I NEED to Go Back to Disney World!! #DisneySick

Briangwen7

Hello,. WDWMagic Family!
I just wanted to speak to you guys about Missing Disney World.
I went October '12 and Oh my God, You have no idea (You Probably Do.) how much I want to go back. Money is the problem here, for now.. but I really really really want to go December 2013 or sooner. lol How do you guys deal with the Post- Disney Depresion! Haha
2zdu5v6.jpg

Hot Lava

friend of mine started giving me sarcastic comments when he saw me stop, pick up a penny and pocket it one day. I explained to him, 100 of these makes a buck, thats making me one dollar closer than you to Disney. :)
Then I told him how much money I estimated that I had found on the ground in a years time. After that, he started keeping his eyes peeled to the ground.;) I actually found a $20 bill one day.:eek:

Regardless of whether you are saving for something, I think it is bad ju-ju to pass picking up a coin (even a penny). I feel it is arrogant; as if you don't need money, no matter how small the amount. For me, it is basically spitting in God's eye and saying you are too good or too privileged to need a penny. Also, I come from a background where literally every penny counted. In my experience, those who scoff at bending down and picking up a penny came from (and are still in) far more privileged circumstances than my background (my BIL and SIL being a perfect example). Besides, my grandparents and great aunts and uncles would be horrified at the idea of passing a penny! Probably haunt me from the grave! ;)
Superstitious (religious and otherwise) and/or upbringing, I basically have an OCD like compulsion to pick up a coin, no matter what. I don't want to tempt fate for fate to take a really negative turn b/c I was arrogant about my current circumstances.

Soon I'm gonna make Disney Inspired Foods & Snacks! :p For the fans that want to bring the disney food to there home. :D
I cannot find the link, but there is a website that specializes in recipes from Disney.

Upvote 0

boilerpicc

I listen to the park CDs in the car, make food from the Disney cookbook, and slightly obsess about reading wdwmagic and the forums. I also set up a wish list on my DVR to tape any documentaries that have the word Disney in the description. They pop up on the Travel Channel all the time.

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

Oh I think we all have been there.

We had to push back our March get away due to my husbands job, and are going in May now. It has been extremely hard thinking we were supposed to be there. Yadda yadda yadda.

I know I am fortunate to be able to go at least once a year. But it often at times seems far to spread out and not often enough. When I return I actually start saving for the next round. I also stay away from boards for awhile. Its my way of decompressing and just trying to deal with the post Disney blues.

We to save a lot, we have jars and coins and plans. Not easy, but its enough, and helps keep me going.

Upvote 0

Hot Lava

I listen to the park CDs in the car, make food from the Disney cookbook, and slightly obsess about reading wdwmagic and the forums. I also set up a wish list on my DVR to tape any documentaries that have the word Disney in the description. They pop up on the Travel Channel all the time.

I meant to mention that. Quite often on the Travel Channel (and they seem to be running them on Destination America now also) they run shows about the Disney parks, and often a marathon of them. Even the ones that are 10 years old are fun to watch. Although watching them can also make me sad b/c I am not not there.

Upvote 0

Magic addict

I know the feeling!! I obs
Hello,. WDWMagic Family!
I went October '12 and Oh my God, You have no idea (You Probably Do.) how much I want to go back. Money is the problem here, for now.. but I really really really want to go December 2013 or sooner. lol How do you guys deal with the Post- Disney Depresion! Haha

Upvote 0

Magic addict

I know the feeling! I obsess about going back until it drives my husband nuts :) hopefully we will do it in 2014!

Hello,. WDWMagic Family!

2zdu5v6.jpg

Upvote 0

Graham9

Coming to Disney is a massive undertaking and relies on so many things coming together to let it happen. Money, time off work, home situation, list goes on...not to mention health. But after three years, we're coming in less than 90 days time, a year out from major surgery. As for post-Disney blues, it's always hard and I content with going through old photos and imaging we were there, although I seem to miss it more knowing I am going than I do any other time.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Premium Member
Hello,. WDWMagic Family!

Like most others we start to look at the next possible visit. Then I look at videos (ad nauseum) of the street characters in Studios, nighttime fireworks and laser shows, other Youtube offerings of rides, etc. until the depression is under controlo_O

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Wow, do I have the blues. I think it is even worse when you first get home. I was there August 12-20 and cannot stop thinking about it. I went back to work yesterday so this will help take my mind off of it but boy, do I wish I was there.

I think for us it is the airfare that blows going more often. My kids and I get antsy in a car so flying is the only option and airfare is pricey. I am also a teacher and limited to vacations and holidays when airfare is more expensive so that makes it worse. We are definitely going in July (10 whole months away) but I would love to go sooner. I'm hoping we can swing going in May. I really would like to go for a long weekend for Star Wars weekend. I am a DVC member and have an AP so why not??

So in a nut shell, I TOTALLY feel your pain. :arghh:

Upvote 0
We havent been since 09, we did have a baby who will be 3&1/2 in sept 2014, so we have an awesome plan that really suits my family.. We also will have 13 yr old son and our 6 year old son, they each get a " special" activity that I know they will love. Part of the fun is see how much I can get for how little. In 09 we went for 12 days, with 10 day ticket, water park opt. MNSSHP, free dining it was the DDP too. I paid under 2K! Now my family had doubled and there is so much planning to do!

Upvote 0

75disney

I don't deal... I cry everyday!

Seriously though, I start planning my next trip to the World, even if I don't have a date in mind yet. I check out You Tube videos, Disney websites (how I found this one), and listen to Disney songs. I also help plan my family and friends' trips while I beg them to take me with them as a personal tour guide. Only one person wants to take me up on that, my sister-in-law wants me to go with her and her twins in 4 years. Luckily, I have a trip to the World in only 84 days! Yay!

Upvote 0

jw24

Well, you're doing the best thing out there. Talking about it with others. We all experience post Disney depression at some point. I mean, I'd rather have comforting words from people who understand as opposed to hearing from others who don't understand and don't "get it" per say. But I mean, not being able to go to WDW is not the end of the world. There are far worse things that can happen. I know reading trip reports, watching YouTube vids, listening to park music or browsing through photos may not exactly help because it's the not the same as going to the World itself but at least, you have a plan to go back rather than having no intentions to go back whatsoever. It's hard to wait because you just don't know when but you have a goal to make it happen when the time is right and will do whatever it takes to make a future trip possible.

Upvote 0

Gurt

I have had a long 15 year wait between trips but I finally get back to Disney in 8 days, I have waited so long it doesn't actually feel real yet, apart from daily tearing up at everything and anything remotely Disney related! I am so emotional about going back I can't wait! We booked our trip back in January and everyday since I have been on here, been watching youtube, looking at old photos and saving every penny I can find, I emptied my Minnie coin jar the other day and had the nice surprise of £270 in change to convert into dollars!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom