I need a fridge for my upcoming trip

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I will be staying @ POP from 12/1 - 12/12 and I will need a refrigerator for my medication but I can't afford $10/day for the darn thing. I've read that if you need one for medical reasons, they provide it free of charge? How difficult is it to request/get one? Do they need proof? (I have a written prescription from my doc)

Thanks everyone! :wave:

sissa216

Innnteresting. That's smart to make them small, also easier for them to store/transport. You get bonus points for saying "pop." :lol:

That is interesting! I figured they would have to offer them for free because of diabetics needing to store insulin and such. Thanks for psting this information.
It's Coke! Everything is Coke! Get it right people!! :p

No problem!
Of course it's pop! None of this soda or coke junk :p
What if I want a Pepsi :lol:

Upvote 0

mickey&me

Help for your question

My son is has insulin-dependent diabetes. We got a fridge at ASMo free without having to show the letter from our doctor. When the first one didn't work, we got a replacement in about 10 minutes. It was large enough to hold the insulin, some ice and a cold pack to take into the parks with us every day, and some orange juice from the gift shop with room left over.

Upvote 0

KC82271

This small "box" that everyone is talking about is not what we have received for medical purposes. We have always, as recently as last April at Pop, received a dorm-like size...maybe a bit smaller. Diabetic Mom always has a few bottles of water, as well as a ton of cold fruit from the food court.

Now, my sister was just at Pop in early Sept, and there now appears to be little fridges built into the entertainment center in the king-size handicap rooms. When I say little, she said they were tiny. They needed to store ice packs in it, but they weren't even "cool" let alone "ice" so they called the front desk and they brought up the bigger sized one.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

If a fridge is too expensive, why not bring/buy a cooler? Doesn't have to be a big one, just one to get your thru. We carry one on all trips and rely on it more then the fridge in our room.

Next Trip - January 2009

It's like coming home again......

Upvote 0

macsmom

It won't be happening on this website, unless people are doing it through PMs. We don't allow buying, selling, or exchanges. There are other websites that allow this, but not wdwmagic.

I never even thought of it as buying & selling! But, I guess it is. I was just thinking of how we could all trade. I was thinking that with all of us going at one time or another, that some kind of system could be made so that it would get to the right person - not letting mousekeeping do it, but us. Bummer. I actually come up with some kind of idea and it ain't gonna happen! :D I've always just used my cooler and refilled it with ice when needed. Works just as well.

danna

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Add me to the list of "cooler users"! I bring a small collaspible cooler that can hold a jug of milk and maybe a few small containers of juice. It works perfect and doesn't take up any room at all in my suitcase. I also bring ziploc bags to put the ice in (just keeps the cooler a little less wet). My milk, juice, etc. has always been cold and we only change the ice once a day (usually before we go to bed)!

I'll be the first to admit that I'm too cheap to pay for a fridge. For $10 a day I could go down to the food court and buy whatever cold drinks I want when I want them!

Oh and btw, I call it "pop" too!:animwink:

Upvote 0

UberPlannerMom

I'll be the first to admit that I'm too cheap to pay for a fridge. For $10 a day I could go down to the food court and buy whatever cold drinks I want when I want them!
Too true- now if I could get one of those computerized coolers that follows you everywhere so you always have a drink with you in the parks I would rent that for $10 a day!:lol:

Upvote 0

Disney_Freak429

I just wanted to add you SHOULD tell them when you reserve your room this way they are more likely to have it already in your room. Just confirm with them again when you check in about needing one. The last time I was down there they said it could be a few hrs. to get mine in my room but it was there in less then an hour. Trust me if they run out I have a feeling they would go get one from one of the other resorts based on your needs. They offer to hold it at the desk but if you need a frige they can get you one trust me on that.

Upvote 0

disneymyway

It won't be happening on this website, unless people are doing it through PMs. We don't allow buying, selling, or exchanges. There are other websites that allow this, but not wdwmagic.

Oh, it's for the best that wdwmagic doesn't. I will say that there is nothing more entertaining than a forum refrigerator or photopass exchange gone awry!:lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom