I Just got a free upgrade!

yazmin182

Hi everyone,

This is my 3rd trip to Disney and my first free upgrade they gave me! I got an e-mail 2 days ago saying we can be upgraded to Old Key West or Saratoga Springs Resort for free! I couldn't believe it!

I am going during the free dining, Aug.27-Sep.2. I just called them and booked SSR and they gave me the choice between a studio and a 1 bedroom (even tho we're only 2 ppl), I tried to get the one bedroom but after holding for a while, she said it wasn't available.

Either way, I am no longer staying at the All Star Music so I am really excited!

Yay :sohappy: I had to share with everyone!

tecowdw

It sounds like they over-booked the All-Stars, expecting a certain number of cancellations.

While this has never happened to me, a friend of mine was asked when they checked in if they would mind moving from Pop to the Beach Club, while paying the same rate they would at Pop. Disney even offered to send a van to come get them and their luggage. Needless to say, the took it!

I'm still dreaming about the day I check in at Pop and they ask me if I wouldn't mind moving to a Magic Kingdom View room at the Floridian. Hey, it is the Year of a Million Dreams, isn't it??????
I was once asked at check-in at one of the All-Stars if I would be interested in upgrading at n/c to the Port Orleans. It was weird because I was checking in at around 11pm and only staying one night. I took them up on the offer but I always wondered why they bothered on my reservation.

At the OKW resort, I've stayed twice and was upgraded from a studio to a one-bedroom both times at n/c. And neither time did I know until I opened the door.
:cool:

I've upgraded at other resorts too but it's usually been upon my request and hence willingness to pay extra. I upgraded from a regular room to a concierge room at the Polynesian once. It was $80 per night extra, to which I agreed, and the cast member messed up and only charged me $80 total (for 6 nights). That was sweet!
And no, I didn't bring the error to their attention! I'm not that honest!
:p

Upvote 0

mprewitt

DVCs provide you with a lot of space, but I feel you "lose" some of the advantages of a Value: themeing, food court, easier pool access.

Wow! I think the theming at most of the DVC resorts (especially Animal Kingdom Villas and Villas at Wilderness Lodge) is much better than the garish theming at the Value resorts. Plus, you get much more room!

As for the pools, have you seen the pools at BCV, AKV, or VWL?

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

WOW, congrats, that is one heck of a upgrade! We'll be staying at SSR for the first time, yes we are members of DVC, it is one of our properties. So we'll staying at a one bedroom. Hopefully we'll get the building we asked for too.

Upvote 0

GenerationX

Congratulations on your upgrade, yazmin182! Whatever prompted Disney to do this is immaterial to me; it's a cool thing to do for guests, regardless of the reason. We're arriving in the first week of free dining, as well, but we'll be at POR. With five in our group, I'd certainly take an upgrade to a room with more square footage.

Upvote 0

yazmin182

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!

I hope u get sum of that disney magic and get an upgrade. I figured sumone from this website would have got it!

I am having doubts about choosing SSR over OKW, but either way, i'm sure it will be an unforgettable experience.

Upvote 0

M2DD's

I also upgraded

I was also sent an e-mail to upgrade from allstar sports. We are staying at OKW for 13 nites in a one bedroom villa. We'll have a full kitchen and a washer and dryer along with a 2 person juccuzzi tub:sohappy:If you look on other board sites you will see how many people were offered upgrades. It was alot of people. the CM said that our package was valued at over 7000$$ can you believe that. They want to get more people booked at the value resorts during free dinning.
laura

Upvote 0

WDW-LUVR

That si sooooo AWESOME!!!!! Congrats.

I think that people are refusing to chioce the other resorts once they are told that the value ones are booked.

I have a Friend that called to called a week during the FREE dinning Promo and all the value were boked so the choice not to go at all.

Upvote 0

yazmin182

Original Poster
I was also sent an e-mail to upgrade from allstar sports. We are staying at OKW for 13 nites in a one bedroom villa. We'll have a full kitchen and a washer and dryer along with a 2 person juccuzzi tub:sohappy:If you look on other board sites you will see how many people were offered upgrades. It was alot of people. the CM said that our package was valued at over 7000$$ can you believe that. They want to get more people booked at the value resorts during free dinning.
laura

Hey congratulations!

13 nites, that's awesome! I was debating b/w SSR and OKW, have u been to OKW before? Is that why you chose it?

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Hey congratulations!

13 nites, that's awesome! I was debating b/w SSR and OKW, have u been to OKW before? Is that why you chose it?

Many people seem to like OKW more then SSR. SSR seems a little dry,. and i think OKW rooms are a little bigger. I can vouch that the studio at SSR is tiny. When you fold the bed out, it's hard to walk around in the room.

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Wow! I think the theming at most of the DVC resorts (especially Animal Kingdom Villas and Villas at Wilderness Lodge) is much better than the garish theming at the Value resorts. Plus, you get much more room!

As for the pools, have you seen the pools at BCV, AKV, or VWL?

This isn't the WLV or AKL though... keep that in mind....

Alot of kids love Pop Century (against their parents wishes ;) ) just for the icons, pool play areas, pop jet fountains, and fun atmosphere.

OKW and SSR are very "adult friendly" resorts. OKW's pool was rahter "boring" until the addition of the sand castle slide and play area, and the "quiet pools" are nothing fancy. SSR's main pool is nice with the zero entry and rock structure... but nothing compared to SAB. BCV, BWV, and WL all "feed off of" their main resorts... which is a huge help.

Giant icons of Woody and Buzz or golf courses and Down Town Disney? For me... I'll take my villa at SSR... but when we bring the little one... she'll opt for the play fountains and kiddie pool at pop.

Upvote 0

Jimmy Thick

Let me toss a monkey wrench into this as well.

I'm staying 9/20-9/27 and was going to hit Pop Century because of kids, ( I always do deluxe), but was offered the free upgrade as well. So it looks like its not just the early arrivals, check your email daily!!!

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Just out of curiosity, do people ever turn down upgrades? :eek:

If I was offered an upgrade from Pop to Saratoga, yes, I would turn it down. Saratoga has only one bed in the room. I'm going with my sister in September, I do not want to sleep in the same bed with her as she is a very restless sleeper and I'm certainly not sleeping on a pull out, nor would she want to.

Upvote 0

M2DD's

Yazmin182- We got the 1 bdr villa at OKW. I picked OKW for the theming. We live in the midwest so the tropical look appealed to me. I am thinking about switching to SSR but haven't made up my mind yet. Anyone want to help?
laura

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom