I miss Disney Quest

Graham9

We have been to the 'World many times over the years and was always curious as to what the Disney Quest was about. Then we took the plunge and went in...but only the once. My lasting impression of it was a graveyard where old video games go to die. It seemed to be about ten years out of date and fell short of what we expected, i.e. home to the latest video games, which is what we expected to see. If that were the case, then I guess I would miss it, but having been disappointed, we don't miss it at all.

tanc

Oh, they tried and It failed....
skjdnf103-613x490.jpg
I think it was just the cost, it was so much and not many VR options.

Ginzuishou

Disney Quest was.....okay. I remember they had Dance Dance Revolution 1st mix. I needed a code to mod the gameplay, so I went upstairs and used the dial up internet to look up the code. Good times. This was a longgg time ago.

KaliSplash

Loved Disney Quest. CyberSpace Mountain is the first time my wife went upside down.
The Pirate game on the ground floor was always entertaining. The Jungle Cruise paddle was okay if not wonderful.
We also loved "When the whole world begins to unravel, Akeems (spelling?) Carpets are the only way to travel.
But Alien Encounter on the top floor was the best! We (family of four got to the point where we nearly never left a colonist behing.)
And the original food vendor was fantastic. Whoever replaced the original wasn't bad, but just not as good.
Hated to see it go.

Cmdr_Crimson

And the original food vendor was fantastic. Whoever replaced the original wasn't bad, but just not as good.
It was The Cheesecake Factory that was the supplier and there pizza was friggin amazing...After they got dropped it became Disney food service and sold the same food within the park including the horrid Nation frozen pizzas...

I disagree.. it would have failed no matter when it was introduced unless they were willing to include it with the water parks and more option.
i mean there's already typhoon lagoon and blizzard beach. For DisneyQuest 2.0 reintroduced to rival round1, dave & busters.

Similar to Dave & Busters, and Round1

DisneyQuest 2.0 its own bowling, arcade, restaurant chain in one.

Merging the NBA Experience & DisneyQuest as one = DisneyQuest 2.0

Offer bowling alleys, arcade games, karaoke, and billiards,

DisneyQuest2.0 offers a variety of items and indoor/outdoor activities

such as batting cages, basketball, volleyball, tennis, driving range, etc

offer a variety of bowling, karaoke, video game arcade cabinets and redemption games,

billiards, darts, and ping pong while serving a variety of food and beverages simultaneously.

OH WAIT! I have this crazy idea that may just work

might bring back the eisner era

NBA Experience + Nerf Combat Arena + DisneyQuest + A Brand new Water Park (something we haven't discovered yet

maybe a water park based off of all IPS?) , perhaps a new resort with it? = DisneyQuest 2.0 Resort & Spa?

(a NBA Experience, Water Parks, a multi-entertainment facility,

its own "laser tag" but its a nerf combat arena instead part of Disney Quest 2.0) All rolled into 1 the ultimate experience

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

i mean there's already typhoon lagoon and blizzard beach. For DisneyQuest 2.0 reintroduced to rival round1, dave & busters.

Similar to Dave & Busters, and Round1

DisneyQuest 2.0 its own bowling, arcade, restaurant chain in one.

Merging the NBA Experience & DisneyQuest as one = DisneyQuest 2.0

Offer bowling alleys, arcade games, karaoke, and billiards,
Repeating what you said in other DQuest post...It would be pointless since we already have Splitsville..
f14c43d5592fc7735fbddd6099795e4b.jpg

Lilofan

DQ was amazing. What a great way to spend the morning and afternoon followed by buying a ticket to AMC next door to see a movie ( and see another one at an adjacent theatre by just casually walking in to see it - theatre hop ).

Disstevefan1

Disney Quest was awesome. Not having a worldly amount of WDW experience under my belt, where is the best arcade on WDW property?!
List the closure and tear down of Disney Quest on the list of Disneys biggest mistakes.
You might as well list right under that, bringing in the NBA experience.
Oh boy, two of the biggest mistakes at the same location!

Lilofan

List the closure and tear down of Disney Quest on the list of Disneys biggest mistakes.
You might as well list right under that, bringing in the NBA experience.
Oh boy, two of the biggest mistakes at the same location!
After Virgin Megastore, the infamous Princess Diana exhibit in the existing space in 2009.

Lilofan

Can't forget Ridemakerz...

Ridemakerz_Full_10312.JPG
That second floor glass balcony where tables and chairs used to be where fellow guests drank and ate when Virgin Mega store used to be. The high balcony was also a makeshift stage for visiting rock and roll bands to perform live sets to viewing fans at ground level. Those were the good old days .

Disstevefan1

After Virgin Megastore, the infamous Princess Diana exhibit in the existing space in 2009.
I actually liked the Virgin Megastore. I had hoped they turned it into a Disney media (Disney books, music, movies, art) Mega store.

I never went in the Diana exhibit.
I just stepped into Splitsville once to look around, but that seems to be working?

esskay

Lots of rose tinted glasses here I see. It was a failure. Their inability to keep it updated, and in many cases even functional started from the day it opened. There's so many accounts of people going once, and never going again - there's a reason for that.

AndyS2992

Lots of rose tinted glasses here I see. It was a failure. Their inability to keep it updated, and in many cases even functional started from the day it opened. There's so many accounts of people going once, and never going again - there's a reason for that.
It was included free with all UK tickets so I went multiple times. I liked the concept, just needed regular updating (and deep cleaning) which it failed to get.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom