I need help with planning a surprise trip

megaroostitch

I have decided to surprise my fiance with a trip to disney this year, but i am having a hard time deciding when we should go. I was thinking October or the first week of December. This will be his first trip there in 20 something years so i want to make it really special. I know I want to stay in the park but I am not sure where yet. If anyone could give me some ideas on what time of the year is better and what would make the trip really fun and special for him. Thanks in advance for the help.

Nemo14

October is a great time to be there, as long as there are no hurricanes. I would highly recommend POR - it's a really gorgeous moderate resort, with all the amenities of a deluxe.

Upvote 0

eroyee

surprise trip.

:p October is a real good time. Plus, you can go to Mickeys Halloween party at night. :xmas: First week of December is also very good. then, you can go to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party. thats cool,too. I would definitely pick Port Orleans Riverside. Pop Century is cool if you are on a budget, but for a really cool stay, go to POR. Its more romantic, I think. Have a magical trip. Surprises are sooo cool.:wave:

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Both times of year are great. In terms of warm weather you'll be in better shape in October. Either way, definetly try to get tix to either the not so scary halloween party or very merry xmas party. You'll be happy you did. The hours that the parks are open in October will also probably be a little bit longer.

As far as resorts are concerned I agree with the Port Orleans route but French Quarter instead of Riverside. FQ is smaller (no 15 minute walks to/from breakfast and buses) , much more romantic in my opinion, and generally pretty clear of children. Pop Century is the way to go if you are on a budget. If you arent on a budget and are looking to go all out, go to the Polynesian. It is my absolute fav monorail hotel. Very romantic, tropical, and unique. What can be better than sitting on the beach watching Wishes from across the water and then getting to see the Electrical Water Pagent? A tru Disney classic hotel and experience.

Get the Dining Package. You will be happy you did. With the DP you and ur man will be able to have some really great dinners at the Priority Seating restaurants...not to mention you will be served so much food you wont know what to do with yourself. :slurp:

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Both times of year are nice, although the weather is a bit more reliable in October. Definitely consider Port Orleans Riverside - it's very romantic! Take your fiance for an evening horse-drawn carriage ride while you're there. ;)

Upvote 0

IwishIliveinWDW

I just took my 2 year old daughter for the first time in October and brought along my sister/brother in law too. It was her first trip, his first in fifteen years. It was crowded and hot. We actually went the first week of October too. Now, this year was a humidity nightmare (locals said) as we had a huge weather system just hang over top of us. December will be less crowded but cooler. You will need jeans in the evening. After just having come back in Jan (Marathon week), I vowed to never take my family any other time of year again. Good luck to you and hope it helped

Upvote 0

megaroostitch

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks to everyone for their great ideas. I am so excitied about planning this trip. You guys have given me a lot of great suggestions that i am going to use.

Upvote 0

cj2me

I would say go on October. We went this past October it was great! We had a blast between MNSSHP and the Food and Wine Festival. The F&W festival was great in Epcot so many differnet types of food to sample and beers. Plus we got to see Kool and the Gang in concert.

Upvote 0

MSTINKHERBELL01

There's nothing like WDW in October.....except WDW in December :lol:

I LOVE both times of the year but October has less crowds and the weather is great. And like everyone else said MNSSHP is the BEST...dress up like Cinderella and the Prince!

Upvote 0

Nepal

megaroostitch said:
I have decided to surprise my fiance with a trip to disney this year, but i am having a hard time deciding when we should go. I was thinking October or the first week of December. This will be his first trip there in 20 something years so i want to make it really special. I know I want to stay in the park but I am not sure where yet. If anyone could give me some ideas on what time of the year is better and what would make the trip really fun and special for him. Thanks in advance for the help.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom