketing.

LoisMustDie

TonyBaxter said:
@Thrawn - you're right - Disney say it's "Nahtazu" - that will be also part of the thesis - why are they say it is not a zoo. But if you look at the definition of a zoological garden - it's a place where wild animals are encaged in atificial enviroments and exhibited to the public - then you can say imho that DAK is a zoo. A very well done zoo with many other aspects - but still a zoo.
You could also call it a forest because it has lots of trees...or a mall because of the myriad number of shops and restaurants...or a carnival for having carnival rides...but they just wouldn't be accurate. It is a THEME PARK, not a zoo (or a Nahtazu). Calling it a zoo is as misrepresenting as carnival or mall.

Sledge

Account Suspended
LoisMustDie said:
You could also call it a forest because it has lots of trees...or a mall because of the myriad number of shops and restaurants...or a carnival for having carnival rides...but they just wouldn't be accurate. It is a THEME PARK, not a zoo (or a Nahtazu). Calling it a zoo is as misrepresenting as carnival or mall.

Good point! I like that. :lol:

TonyBaxter said:

One Problem! DISNEYS ANIMAL KINGDOM IS......NAHTAHZU!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom