I injury at Raglan Road

Ayla

For people who aren't aware of how most insurance in the US works, whenever you go to the ER/Urgent Care/Dr for an injury, you need to check 'was this an accident?' If yes, you need to say where the injury happened on the paperwork so your insurance can go after the place's insurance where the injury occurred.

LittleBuford

And lets not mince words - you were asking that question because you were taking the stance of 'this is your fault, why would you try to sue? you're just looking for money', not any type of 'you don't need to file a report in a situation like this' response.
You added this after I quoted you. Now I understand your tone much better.

No, that wasn’t my stance at all. I don’t play games—I say what I mean. If you wish to read something else into what I wrote, that’s on you.

LittleBuford

For people who aren't aware of how most insurance in the US works, whenever you go to the ER/Urgent Care/Dr for an injury, you need to check 'was this an accident?' If yes, you need to say where the injury happened on the paperwork so your insurance can go after the place's insurance where the injury occurred.
To be clear, I was asking specifically why the OP would need to send a report to Disney (which is what they asked about), not why they would need to write/file a report at all.

Kamikaze

To be clear, I was asking specifically why the OP would need to send a report to Disney (which is what they asked about), not why they would need to write/file a report at all.
Because most people assume that all things at WDW are run by Disney. They don't know the intricacies of who operates what restaurants and booths and shops. So they wanted to file with 'Disney' because they're at 'Disney'. Thought thats pretty obvious.

BASS

I doubt you've ever worked in any type of food service, because there is almost zero chance that the manager that was spoken with made any written record of the conversation. Especially at a place like Raglan Road which is a one-off restaurant (although they used to own another in Vegas) and not a corporate chain with corporate policies and handbooks.

And just showing up to the hospital and saying 'I got hurt at X' isn't any type of proof that you got hurt at X, no.

So yes, if you want to be safe, you should file an actual police or medical report with the proper authorities. Now - since an ambulance was called in this case, it should suffice for what would be required for the insurance, but its always better to be safe than sorry.

But you're now getting into the weeds about what might be required instead of your original question which was simply 'Why would you file a report?'. And lets not mince words - you were asking that question because you were taking the stance of 'this is your fault, why would you try to sue? you're just looking for money', not any type of 'you don't need to file a report in a situation like this' response.
This isn't entirely accurate.

An incident report should be prepared by the establishment, not the injured individual. It is designed for the establishment to document the injury, the fall, etc. to be able to rebut any later suggestion to the contrary by the injured individual. It is not necessary for a claimant to prove that he/she was at a particular place at a particular time.

At this juncture, it'd be a problem for the OP to report it. She doesn't have an attorney. So if she says (or doesn't say something), that becomes fodder for a defense lawyer if the story changes. For example, assume she doesn't mention that the floor was wet or greasy or there was a slippery banana peel on the floor (lol). If she later maintains that the floor was wet and her clothes was wet, someone will ask why this was not addressed. And then, you always have the problem that if a report is conveyed to someone who writes down what is being told, it can be distorted.

Besides, it is really, really hard for an establishment to argue that an injured person just made it all up, particularly when there are usually medical records to substantiate an injury or damage. Where folks will bend the truth is not that they fell, but the extent of the injuries. That's where the BS is.

LittleBuford

Because most people assume that all things at WDW are run by Disney. They don't know the intricacies of who operates what restaurants and booths and shops. So they wanted to file with 'Disney' because they're at 'Disney'. Thought thats pretty obvious.
If it had been obvious to me, I wouldn’t have asked. But I think I’ve explained myself enough to you as it is.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
What did the OP hit that caused them to break their neck, supposedly? They left that part out.
The older you get, the more fragile your spine -- particularly if there's any osteoporosis present. The OP says she's 66... I can't speak to any preexisting conditions, but it's not hard to imagine a slip where her legs go out from under her and her cervical spine smacks the rungs in a bar stool.

Married5Times

The burden is on the plaintiff to prove negligence,
the threshold is not hard to meet......... don't need to straight up PROVE anything; just need more weight in your argument than the opposition.

but anyway I wonder about the prospects of this poster's 'contribution' to the injury.

Chi84

Premium Member
If the injured plaintiff is "comparatively negligent," it reduces his/her recovery. For example, and like the situation here at a pub, if someone is drinking, that can be a problem.
I understand contributory/
comparative negligence. My question was directed to another poster.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
The older you get, the more fragile your spine -- particularly if there's any osteoporosis present. The OP says she's 66... I can't speak to any preexisting conditions, but it's not hard to imagine a slip where her legs go out from under her and her cervical spine smacks the rungs in a bar stool.

Well the claim was as soon as she went to step down is when she slipped, so maybe she caught the bar itself instead of the stool, because that's a precise as hell strike to the back of the neck from a bar stool if she never knocked it over.

jloucks

I have receipts at Raglan Road, as well as a voice mail from the mgr after he took my son's phone number, medical record including an EMS , receipt from my visit that night.

I just received a form from Cigna asking for the commercial property's insurance information. I don't know who to list. I cannot get to anyone! I only know my neck is broken, I am in a LOT of pain with no assurance the halo will work. HELP me navigate this mess if you have the expertise. I am a newly retired school teacher and am not interested in a big settlement from anyone.
Ah, so it begins, the insurance companies hunting each other. You may have just wandered into a ton of red tape. Who owns what can be tricky. Good news, just give Cigna the company info you have (that somebody shared in this thread), and they can get their team on it. They have a horse in the race and way more resources than you do.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
We don't have it as good as in Canada. its a foreign term to Canadians when USA healthcare has to select doctors in network and the more expensive out of network doctors.
After our child being born, the second most exciting thing about becoming a parent earlier this year was that the medical bills eroded our deductibles and max out of pocket in one move.
I've been seeing all sorts of doctors for all sorts of things since them, because it isn't costing me a dime.

BuddyThomas

Boy that new member who posted this nonsense and then ghosted the thread like the katybug sure stirred up all the regulars. I guess that was her goal, and it succeeded. Also, I woke up this morning with my right eye totally blood red and I currently look like a zombie. I was diagnosed with a burst blood vessel that will take two weeks to get back to normal. Can I sue my partner of 20 years because it happened in his bed?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Boy that new member who posted this nonsense and then ghosted the thread like the katybug sure stirred up all the regulars. I guess that was her goal, and it succeeded. Also, I woke up this morning with my right eye totally blood red and I currently look like a zombie. I was diagnosed with a burst blood vessel that will take two weeks to get back to normal. Can I sue my partner of 20 years because it happened in his bed?

Eww! I hope you get better soon and it doesn't ache. You think you might get some greenish makeup for your face to go with the flow ?

BuddyThomas

Eww! I hope you get better soon and it doesn't ache. You think you might get some greenish makeup for your face to go with the flow ?
I probably should get the green makeup but at the moment, just a patch. Maybe they’ll hire me as an animatronic in Pirates of the Caribbean l?

68960DD5-99B6-4A12-A3C5-31C99DE87EA3.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom