I Just got a free upgrade!

yazmin182

Hi everyone,

This is my 3rd trip to Disney and my first free upgrade they gave me! I got an e-mail 2 days ago saying we can be upgraded to Old Key West or Saratoga Springs Resort for free! I couldn't believe it!

I am going during the free dining, Aug.27-Sep.2. I just called them and booked SSR and they gave me the choice between a studio and a 1 bedroom (even tho we're only 2 ppl), I tried to get the one bedroom but after holding for a while, she said it wasn't available.

Either way, I am no longer staying at the All Star Music so I am really excited!

Yay :sohappy: I had to share with everyone!

stitchtastic

Wow lucky you - have a great trip! We go in August to the POR and coming from the UK I doubt very much that we will ever get an upgrade as we are also on a package.
Hope you have a great time:wave:

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

that's awesome! even better than a year of a million dreams pair of mickey ears! :lol:

after Saratoga Springs, will you ever be able to stay in the All Stars again? :lol:

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It sounds like they over-booked the All-Stars, expecting a certain number of cancellations.

While this has never happened to me, a friend of mine was asked when they checked in if they would mind moving from Pop to the Beach Club, while paying the same rate they would at Pop. Disney even offered to send a van to come get them and their luggage. Needless to say, the took it!

I'm still dreaming about the day I check in at Pop and they ask me if I wouldn't mind moving to a Magic Kingdom View room at the Floridian. Hey, it is the Year of a Million Dreams, isn't it??????

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

I just booked AS Sp for the second week of Sept. They could offer me an upgrade if they want to. I'd be upset about it but I'd grudgingly take them up on it. :D

Upvote 0

yazmin182

Original Poster
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I would glady sit thru a sales presentation tho if that means I dont have to stay at the all-stars!

Ya it will be hard staying at a value resort after this but oh well, I am just going to enjoy it and I am so thankful!

I wonder why they offered it to me? Do you think because I booked my airline tickets thru disney too, or was it just random?

I wasn't sure which resort to go with either, SSR or OKW, but I ended up going with the newer one and hope it all turns out good!

Upvote 0

brkgnews

I highly doubt you'll be forced to sit through a presentation. That's the way other timeshares work. DVC is different. At worst, your check-in clerk might ask if you're interested in booking a DVC tour, or their might be a placard in the room or maybe a voicemail on the phone. But my money is on just the little sign in the room (not to mention the eight billion kiosks around the parks).

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
No presentation - Disney does this from time to time. Either they overbooked AsMu, or they're closing down for a refurb partly, or a convention wanted the rooms.

They really just go and pick people out for whatever number they need. No real rhyme or reason. Since it's so far out, i'm thinking its a refurb related move.

Upvote 0

MarkeyMouse

That is wonderful news! Have a Great Vacation! if it's just the two of you Saratoga Springs has a horse and carriage ride, maybe you can celabrate your little piece of MAGIC! Safe Travels.:)

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Hey congrats!

This email went out randomly to people who booked free dinning through disney with arrival dates between 8/26 -9/1.

It appears its due to the fact that nearly every value resort is booked for the beginning part of the promotion, and theres still another month left of booking time. This was disney's way to open up some more rooms and disperse people through out the resorts. Those staying at Pop Century have also been recieving upgrades, so it's overall values, not just the All Stars. You will not have to sit through a sales presentation.

We're hoping the same will happen for our weekend of check-in, but only time will tell!

Lucky you... it's the best feeling!

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Hey congrats!

This email went out randomly to people who booked free dinning through disney with arrival dates between 8/26 -9/1.

It appears its due to the fact that nearly every value resort is booked for the beginning part of the promotion, and theres still another month left of booking time. This was disney's way to open up some more rooms and disperse people through out the resorts. Those staying at Pop Century have also been recieving upgrades, so it's overall values, not just the All Stars. You will not have to sit through a sales presentation.

We're hoping the same will happen for our weekend of check-in, but only time will tell!

Lucky you... it's the best feeling!

Just out of curiosity, do people ever turn down upgrades? :eek:

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended

Yes, often they try to get even more for the inconvience (and Disney just puts them back where they started).

But sometimes people have legit reasons, like two parties booked to travel together or something.

Upvote 0

disneydudette

HTML:

Theres been a lot of talk about the idea of upgrading to a DVC... especially on free dinning. At the values, you have easy access to food courts, refillable beverages, and snacks. That aspect is slightly more difficult at the DVCs... especially at a resort like OKW where it's so spread out.

Then factor in the sleeping arrangements. Our trip is just my mom and I... so I would be nice enough to give her the bed while I take the pull out (unless we're in a studio at OKW.) The idea of crashing on a pull out all week isn't exactly "thrilling."

DVCs provide you with a lot of space, but I feel you "lose" some of the advantages of a Value: themeing, food court, easier pool access. Some people have turned this upgrade down... but I think we would take advantage it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom