I need a debate resolved.

Andrew54

I enjoy it from the day we get up early to get all our ADR's that we can up until the trip. I think its more exciting for me to be plannning the trip and anticipating the trip. But once I get there I kinda get that Sigh of Relief momment. When I know that all I have to do is relax and enjoy everything.

Fizbain32

Planning is way exciting ut, gotta go with being there.

But on a side note, sometimes cleaning the barn and mowing the lawn will remind me of getting ready to leave for WDW as those are some of the last chores we do before completing my packing. So that is part of the pre-WDW excitement

Mouse Man

Honestly the planning is what starts all the hype and creates a list of things that you want to see and do that leads to shear enjoymnet when you finally arrive and realize that you are in WDW. At that point is where I feel relaxed, happy and start acting like a kid again with no responsiblity except having fun.

DizneyPryncess

I think anticipation is always better than anything else, in every aspect of life. Trips are planned so far in advance, that you get such a long time to be excited. You get to make ADR's, pick what parks to see, choose which rides to ride, etc. I will look forward to a week-long trip, for months beforehand. Having something to look forward to for that long makes life fun. :)

harveyt0206

Well, you can't have one without the other. Even impromtu trips require a teeny tiny bit of planning. As a confirmed plan-a-holic, the planning phase gives me some sort of pleasure every single day leading up to my trip for months and months. BUT - and this is a BIG BUT - arriving, checking into my resort that I spent so many months thinking about, and then walking into my first park of the trip ....well, nothing compares to it. So, I vote whole heartedly for the actual trip.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well, first of all, letting this forum settle a debate? Really? :brick:

As for the question at hand, I think it depends a little on how many times you've been before. I know my wife and I don't get quite as excited as we used to, in part because our pre-trip planning is practically a routine. I mean, we can have the car packed and ready within two hours. Our kids however, still get excited a little while out, but it doesn't really match driving through the gates or seeing the first "Opening Ceremony" of the trip....

lbrad

Well honestly that is not a debate that any one of us can settle for you. Because to some the planning is more exciting and others the arrival is more exciting. To each his/her own.

For me its the arrival. Parking the car in the resort parking lot and getting out to stretch after a long drive and feeling all the stress of real life fade away as the kid in me comes to the surface. :D

I love to plan my trips BUT I feel the same way Purple Dragon does...
leave stress/reality behind & the kid in me comes out...oh so sweet:sohappy:

Susan Savia

The planning is what gets me thru until we go, researching places to go, things to do, etc. There's nothing like pulling into Epcots parking lot and seeing Spaceship Earth up ahead and knowing you are there, after all those long months of anticipation and excitement! Therefore, we always have the next trip well thought out and on the planning board, before this one even begins.

cowanfamily

Original Poster
Each year we go, we spend the drive back to Atlanta planning the next years trip. Of course we're doing that while dealing with PDD.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom