I injury at Raglan Road

Linco

Did you contact Disney security to see if they had a record of it ? Does Raglan Road have a record of the event? Without any documentation/verification, it's sadly in the realm of hearsay.
  • Police Reports. After an accident, you should obtain copies of the police report made at the scene. ...
  • Medical Records. ...
  • Receipts. ...
  • Photos. ...
  • Medical Bills. ...
  • Pay Stubs. ...
  • Damages.
I am sorry to hear of your injury and hope you feel better soon.

Can I ask why you wish to report the incident? From your description of what happened, it seems to have been a freak accident rather than anyone or anything’s fault. Sorry if I’ve misunderstood.
Raglan Roads is not a Disney owned restaurant, so you will need to contact them direct. There needs to be liability to pursue a claim.

BuddyThomas

Raglan Roads is not a Disney owned restaurant, so you will need to contact them direct. There needs to be liability to pursue a claim.
I would pursue a claim if:

The bartender threw a glass of Guinness at me for no reason and I fell off the stool.

A piece of the ceiling fell down on me and made me fall off the stool.

The bartender put a “mickey” in my drink and made me pass out and fall off the stool.

Someone spilled something on the floor by my stool that didn’t get cleaned up right away and when I stepped down, I fell off the stool.

One of the dancers kicked me in the face and I fell off the stool.

I would not pursue a claim if I just accidentally fall off the stool. Call me crazy for thinking about taking personal responsibility.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I would pursue a claim if:

The bartender threw a glass of Guinness at me for no reason and I fell off the stool.

A piece of the ceiling fell down on me and made me fall off the stool.

The bartender put a “mickey” in my drink and made me pass out and fall off the stool.

Someone spilled something on the floor by my stool that didn’t get cleaned up right away and when I stepped down, I fell off the stool.

One of the dancers kicked me in the face and I fell off the stool.

I would not pursue a claim if I just accidentally fall off the stool. Call me crazy for thinking about taking personal responsibility.
The dancers would need pretty long legs to hit you on the barstools 😉

spock8113

This is just like a Workers Comp case, you need to fill out paperwork even before you hit the floor! The accident/injury needs to be reported almost as it occurs. Never assume any time period elapsing is ok. When filling out the "Accident Report", the cause, liability and such will be figured out later.............much later, if you chose to follow-up. People are like cars, there may be only minor body damage but what occurs after the accident can be much worse. The truthfulness of that will also be determined later...........much later, if you choose to pursue that as well. "Not only am I a lawyer, I played one on TV too!"

Chi84

Premium Member
Yeah, it’s weird how vicious some have been towards a person with a pretty serious injury just looking for contact information.
Some of the posts have been incredibly insensitive. Her accident on the property was going to have to be reported on medical forms regardless of any liability on the part of the restaurant, which is determined later. I'd like to think those posters are just ignorant of how the system works instead of just plain mean.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Just as an FYI for anyone reading this thread, if you do have a legitimate personal injury claim and need legal assistance, try to find a well-regarded local attorney/firm and not a large PI firm you've seen on TV. Although it's not true 100% of the time, and there are plenty of small local attorneys who do this as well, the large PI firms tend to operate as settlement mills.

EDIT: That's not to suggest that any attorney who advertises should be avoided; just that you need to be careful.
As someone who defends businesses and insurance companies, I can attest to that. There are exceptions of course, but the tendency I’ve seen in my 16+ years has been that the higher amount of commercials and billboards, the higher the likelihood they are after a quick settlement that may be leaving something on the table.

Also, I know this isn’t workers comp, but at least in my state, the state has settlement hearings on that type of claim for any unrepresented parties to make sure they are getting fair compensation, future medicals are accounted for, etc. So, unless there is an issue with something being denied by the insurance company that you think shouldn’t have been or something more complex, a lot of people with simple claims are just giving away a third of their settlements to “the guy on tv” because we would have paid the same regardless.

Edit: if anyone does feel like they need one, do your research. Info on the internet can be manipulated and often just tells you who’s good at marketing. I always recommend asking a lawyer you know (who doesn’t handle that type of claim themselves) who they would use or send a family member to as it can be a good way to help make sure you get someone competent and reliable. Most will either know someone with a good reputation they’d be happy to refer you to, or they’ll know someone plugged into the area of law you’re looking for that can give them some names with a quick text or call. Same logic can be applied to finding a good doctor, contractor, etc. The closer someone is to the speciality you’re looking for (without having a conflict of just telling you to use themselves), the more reliable info you are likely to get.

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
a lot of people with simple claims are just giving away a third of their settlements because we would have paid the same regardless.
This is absolutely true in my state also, although a poster here firmly believes anyone injured in Florida needs an attorney.

UNCgolf

As someone who defends businesses and insurance companies, I can attest to that. There are exceptions of course, but the tendency I’ve seen in my 16+ years has been that the higher amount of commercials and billboards, the higher the likelihood they are after a quick settlement that may be leaving something on the table.

Yep. It's generally more of an issue with the large PI firms, because their whole business model is volume, but it's certainly not limited to them. Get a case, get it settled quickly, bring in a few thousand dollars, and move on to someone else. Even if they could potentially make far more by taking it to trial (or even fighting harder for a larger settlement), it's often not worth the extra time and resources -- it's more valuable to them to settle 20 cases for $10k each in a month than spend 6 months (or potentially much longer) on one case for $300k.

I'm not a PI attorney (I mainly do corporate defense in lawsuits and government investigations), but I have a couple of friends who are and they've seen people leave huge sums on the table by going to a firm that quickly settled.

flynnibus

Premium Member
After our child being born, the second most exciting thing about becoming a parent earlier this year was that the medical bills eroded our deductibles and max out of pocket in one move.
I've been seeing all sorts of doctors for all sorts of things since them, because it isn't costing me a dime.
This is the life of a parent with multiple children... hitting your OOP maxes by like Apr/May each year :D :D

Two or three 'incidents' that include an ER visit and bam... high deductible met.

Smiley/OCD

To the OP, you always, Always, ALWAYS hire a lawyer (or at the VERY least consult with one)…I have a close friend that had a clear cut PI case, decided against any actions or consultation with an attorney and took the settlement. Two years later they needed surgery because of the injury. They took the one time settlement, didn’t read the rider that stated they relinquish ALL future claims and had to pay 25k out of pocket for the surgery (20+ years ago). You ALWAYS reserve the right to reopen the case if a problem develops down the road. Even in a car accident, even if you feel 75% ok, you ALWAYS go to the hospital even if it’s on your own later that day to get it DOCUMENTED & CYA…you snooze, you lose…just because you go, doesn’t mean you’re going to sue. You’re just covering yourself and your family. ANYONE on here that tells you otherwise is wrong…you don’t get two bites at the apple.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
To the OP, you always, Always, ALWAYS hire a lawyer (or at the VERY least consult with one)…I have a close friend that had a clear cut PI case, decided against any actions or consultation with an attorney and took the settlement. Two years later they needed surgery because of the injury. They took the one time settlement, didn’t read the rider that stated they relinquish ALL future claims and had to pay 25k out of pocket for the surgery (20+ years ago). You ALWAYS reserve the right to reopen the case if a problem develops down the road. Even in a car accident, even if you feel 75% ok, you ALWAYS go to the hospital even if it’s on your own later that day to get it DOCUMENTED & CYA…you snooze, you lose…just because you go, doesn’t mean you’re going to sue. You’re just covering yourself and your family. ANYONE on here that tells you otherwise is wrong…you don’t get two bites at the apple.
If the claim involves signing away rights without neutral (judicial) oversight to ensure you know your rights and know what you are getting (and giving up), it certainly can be valuable. If it’s anything where a claim or important treatment is getting denied I’d go right away. If it’s a more simple claim, it can save someone quite a bit of money to work out a settlement and take it to a lawyer who will either review the document with them for a small fee, or if they think they can get them more, take a contingency on only the amount they obtain over your initial offer.

I deal mostly in comp claims and the rules can vary from state to state, but in my state and area of law at least, attorneys are not allowed to take a fee on the portion that has already been offered to their client and is actively on the table prior to being retained (although, I suspect some unscrupulous and/or incompetent ones do anyway).

graphite1326

Raglan would be liable for all hospital costs and any follow up cost. The hospital probably asked you where this happened so they could keep a record and/or where to bill.

Smiley/OCD

If the claim involves signing away rights without neutral (judicial) oversight to ensure you know your rights and know what you are getting (and giving up), it certainly can be valuable. If it’s anything where a claim or important treatment is getting denied I’d go right away. If it’s a more simple claim, it can save someone quite a bit of money to work out a settlement and take it to a lawyer who will either review the document with them for a small fee, or if they think they can get them more, take a contingency on only the amount they obtain over your initial offer.

I deal mostly in comp claims and the rules can vary from state to state, but in my state and area of law at least, attorneys are not allowed to take a fee on the portion that has already been offered to their client and is actively on the table prior to being retained (although, I suspect some unscrupulous and/or incompetent ones do anyway).
That’s what I was referring to…better to be safe and let someone who is an expert in law give you advice than take it upon yourself and get burned…it just might be the best $$ you spend…

Lilofan

This is absolutely true in my state also, although a poster here firmly believes anyone injured in Florida needs an attorney.
Many commercials throughout the day watching TV in our hotel room in FL is Morgan & Morgan, Dan Newlin , how much I received in my lawsuit , etc .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom