I Love The 80's - What's Wrong With These People

Chape19714

Just take it lightly.

"Remember...Your career is NEVER over, you can always do a special for VH-1!"-Ellen DeGeneres.

so, i wouldn't take it too serously. However, Dr Albert Falls does have a very good point.

Tigger1988

Wow...I love how alot of you take such offense to a show that mocks things from the 80's...im sure EPCOT was boring to a 5 year old Lance Bass...why wouldn't it be?..Its the poor guy's own opinion leave him be...its a funny show

kucarachi

Epcot vs N Sync

When i heard lance bass say epcot was the most boring place he's ever been to in his life i had to laugh. Didnt he go to all the N'Sync concerts a few years ago. Or maybe he watched bye bye at least once...lol not to be mean to the guy ..isnt he the same dude that wanted to pay 200,000 to ride shotgun in a space shuttle? i say put him on mission space and let him listen to backstreet boys for 3 straight hours and that ought to make it interesting enough for mr electricity!

p.s. i might just be upset cause i was rejected from 98' degrees and O'town. Something about having to have talent and good looks....those darn record execs are so near sighted!

castlecake2.0

Back to a comment in the original post regarding how they called EPCOT a 'city' instead of 'community', I believe Mr. Disney was known to use the two words interchangeably(spelling?)

Tigger1988

kucarachi said:
When i heard lance bass say epcot was the most boring place he's ever been to in his life i had to laugh. Didnt he go to all the N'Sync concerts a few years ago. Or maybe he watched bye bye at least once...lol not to be mean to the guy ..isnt he the same dude that wanted to pay 200,000 to ride shotgun in a space shuttle? i say put him on mission space and let him listen to backstreet boys for 3 straight hours and that ought to make it interesting enough for mr electricity!

p.s. i might just be upset cause i was rejected from 98' degrees and O'town. Something about having to have talent and good looks....those darn record execs are so near sighted!

Who says he doesn't like Epcot now?...people's opinions can change from..say being 4 years old to being like 27...

nicholas

I personally find it humorous that people hate Lance Bass for mocking a piece of pop culture of the 80s, yet in return mock him, a piece pop culture of the 90s.

I mean seriously. It's a TV show where the intended goal is to poke fun at things. What did you expect people on there to say?!

shari71

My husband instantly caught the mis-named EPCOT then I started to get a little upset over the comments, but then I remembered it was fun...I even got a kick out of the part where you get drunk at EPCOT and then go to MK and ride Space Mountain...:hurl: :lookaroun

Tigger1988

nicholas said:
I personally find it humorous that people hate Lance Bass for mocking a piece of pop culture of the 80s, yet in return mock him, a piece pop culture of the 90s.

I mean seriously. It's a TV show where the intended goal is to poke fun at things. What did you expect people on there to say?!

Exactly, it makes me wonder if they got upset when they mocked the pound puppies...or maybe the smurffs...

Pongo

Tigger1988 said:
Exactly, it makes me wonder if they got upset when they mocked the pound puppies...or maybe the smurffs...

Haha. I was just wondering the same thing.

Maybe there are Moon Boots message boards out there somewhere that are getting all hissy becasue some unknown pop icon said they were ugly.

Skippy

Meh. Laugh at it, sometimes it really is funny.

I haven't seen that episode yet, but if you want to see something that makes fun of epcot for it being boring, check out the simpsons episode that aired one or two years ago. I thought it was hilarious. "EPCOT Center - When Everything Else Is Booked".

Tigger1988

SkipKid said:

I haven't seen that episode yet, but if you want to see something that makes fun of epcot for it being boring, check out the simpsons episode that aired one or two years ago. I thought it was hilarious. "EPCOT Center - When Everything Else Is Booked".

EFCOT center lol, they would have been used if they used EPCOT....hilarious episode...but by judging some people's reactions to a simple opinion about Epcot I don't think they could handle the episode

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
nicholas said:
SO TRUE! :lol:

But I still love Lance and think he's the best 'N Sync'er EVAH! I'd still have his babies...:lookaroun :drevil:

Laura

Premium Member
Tigger1988 said:
EFCOT center lol, they would have been used if they used EPCOT....hilarious episode...but by judging some people's reactions to a simple opinion about Epcot I don't think they could handle the episode

For me, it's not that I care what someone else's opinion is, it's just that I already have trouble convincing people that Epcot is a really nice park because they've heard things like "it's boring" and having Lance make that comment on TV will just make those sort of people even more closed minded about Epcot. Oh well - less crowds for me I guess.

Gee whiz....poor Lance was bored by EPCOT? He's such a fireball of excitement I can't even remember what he looks like. He's the one who's boring.

disneybonbon

I got a kick out of the alcohol comment, too. I wonder if that has anything to do with why people's opinions of Epcot change when they are in their 20s? Things are always less boring after some wine in France, beers in Germany, sake in Japan, wine in Morocco, beer in the United Kingdom....

shari71 said:
My husband instantly caught the mis-named EPCOT then I started to get a little upset over the comments, but then I remembered it was fun...I even got a kick out of the part where you get drunk at EPCOT and then go to MK and ride Space Mountain...:hurl: :lookaroun

disneybonbon

That episode is hilarious! I love going to Epcot, but some of the spoofs were pretty right-on. And then Homer finally makes it to the Magic Kingdom only to get a $14 churro.

SkipKid said:

Skippy

disneybonbon said:
That episode is hilarious! I love going to Epcot, but some of the spoofs were pretty right-on. And then Homer finally makes it to the Magic Kingdom only to get a $14 churro.

"That'll be 14 dollars please."
"14 dollars!? noooowahhhahhhhahhhhhh...here."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom