I miss Disney Quest

MagicRat

Disney Quest was great, I would still love it today and so would my kids. The problem is so many people feel they have the tech and tech that keeps improving in their smartphones. The second they put a new game in an arcade there is already a new game in the App Store.

gitchard

The best was the old arcade games that I remember from going to arcades in the early to mid 80s.

When my son played them, he said he couldn't believe how hard they were. Maybe that is why I am so bored with arcade style games that come out today.

As annual passholder, we really miss Disney Quest. We would spend rainy Saturdays there.

JIMINYCR

Lots of rose tinted glasses here I see. It was a failure. Their inability to keep it updated, and in many cases even functional started from the day it opened. There's so many accounts of people going once, and never going again - there's a reason for that.
Also kids lost interest in many of the arcade type games in favor of games they had on their devices instead. It started out being popular and then fizzled out. Even with updated games it would have failed. I enjoyed it because of nostalgia for games I grew up with but that wasnt enough of a draw to take away my valuable park time that I had paid good $$ for.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I think it was just the cost, it was so much and not many VR options.

there was zero reason for it to have hte price tag they put on it. Places in the mall have rooms set up with multiple headsets and rigs and its really not that expensive and usually included in most jump parks
I never stepped inside DisneyQuest, but did the Star Wars thing at The Void twice, because it was totally awesome. I don’t even remember what it cost, because I thought it was that 🤯

DreamfinderGuy

Lots of rose tinted glasses here I see. It was a failure. Their inability to keep it updated, and in many cases even functional started from the day it opened. There's so many accounts of people going once, and never going again - there's a reason for that.
If it was truly a failure they would not have allowed it to operate for almost 20 years. The regional entertainment concept was a failure, the Chicago location was a failure, but the Orlando location did fine.

Cmdr_Crimson

If it was truly a failure they would not have allowed it to operate for almost 20 years. The regional entertainment concept was a failure, the Chicago location was a failure, but the Orlando location did fine.
Glad I did both..The layout was the same albeit some things shifted here and there. But, it was something to do when you had nothing else to do at DTD..

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney Quest was awesome. Not having a worldly amount of WDW experience under my belt, where is the best arcade on WDW property?!
…the one at DAKL is my favorite.

Loved beach club too…but that has been annexed to beaches and cream

I always thought they should have a big arcade in some spot at boardwalk…think that’s an easy way to provide buzz there

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I played the hell out of the one Star Wars game they had there back in 2002. I beat Vader in the end so I am basically an actual Jedi now.

mergatroid

Used to go when it was part of our Annual Pass, other than that I wouldn't pay the price for a single admission. Was great to kill an hour or two before a movie which we often did.

thomas998

Yep, it was just killed do to neglect at Orlando. We used to spend at least a half day or so there when a day was filled with thunderstorms...but toward the end it was nearly impossible to find a single game that functioned properly. I worked in an arcade when I was in high school and I remember even in the arcades that weren't all that busy you needed to regularly replace button and controls on the machines because they weren't made to last forever.... Disney however seemed to think they never needed service. Which was sad because a lot of those games had buttons and controls that were very easy to swap out and they could have easily kept the machine working perfectly if they had only hired a single person to maintain them.

DisneyFanatic12

Awww… seeing this thread made me remember all of my fond memories of Disney Quest. I don’t remember it that well (I was younger), but we would spend so many days doing the drawing classes, Cyber Space Mountain, air hockey, and all the other games and attractions. None of us had phones, so maybe that’s why all the games were so fun. I’m sure it had plenty of faults that I didn’t see or can’t remember, but for me it was always a fun place to go to. We were so sad when it was demolished, we tried to get in one final trip but weren’t able to. RIP Disney Quest!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom