"I like the new Memories Campaign!" Positive Comments only

Horizons1

Yea, my post was fairly positive stating how this would be a nice tie-in to the
40th. I don't appreciate it being deleted. KThx.

rct247

It will make a great television ad campaign.

Tinkerbell projections on the castle look cool.

(That's all I got.)

Tigger1988

I wouldn't dislike the campaign if it wasn't for the fact that there is absolutely no tie in to the 40th and that the castle show test video showed off what it would be like. Disneyland got a huge celebration for the 40th anniversary. What do we get? Nothing but a generic campaign.

I don't get why people keep harping on this, the 40th is still an entire year away. They wouldn't start celebrating it now. Just like they didn't start celebrating the 25th anniversary 10 months early, the celebration began on Oct 1 of the 25th year (1996).

If there's going to be a 40th celebration it'll begin on Oct 1, 2011, not Jan 1.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Perhaps the people with negative opinions can open a "negative replies only thread", where all positive posts will be deleted.

And then we have the 3rd thread where both viewpoints can be presented, as long as you keep it civil.
That just makes way to much sense. :lol:

gerryu21220

I don't get why people keep harping on this, the 40th is still an entire year away. They wouldn't start celebrating it now. Just like they didn't start celebrating the 25th anniversary 10 months early, the celebration began on Oct 1 of the 25th year (1996).

If there's going to be a 40th celebration it'll begin on Oct 1, 2011, not Jan 1.

I recall other campaigns that started way early and kept going long after they should have ended.

The Mom

Premium Member
It's pretty hard to take this thread seriously when you can't even spell campaign right. Why is there a typo in roughly half of the thread titles on this site?

I got tired of editing titles every day, especially when I'm busy trying to extinguish, or prevent, flame wars? ;)

Conrad3000

Original Poster
Yikes! Sorry about the typo.

I'm so happy to see civil people having a good time. There are plenty of threads for negativity and conflicting opinions. I for one think of Disney as a positive experience and while it does sometimes open itself up for ridicule, I do feel that it should be given a bit more credit at times. Too many bad posts have made this site into a maddening experience at times. I'm glad this social experiment worked.

gerryu21220

WDW anniversary celebrations? Do tell!

No. I did not say that. Just other "celebrations" that lasted at least two years. You would think after seeing the commercials over and over and over for so long like that, I would remember which one it was...

I'm quite surprised I haven't seen any commercials for this new campaign yet.

Tigger1988

No. I did not say that. Just other "celebrations" that lasted at least two years. You would think after seeing the commercials over and over and over for so long like that, I would remember which one it was...

I'm quite surprised I haven't seen any commercials for this new campaign yet.

So then your comment really had zero relevancy to what I said. I clearly stated that birthday celebrations START on the actual birthday (when Disney dedicates an entire celebration to them).

gerryu21220

So then your comment really had zero relevancy to what I said. I clearly stated that birthday celebrations START on the actual birthday (when Disney dedicates an entire celebration to them).

My point was they could start it earlier, if they choose to. Past events don't necessarily indicate when or what they might decide to do for the 40th Anniversary of WDW. I would go with having it for the whole year of 2011, rather than waiting till the year is nearly over. We'll all find out once they make an official announcement. I was there for the 25th Anniversary, but it was really the next year, in 1997 which seemed odd to me.

Tigger1988

I was there for the 25th Anniversary, but it was really the next year, in 1997 which seemed odd to me.

Why is that odd? October marks the anniversary, from Oct 96 - 97 that was the actual year. The only odd thing would be celebrating the anniversary almost a year in advance.

joannecasey

Hi everyone !

I've been trying all day to submit a "memory" but I keep getting an error when I go to set up an account. Anyone else having this problem ?

gerryu21220

Why is that odd? October marks the anniversary, from Oct 96 - 97 that was the actual year. The only odd thing would be celebrating the anniversary almost a year in advance.

Why not have it during the calendar year that it opened? Can't help if they waited so late in 1971 to open... Just have a really big to-do on October 1st and end it on December 31st, 2011. Close enough. Is going from exactly October 1st, 2011 to November 30th, 2012 really all that important to guests?

Anywho... Saw the new commercial on Sunday. Not a word about using the photos as projections in the parks that I noticed. Did I miss it, or was there really no mention made?

Tigger1988

Why not have it during the calendar year that it opened? Can't help if they waited so late in 1971 to open... Just have a really big to-do on October 1st and end it on December 31st, 2011. Close enough. Is going from exactly October 1st, 2011 to November 30th, 2012 really all that important to guests?

Because the park will only be THIRTY NINE this October. Why would they celebrate the FORTIETH anniversary at the completely wrong time? Because you want them to?

gerryu21220

Because the park will only be THIRTY NINE this October. Why would they celebrate the FORTIETH anniversary at the completely wrong time? Because you want them to?

Why do you insist on making such a big deal out of it? It's a whole lot easier to refer to the 40th Anniversary as being "1971-2011." Sounds silly to celebrate "1971-2012" as the 40th. And who says it must last an entire year anyhow? Just do it from October 2011-December 2011 if you're so bent on waiting till the actual date to start the 40th celebration. Good enough. Most guests really don't care about the exact date. Just like I thought it was silly to continue the 25th Anniversary into 1997 since the actual anniversary was in 1996. (And the hideous pink castle overlay should have been down by '97.) Besides, this has gotten way off-topic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom