I hear the Rise of the Resistance opening ceremony is going to be pretty interesting.

tirian

Did I miss the mega subwoofer?
No, because you couldn’t hear it on the video. ;) But at least there were two decently sized X-Wing fighters.

Oof, that stage ceremony was like watching a really bad high school production, complete with the awkward principal’s speech that everyone knows isn’t quite true.

But the ride really is fantastic!

Last edited:

Mickeyboof

Why would the FAA even care about those. To Whoever compared those to the Rockettes drones- I apologize. The radio city drones are way more complex and impressive compared to... that.

LittleGiants'16

I'm sure Disney already has a ridiculous liability insurance policy...
Large insurance policy: likely yes.
One that covers drones falling on people: maybe not.

As I’m sure you’ve encountered in your personal life, insurance companies aren’t usually the quickest to pay out claims that the policy may not cover. After all, insurance companies don’t make money by paying out claims.

jinx8402

Did I miss the mega subwoofer?

It doesn't come across in the stream, but it was probably only used for when the x wings jumped to lightspeed (the bright flash of light as they descended). It was most likely used just as much for the punch/shaking feeling a sub that large would create than the noise itself.

I'll agree it was a little underwhelming watching on the stream, but I bet a good portion of the attendees they had no idea of the xwings at all, so it was probably better being there.

tirian

Watch the replay. You will hear it twice when the X-Wings fly away. Two notes. Look at my old post, as I said it was ONLY for that effect.

The X-Wings were supposed to do more.
To be fair, I just got a text message that the audio was “impressive.” I assume they’re talking about that sound effect.

My friends also said the acting was even worse in person, since nobody was playing along. I feel bad for the actors, since they were given a really lousy script. And I’ve also heard there was some polite laughter as Chapek touted the land’s—umm—success. (I wonder if Catherine Powell was laughing.)

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
What happened. Windy up there?

No idea. As I said before, I am not Disney. I haven’t seen the drones in a bit I just know what I am told. Original plans started with Ties and X-Wing, then it went to X-Wings patrolling a bit than hyperspacing out. That is the last of what I know. I guess they ultimately decided on this.

My thoughts...

Mr. Chapek should never be allowed to do one of these again. His lack of excitement carried through the entire presentation and the attitude of attendees. If someone who was generally excited had been on stage, we would have seen a much different ceremony.
Exactly. It sounded like he was reading the ride description straight off of a corporate blog.

trainplane3

My thoughts...

Mr. Chapek should never be allowed to do one of these again. His lack of excitement carried through the entire presentation and the attitude of attendees. If someone who was generally excited had been on stage, we would have seen a much different ceremony.
As weird, crazy, insane, and a "5 year old in a billionaires body" that Elon Musk is, you have to admit he's excited about everything. This was a lazy prepared script that was read off by Mr. Clean. Elon gets excited over a freaking tunnel or someone throwing metal balls at his truck. As crazy as his ideas are, he loves them no matter what and shows it. I'd rather a messy but exciting PR event then the usual Disney events.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom