I NEED to Go Back to Disney World!! #DisneySick

Briangwen7

Hello,. WDWMagic Family!
I just wanted to speak to you guys about Missing Disney World.
I went October '12 and Oh my God, You have no idea (You Probably Do.) how much I want to go back. Money is the problem here, for now.. but I really really really want to go December 2013 or sooner. lol How do you guys deal with the Post- Disney Depresion! Haha
2zdu5v6.jpg

MouseDreaming

Hello,. WDWMagic Family!
I just wanted to speak to you guys about Missing Disney World.
I went October '12 and Oh my God, You have no idea (You Probably Do.) how much I want to go back. Money is the problem here, for now.. but I really really really want to go December 2013 or sooner. lol How do you guys deal with the Post- Disney Depresion! Haha
It is not easy. As of St. Patricks Day, it has been 2 years since our last trip. We had planned on going for Spring Break this year, and that helped. Just thinking and planning, but that fell through. We do a lot of Disney dreaming around the table. You know, where would you be, what would you be doing, would you rather. And I listen to Disney music --OK, almost constantly. And I hang out here, a lot. So, the good news is, we are heading to the world in June, and then planning on being back for a short trip in December! Just keep thinking about the next trip. It will eventually get here. And you will have some cool new things to check out.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

MONEY is ALWAYS part of the problem. :confused: :) I'm having a conversation with my wife now and we're trying to figure our way to Disney too this December. A last Dec. trip that we had hoped for fell through for us, :mad:, and since then Ive continued saving, planning and hoping we can do it... now its just getting some business details to come into place. I don't let myself get depressed thinking about negatives. I continue visits to this and other Disney sites to keep up to date on details, changes, ideas etc. As long as you can dream of the trip... it can become a reality.

Upvote 0

jayhawkmickey

I wear my Disney T shirts all the time, listen to the four parks one world CD, and wishes in the car, read these boards, watch a movie once and awhile, and happily I'm a teacher so we have families going down two to three times a year who I can talk about the trips with. Some times they even bring back a rice crispy treat, mmmmmm heaven! Now if I can figure out how to get a Dole whip back 1200 miles????

Upvote 0

Spikerdink

I feel your pain.

Three years ago this month, I lost my job (and my career). I had been going to Disney twice a year - once in February and once in August...but without that steady income, it wasn't meant to be. Since I have bought into DVC (which will be a financial burden starting next year, but I will worry about that then...) I was able to rent some of my points which enabled me to go once last year and (hopefully) once this year. Sometimes when things get really bad mentally, I say, "I could be in Disney in three hours. I have my AmEx card, my annual pass and my Tables in Wonderland card...all i need."

Knowing that I could finance a trip has helped and then the planning and talking about it really helps...

One thing that makes me think about Disney and have measurement towards my goal is that I have a cookie jar (Disney, of course!) in my bedroom. At the end of every day, I put any pocket change into the jar. If I find a penny in the parking lot (even tails!) I throw it in and say, "I am one cent closer to going to Disney!" Here in NY we have a bottle deposit law, so I keep all of my cans/bottles and take them back to a machine that spits out quarters and nickels as you return the cans. All that money goes in the jar. I can peer in the jar and know that when it is full, the jar will pay for all my food and drink at Disney. You might want to try this out....especially with a family - if everyone pitched in their pennies, dimes, quarters... everyone can see how quickly you are getting towards your goal and will cutback on spending to be able to pitch money in.

Anyway, it's one of those days when I am thinking, 'I could be in Disney in three hours.....'

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Three years ago this month, I lost my job (and my career).

If I find a penny in the parking lot (even tails!) I throw it in and say, "I am one cent closer to going to Disney!" '

Wishing you better days to come. ;)
Friend of mine started giving me sarcastic comments when he saw me stop, pick up a penny and pocket it one day. I explained to him, 100 of these makes a buck, thats making me one dollar closer than you to Disney. :)
Then I told him how much money I estimated that I had found on the ground in a years time. After that, he started keeping his eyes peeled to the ground.;) I actually found a $20 bill one day.:eek:

Upvote 0

Spikerdink

Wishing you better days to come. ;)
Friend of mine started giving me sarcastic comments when he saw me stop, pick up a penny and pocket it one day. :)
Another reason I pick up the pennies is that I am a believer in 'pennies from heaven' and there are times when I am thinking of my grandparents or my father and there will be a penny on the ground a few feet away....I always want to think that this is a way for them to send me a message that they are thinking of me, too.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Another reason I pick up the pennies is that I am a believer in 'pennies from heaven' and there are times when I am thinking of my grandparents or my father and there will be a penny on the ground a few feet away....I always want to think that this is a way for them to send me a message that they are thinking of me, too.

Read about those wonderful connections/ happenings.:) Always come at times you need a pick up.:)
Another friend of mine has a coin collection. He collects wheat pennies and if I get one I save it for him. I'm not into coins but I guess I've made some decent finds according to him.

Upvote 0

Briangwen7

Original Poster
I Also do the jar thingy & so does Joseph. I also do Youtube video, and I'm a Youtube Partner so I get paid when people click the ads on my videos. So that will help eventually! By the way guys if you wanna help me out get to my disney dream of going in December check out my videos and if you have time click the ads, it helps me soooo much!!! Evey click counts, here is my youtube channel! :p And ps: You Guys really help out and are amazing! :'D​

Upvote 0

bethymouse

We are ALWAYS saving for Disney! I like to go every year, but hubby just wants to limit it to every other year.:( But, we're going in June, and we're saving for a December 2014 trip staying @ BC ( hopefully).;)

Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

as of april 28th of this year, it will be one year since we left for our week at all star sports...our second trip, (the first was in april 2010). This most recent trip was our daughters first trip (she was 16 months old lol) she rode pirates 4 times;) I miss WDW every day. The days i dont feel like going to work, i think, "this is how were getting to WDW" then i get up and face the day lol...we watch you tube videos for "mini vacations" im on this site everyday to keep up to date with the changes, we watch disney movies and go to the local disney store a couple times a year....WDW is always on my mind, the warm weather, walking through epcot with an ice cold coke, getting a dole whip and taking in the sights of adventureland, being in tomorrowland at night with all the neon lights and relaxing on the people mover, then going into star traders for a few pins lol....i can go on and on....you all know what im talking about;)

Upvote 0

prfctlyximprct

I am dreading my July vacation's last day! It's like you make plans for each day, so you are excited for each one of those days and always anticipating what tomorrow will bring! Vacations go too fast!

Upvote 0

katexo

I hear you, missing Disney really sucks! Its been two years since my last visit :)() and I have no plans of going back soon. Between footing the bill for graduate school and being dumped by my Disney partner in crime I dont really see it happening anytime soon. But hey, we can always live vicariously through trip reports!

Upvote 0

bgraham34

Personally I have started to put away 20 bucks a week for DIsney trips, that way my spending money on food and some tickets are set within those numbers after a year or so. Another thing I do is anytime i have change I put the change in the bucket and cash it in a week before my trip. I have had anywhere from $100-300 bucks in spending money by doing that.

Upvote 0

popcenturylover

We went in September of last year & have been missing it everyday since! We're trying to plan a trip for this year but, don't know if it'll work out.:( We want to take both DDs, DS, DGS, & DSIL but, trying to figure out when everybody can all go & the cost of it all, ugh! Hopefully, we'll be back soon. Until then........I have you all to listen to!:D

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

We went in February 2012, September of 2012 as well as January 2013 and I am ready to go back. Driving down 95 yesterday I said to my son, "Don't ya wish we could just keep on going til we drive under the arch." Especially this time of the year. It's still cold here and seeing the pictures of the flower and garden show make me want to go NOW.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom