I need a debate resolved.

cowanfamily

Original Poster
My daughter and I were discussing our upcoming trip to the World. She says that the anticipation leading up to the trip is just as exciting if not more than the trip itself.
What do you find more exciting: The trip itself, or the anticipation leading up to it?
I told her we would let this forum settle our debate. She then made fun of me for making the statement.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
My daughter and I were discussing our upcoming trip to the World. She says that the anticipation leading up to the trip is just as exciting if not more than the trip itself.
What do you find more exciting: The trip itself, or the anticipation leading up to it?
I told her we would let this forum settle our debate. She then made fun of me for making the statement.

Oh i LOVE the planning and the looking 4ward to a trip!!!!

BUT

NOTHING beats the feeling of landing in Orlando and going Under the Welcome to WDW Sign, the trip itself all the way :sohappy:

Figment632

I would say almost as exciting not just as. For me nothing beats walking under that big freaking ball or walking around the courner on MS and seeing the castle for the first time.

DisneyPrincess5

Yow that's a tough one actually!

Let's say it like this...planning and going are two different types of exciting, yet both are still very exciting :lol:

Of course, for me actually going and experiencing what you've planned is more exciting, but planning it is also still insanely exciting for me.

WDWmazprty

They're both the same for me. Planning is so awesome! But of course once you arrive and see all your planning true, it's such a great feeling!:sohappy:

swimmom

It's close, but the actual trip is more exciting for me than the planning. However, it is such a let down when the trip gets past the half way point and you know it will be ending soon!!!:(

Dads 2 Boys

Yow that's a tough one actually!

Let's say it like this...planning and going are two different types of exciting, yet both are still very exciting :lol:

Of course, for me actually going and experiencing what you've planned is more exciting, but planning it is also still insanely exciting for me.

Exactly!!! Well said.

I think the planning is the bulding up of the ultimate excitement of walking under the train station to look down Main St towards the Castle. :sohappy:

macsmom

I would say almost as exciting not just as. For me nothing beats walking under that big freaking ball or walking around the courner on MS and seeing the castle for the first time.

So true, so true! I love the planning (and planning and planning!) and I tend to get really calm once I get there. Then, walking into the parks and seeing everything, knowing I am there. Nothing like it in the World! :D

danna

valleyfan

The most exciting part for us is when we finally get on I4 off of I95 after being on it for 17 1/2 hours, the kids then know we are almost there.:shrug:

lilclerk

I'm gonna have to go against the curve and say the planning is better for me. I am addicted to planning haha. Every time I get home I think to myself that I'm going to wait a few years before going again to hopefully make the trip more exciting... Then within a few weeks I have another trip planned. I get sad almost as soon as I get there because I know I'm going to be going back to reality soon. Sad but true.
I also thought I was old when I turned 20 :lol:

trr1

I think I agreee with your daughter because after you get there you start thinking that oh no only so many days left

PurpleDragon

Well honestly that is not a debate that any one of us can settle for you. Because to some the planning is more exciting and others the arrival is more exciting. To each his/her own.

For me its the arrival. Parking the car in the resort parking lot and getting out to stretch after a long drive and feeling all the stress of real life fade away as the kid in me comes to the surface. :D

Lisalyn

I love the planning because it's the excitement of what can we do that we haven't done...or where can we eat that we haven't eaten at before and what shows and such...however nothing actually beats BEING THERE! :)

Disney05

I love planning. When you decide to go on a Disney vacation, most start planning months in advance. It's an event all in itself. That's what makes a Disney vacation special, you're involved in it way before you step on property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom