Trip Report "I Know More About Disney Than You Two"

Hello!! Hello!! I'm heading back to the world in 16 days so my goal is to get this TR done before I go. I know, you probably don't have much faith in me--neither do I, frankly. But, "If you can dream it, you can do it", right? ;)

WHO:
IMG_0647.JPG

WHERE:

IMG_0299.JPEG

IMG_0229.JPEG

WHEN:
Wednesday, April 14th - Sunday, April 18th

THE TITLE:
The reason for our trip was b/c E wanted to be there on her birthday!! This would actually be the 2nd time she's been in Disney for it. So, obviously all along I figured that the title would have something to do with it. You know, "The Birthday Trip" or something original like that.🤣 I've mentioned in the past that I normally wait though until the end of the trip to decide what the title should be. On day 2 J made a comment to his mother & I that in our wildest dreams we couldn't have been prepared for. Right then & there E's birthday TR title was totally tossed from my mind & a new title was born!!

A sincere welcome to everyone reading!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Another delightful TR! J always cracks me up -- he's the perfect little travel buddy. I'm very impressed with his in-depth knowledge about WDW -- he's quite the "expert"!! :)

You took some great photos (especially the food!). It was also interesting to learn about the various updates in the parks, as that continues to be a rather fluid situation.

As for your flight home -- yikes! Those airport lines looked scary. Glad you, E and J made it home safely.

Thanks for sharing your vacation experiences.

TheMouseFan

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! I don't understand why everyone hates CBR, it's one of my favorite resorts! I'm so jealous of the lack of crowds and the low wait times you experienced. I wish it had been that way in July!! Can't wait to hear about the July trip!

MickeyCB

A cavalcade was coming through when we first got in.
IMG_0551.JPEG
Oh good, you got a picture of my future job, driving Mickey and Minnie around!!
@MickeyCB this one's for you(& Gary)!!
IMG_0609.JPEG
Aww thanks for including that pic! Gary will be so pleased to see J with his pins!

And thanks again for taking the time to write up a report. It is so much fun following along with you guys on your many Disney adventures! Looking forward to reading about your summer time fun!
(And love love the final pic with J and the balloons)! Maybe I will be able to get one similar of our granddaughter in October!

lindawdw

We should be thanking you Patti for allowing us to follow along with your family adventures!!! We enjoy OKW too although we don't stay there with DVC as much as some of the other resorts closer to the parks. OKW has a very laid back feel to it and the restaurant Olivia's is always a great meal. Sorry Spirit was such a mess getting home for you. Looking forward to reading about your next adventure. 🥰

cfry06

Love your reports as always! OKW is one of the DVCs we haven’t stayed in yet, but meaning to. Your comments only reinforced that!
So really random question, but did you (or E and J) happen to be in Hollywood Studios on 8/12? We were recently there and stopped at Baseline for some beers and the charcuterie - could have sworn I saw E and J sitting inside when we grabbed our items. Might have just been in Trip Report land in my head, lol.

Songbird76

SUNDAY, APRIL 18TH

I was sad to be leaving OKW. Seriously, friends, if you haven't checked out this resort you should!! We thoroughly enjoyed it there. When we got back I immediately tried to reserve it for our October trip but unfortunately it was not available.
View attachment 584372

While waiting for the TE I got this text....
View attachment 584373
This didn't sit well with us. As I'm sure you've noticed we always fly Southwest. For that particular day they had 2 nonstop flights to Pittsburgh. One super early & one super late. For the heck of it I looked into Spirit & they had a 4:00 flight. We had both heard not so good things about that airline but since the time much better we went with it. Let me just say(& not b/c of what was going on with them last month)never again........lesson learned.

I really hope to stay here again soon!!
View attachment 584374

We made a stop at AoA.
View attachment 584375

View attachment 584376

And this was the Spirit check in line!! It was an absolute, complete nightmare!!
View attachment 584377

It took FOREVER to get through this line & I could see why. There was only a few people working & frankly, it seemed like they didn't know what they were doing!!
View attachment 584378

View attachment 584379

And this is what it looked like at the gate!! It looked like a mob scene & it was almost intimidating if that makes sense.
View attachment 584380

The flight home was uneventful & we made it back so that's all that counts!! A sincere thank you to all of you who have stuck with me. It has taken me way too long to do this. It might sound odd but I was not happy with myself for the length of time that this has taken. I feel like it starts to become "stale" if it takes me too long. Fingers crossed that my next one won't be as slow🤞🤞🤞
Thanks again everyone!!

This showed up the day after we got back!!
View attachment 584381
Isn't POR opening in October? I'm surprised you tried to book OKW....did you like it better than POR?

Songbird76

I'm sure I'm way behind on the news but I just saw that Yehaa Bob is coming back!!! Immediately thought of you!
He is??? Oh that makes me so happy!! After reading all @riverside 's reports, I had been wanting to see his show, but then covid hit and he was gone and I thought I'd never get to. I MUST make sure to see it once we're allowed back into the country and I can actually go to Disney!! Is he coming back with the reopening in October?

PolynesianPrincess

Just read the whole thing at work!! y'all always look like you have the BEST time together!!

That Spirit check in line looked a lot like our SW check in line in May. With DME no longer taking peoples checked bags, I think the airport is going to look a lot like that going forward, unfortunately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom